ComPet Development Update

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is to funny and so Mindark!!! It was so expected to be delayed, beta the 17th the game release to cell phones, tablets and browsers in 2020. Beta accepts micro purchases but no revenue shares until official game release in 3-5 years.

Btw: the 2020 dates and 3-5 years are just my predictions based on how MA has done everything in the last 5 years I played.

Also the 10-12 usd hike on deeds stops my investing weekly, migrating my money to other investments again. Bad move by MA I would have kept buying at 10 until release.

New Update:
Maybe the reason for the delay is they are going to add teleporters for your pets to use and adding teleporter charges to the compet game :laugh:

Last edited:
Mindark said:
Financing has been a great success so the deeds will only be available until The Closed Beta goes live on May 17. After that, they will be traded over the Entropia Universe ingame auction.

Lol, i've become way to sceptical for this game.
So won't even make the comment i wanted to make, but you all know what i mean :)

Also the 10-12 usd hike on deeds stops my investing weekly, migrating my money to other investments again. Bad move by MA I would have kept buying at 10 until release.

They extended the sells-period from May 10 to May 17, that is one week. I don't know what mega big weekly investment you are doing that would make any huge different for MA? :silly2:

They extended the sells-period from May 10 to May 17, that is one week. I don't know what mega big weekly investment you are doing that would make any huge different for MA? :silly2:

It is not a huge investment but why would a person pay extra for incompetency from a companies product. I was buying at 10 per deed and getting set amount every week for last 10+ weeks, why the fuck would I pay 12 now and still not have shit to show for it besides another delay. I was just stating I would have kept going as is but any increase was game changer and I cutting myself off cold turkey now. You can keep investing in incompetency if you like, I figured I did my share already and not wanting to pay more to keep going.

That's like having a furnace repairman coming to fix your furnace in the arctic in middle of winter and not actually fix it and then say I will be back later but you have to pay me 2 bucks more an hour to finish the job I was hired for.

I am sorry but paying extra for incompetency is just stupid they should have lowered the deed prices if anything because of their failure. Not sure about you but paying extra for failure is just not something I like to do even though I have paid to play this game last 5 years.

Reactions: Mac
A delay in software development is inevitable. There are no correlations to incompetence except for your bias against mindark.

Anyone who has ever been involved in any software development knows that product delays are almost guaranteed. Could they have planned better? Sure. I'm one of those types who always makes our deadlines but I just went through a long battle with a separate business team who fought my estimations every step of the way.. ie. Wanting it sooner. Based on my experience, they could have communicated the slide in dates earlier but I'm sure there was more to it that what we can see.

We need to separate the drama bullshit (bias) from constructive assessments of potential investment opportunities. It truly gets old and I think some people on pcf are pushing the limits of what is tolerable. Extrapolating that it would take years to deliver a finished product is just another childish tantrum... looking for yet another reason to bash mindark.

A delay in software development is inevitable. There are no correlations to incompetence except for your bias against mindark.

Anyone who has ever been involved in any software development knows that product delays are almost guaranteed. Could they have planned better? Sure. I'm one of those types who always makes our deadlines but I just went through a long battle with a separate business team who fought my estimations every step of the way.. ie. Wanting it sooner. Based on my experience, they could have communicated the slide in dates earlier but I'm sure there was more to it that what we can see.

We need to separate the drama bullshit (bias) from constructive assessments of potential investment opportunities. It truly gets old and I think some people on pcf are pushing the limits of what is tolerable. Extrapolating that it would take years to deliver a finished product is just another childish tantrum... looking for yet another reason to bash mindark.

Well I work everyday as a software developer and I can assure you when we miss a deadline our company does not go back to the client and say we can extend our contract but it will cost you more per hour then before because we have incompetent people working on it or we underestimated the project and can't meet the deadlines. We either offer same price or discounted price per hour but I assure you we do not jack the price up expecting them to pay more per hour for the product to get finished.

<Redacted>

I stated my peace and will be my last post on the matter.

The world stock market is about to crash, lose 50-80%
Yet in EU you can make 20% profit at a whim? wow

Well I work everyday as a software developer and I can assure you when we miss a deadline our company does not go back to the client and say we can extend our contract but it will cost you more per hour then before because we have incompetent people working on it or we underestimated the project and can't meet the deadlines. We either offer same price or discounted price per hour but I assure you we do not jack the price up expecting them to pay more per hour for the product to get finished.

<Redacted>

I stated my peace and will be my last post on the matter.

I can agree with you that I don't understand the price hike but I'm sure there was additional cost and we are funding that cost through the shares. They can't absorb it. It's a different model.

Normally stake holders would have to approve the additional funds, but that process does not exist here. We effectively approve it by buying more deeds.

Last edited:
As many business we have so many different contract, agreements and deals we can see.
Sure if we have hour, day or even a few weeks of delivery delay what is considered as normal but we have seen delays of a year, two years, five years and even one of newer like implementing back natural way of sweat gathering as soon servers will be more stable from year 2010. With little search anyone can find what other delays measured in years are about.

But if we look other business we can find interesting examples - for example ship and port.
Ship normally pay for all services in port but if port fail to deliver or deliver with delay port pay big penalty (money) to ship for each hour and risk that next time that ship will choose another port.

this is very interesting I still don't know really what to think of it. The 12$ price just seems really weird. Maybe they thought people would get pissed at more delays and sell lower than 100? So instead they raised prices :D It could be they need more funding but idk how increasing the price helps. It's not like they sold all the regular deeds anyway at 100ea. But yeah gratz to people who held and got insta 120% off initial investment.

