ComPet Development Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]ComPet Development Update[/h]

compet-beta.jpg

We are pleased to announce that The Closed Beta has been set for May 17, 8:00 UTC. !

In order to ensure that the quality of the game is not compromised, we will not be releasing ComPet to the public on May 10 but will instead be continuing with the QA process. We will send out further information as soon as possible, but for now we would like to assure everyone that all our efforts are focussed on making Compet as good as it can be. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

The prices for Compet Deeds will be raised from $10 to $12 per deed. This adjustment will be reflected in the packages sold on the web as of today:https://competgame.com/shop/

Originally Posted Here

That's a clever move - "for no reason at all - and for no real valuation reason, we are going to increase the price of compet deeds" [We know all you mug/investors/gamblers [delete which one] will chase it at the new price]

That's a clever move - "for no reason at all - and for no real valuation reason, we are going to increase the price of compet deeds" [We know all you mug/investors/gamblers [delete which one] will chase it at the new price]

it is a odd move considering the MU is only 105ish and wasn't really selling then, meaning the price will have to rise just to meet it.

List of long-standing known bugs in the main game goes here. Some are affecting shop turnover or otherwise harm business. Wtf, we just find new money elsewhere. There's a sucker born every minute.

List of long-standing known bugs in the main game goes here. Some are affecting shop turnover or otherwise harm business. Wtf, we just find new money elsewhere. There's a sucker born every minute.

Its ok, if you dont want them I buy them! No need to be rude :)

hmm... so value of each compet deed in game already just went up 20 ped for no reason at all except that Mindark decided to delay release? wtf?

... for no reason at all ...

well, actually, I was thinking how typical it was that deed investors had been left high and dry as usual by an ever-lengthier period without payouts, or even beta.
Then, when it finally came along, people would be able to buy deeds if they wanted without all that tied-up zero-return period, which is ungrateful to the early supporters.

Now MA have given a theoretical return for that waiting time. Agreed, it is only compared to lower new-purchase returns, effective if people sell their early deeds, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised.

Disclaimer: I own far fewer deeds than I am considering purchasing if I actually like the beta, so it's not good news from that perspective..... but then again i don't praise or criticise based just on my own investment position...:)
______
Oh, and can someone PLEASE provide info on the shopping cart process? The shop now asks you to log in to your EU account, so can you now pay in peds, or are they just making a link to your account before payment?

I hate it when steps are not transparent until after you have taken them! It's like having to say whether you want to continue with the galactic mission, but not knowing which answer will open that bonus divine intervention path.....

Last edited:
Now MA have given a theoretical return for that waiting time. Agreed, it is only compared to lower new-purchase returns, effective if people sell their early deeds, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised.

Honestly I am staggered

FOR SALE

BAG OF AIR - fresh new air I have just obtained from my window. As this is essential to life I suggest a price of 100 ped per breath - please note tomorrow I may decide to increase the price. BUY TODAY great investment potential

Oh, and can someone PLEASE provide info on the shopping cart process? The shop now asks you to log in to your EU account, so can you now pay in peds, or are they just making a link to your account before payment?

Shopping cart payments are always in real world currency, not peds. Bring your credit card.

If you ask me, chances are...they've exceeded their initial budget calculations?

(Based on a 100 PED initial budget estimation...so much so that they're forced to increase it to 120 PEDs now to make it worth their while. :ahh:)

attachment.php

Why you cries, lil critter? wants moar moneys? :rolleyes:

Tuesday 17th May then.

I won't book a days leave from work just yet...smiles.

We have an updated clock https://competgame.com/

So $10 to $12 a deed. Mixed emotions on pricing. I've got some already, and no more cash to buy more right now (so no loss to me in the short term). Let's see how compet performs and I'll decide then if it's worth buying more at the new price.

It's interesting situation though; I would've thought MA might have sold a ton more over the next two weeks, if they said the price will rise to $12 on 17th May. Two weeks of rushed buying. All they've done now, is created a wait and see situation.

That said; they've got the deed sales figures, I don't.

Rick

Last edited:
If they raise more money for compet by making deeds more expencive, I see this much more positive than adding a TP fee to get money for compet development :)

Its ok, if you dont want them I buy them! No need to be rude :)

That's fine and good luck with it. Everybody who has deeds already just got a 20% value increase as compensation for the delay, also fine. Just hope there is no rude awakening down the line. Shop owners who invested thousands in their prime location in Calypso malls, are they compensated for losing business to the bug that you still can't access stuff put out in the aisle? How long has that gone unfixed? I just try clicking once every other month when I visit there again. It is one example out of many which make me not consider a serious investment here. Oh, the primary mall is for sale as we speak, and why I wonder... not really.

No offence intended, but it has to be possible to say that I find it foolish, short-sighted and driven by greed because it is not backed up by anything but promises which have a track record of getting abandoned. I make a conscious effort to try and not get sucked into the MA bashing routine offered by some, still a paying customer after all for that which is good, but sometimes it snaps.

Gains are only earnings when they are realised. I'ma gonna login in a few and expect auctions to be awash...

Last edited:
Honestly I am staggered

FOR SALE

BAG OF AIR - fresh new air I have just obtained from my window. As this is essential to life I suggest a price of 100 ped per breath - please note tomorrow I may decide to increase the price. BUY TODAY great investment potential

Well, yes :laugh:. But it does depend a bit on where you want to go after you leave your window... and what potential it offers.
...and maybe someone has carried out a really serious new forecast of the compet economy in 2030 and come up with firm expectations which will leave people gasping for breath. Where will your bag of air (L) be then?

Also watch out for their new trick - expanded air. Increased volume at a similarly inflated price.... all you need to do is wait while they raise the temperature (= more hot air!) :yay: Lovin' it!

In one of first MA announcements for compets they posted that deeds price will increase so we were informed about and nothing wrong in that.
Its only that it took longer as predicted.

It's interesting situation though; I would've thought MA might have sold a ton more over the next two weeks, if they said the price will rise to $12 on 17th May. Two weeks of rushed buying.

And losing $2 on every deed, of which most probably are still unsold? The rushed buying starts now, as people will expect them to become $14 or more any moment.

I would like to see the additional $2 on every compet deed sold in the web store, distributed as dividends to all compet deed holders, until compets is released, as compensation for the delay :wise:.

Tuesday 17th May then.

I won't book a days leave from work just yet...smiles.

We have an updated clock https://competgame.com/

So $10 to $12 a deed. Mixed emotions on pricing. I've got some already, and no more cash to buy more right now (so no loss to me in the short term). Let's see how compet performs and I'll decide then if it's worth buying more at the new price.

It's interesting situation though; I would've thought MA might have sold a ton more over the next two weeks, if they said the price will rise to $12 on 17th May. Two weeks of rushed buying. All they've done now, is created a wait and see situation.

That said; they've got the deed sales figures, I don't.

Rick

that is so true! hell I'd have doubled my investment in that case just so I wouldn't miss out on a good deal :D

I guess no one here has heard of early bird discounts....

And losing $2 on every deed, of which most probably are still unsold? The rushed buying starts now, as people will expect them to become $14 or more any moment.

Ha,ha,ha,ha.....Don't go giving them ideas. They might just do that.

I was thinking back to CLD, if I'd took out a £50K loan and just sat of them, it might have been good business plan.

Hindsight is wonderful thing. That said, my mind was always in gaming mode back then, never really investing mode (how it should be really..for a game). No regrets.

Rick

Yes, I am the same Rick. I am all for the game play. Find it hard to sit on peds for very long.

I guess no one here has heard of early bird discounts....

Considered it and found it better described as a discount for being in the dark about what it actually is you're paying for. Not without precedence in this VR. I said above the $2 is compensation for the delay, this was meant ironic (sorry if expressed badly) but in the end it just fits like the proverbial butt on the bucket.

Time to hit the malls before shop owners realize webshop prices went up...

Time to hit the malls before shop owners realize webshop prices went up...

Compet Deeds at Malls, well lets rush them, bevor they notice value is up to 120 PED :)

Back