If we just keep feeding it money with a shovel eventually it will go away, right? Guys... anyone?

edit delete. All my reply links went all weird. Forget this reply, not writing it out again...lol

Hi guys - I've not found where MA mention when they will stop selling deeds, nor that they indicate that the price would rise.
All I have found is quite old: Before launch, 200,000 ComPet Deeds, priced at 100 PED (10 USD) each, will be made available through the webshop and in the Entropia Universe auction.

'Before' could indicate a limited offer, yes, but I get the impression people have read something else somewhere (or have heard it on the grapevine?).

I haven't read the thread so I apologise if someone has raised this point already.

Artificially raising the price of a deed from $10 to $12 is a clever way of installing a safety net. For those who hold deeds in-game, and get bored waiting for the release decide to sell their deeds, will only sell on or very near to the price of 120ped per deed.

This means while the original USD investment to MA was $10, they have instantly made this into $12, for free, in held in-game PEDs. Either the purchaser deposited to buy the deed, or used their ingame funds (same net effect).

Hi guys - I've not found where MA mention when they will stop selling deeds, nor that they indicate that the price would rise.
All I have found is quite old: Before launch, 200,000 ComPet Deeds, priced at 100 PED (10 USD) each, will be made available through the webshop and in the Entropia Universe auction.

'Before' could indicate a limited offer, yes, but I get the impression people have read something else somewhere (or have heard it on the grapevine?).

Much of the communication for compet is via the Buzz feeds

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

They said "The prices for Compet Deeds will be raised from $10 to $12 per deed. This adjustment will be reflected in the packages sold on the web as of today: https://competgame.com/shop/ Financing has been a great success so the deeds will only be available until The Closed Beta goes live on May 17. After that, they will be traded over the Entropia Universe ingame auction."

Does that mean deeds are only available via the web-shop until the May 17,
and then MA will list any unsold deeds via the in game global auction

Or does it mean they will only be listed in the in-game auction from other players, and MA have no more to sell (or will not be selling anymore).

Who knows; MA always wrap up news with ambiguous wording; I never know if it's sloppy or if they're just masters at twists and turns and like to keep people guessing.

Maybe any unsold deeds are allocated to MA employees as a bonus...who knows.

Rick

this is very interesting I still don't know really what to think of it. The 12$ price just seems really weird. Maybe they thought people would get pissed at more delays and sell lower than 100? So instead they raised prices :D It could be they need more funding but idk how increasing the price helps.

May guess is that they want to "reward" people who take a bigger risk and invest earlier in the development. When the product is close to be finished the investors takes a smaller risk because you have more data to base your judgment on. For example, companies that invest in Spotify today must pay an higher price for a share in the company compared for 6-7 years ago. If MA makes an other similar co-founder project in the future it will encourage people to invest it early in the development stage.

The world stock market is about to crash, lose 50-80%

You know that for a sure? :silly2:

I still want to see just who they are marketing this game to

Because where I live children are not allowed to use credit cards

May guess is that they want to "reward" people who take a bigger risk and invest earlier in the development. When the product is close to be finished the investors takes a smaller risk because you have more data to base your judgment on. For example, companies that invest in Spotify today must pay an higher price for a share in the company compared for 6-7 years ago. If MA makes an other similar co-founder project in the future it will encourage people to invest it early in the development stage. =

Investors pay more for shares because the market dictates it. If compets is a massive hit and people are selling their share of the 200k deeds for 5000 ped each, then fine - this values compets at $50m.

What MA have done is release an IPO valuing the compets shares at $2m, and then decided to change that IPO valuation to $2.4m.

This makes no sense - no more data is available, infact less, as when the deeds were released we knew there were 200k. Now we have no idea of how many deeds were sold, so we don't know how many are left available at $12 each, and therefore we can't even value the overall deeds.

It's so shady it's unreal.

What MA have done is release an IPO valuing the compets shares at $2m, and then decided to change that IPO valuation to $2.4m.

This makes no sense - no more data is available, infact less, as when the deeds were released we knew there were 200k. Now we have no idea of how many deeds were sold, so we don't know how many are left available at $12 each, and therefore we can't even value the overall deeds.

It's so shady it's unreal.

A lot of non-listed companies do the same thing, taking in money from investors that values the company and shares higher for each time they do it. And nothing have changed, the max is 200K deeds, so the basic math have not changed, each deed is 1/200 000 of the revenue sharing. Now we have seen how the game will look like and we have gotten some development updates. At the start you did not have that, so yes, we have more data.

Much of the communication for compet is via the Buzz feeds

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

They said "The prices for Compet Deeds will be raised from $10 to $12 per deed. This adjustment will be reflected in the packages sold on the web as of today: https://competgame.com/shop/ Financing has been a great success so the deeds will only be available until The Closed Beta goes live on May 17. After that, they will be traded over the Entropia Universe ingame auction."

Does that mean deeds are only available via the web-shop until the May 17,
and then MA will list any unsold deeds via the in game global auction

Or does it mean they will only be listed in the in-game auction from other players, and MA have no more to sell (or will not be selling anymore).

Who knows; MA always wrap up news with ambiguous wording; I never know if it's sloppy or if they're just masters at twists and turns and like to keep people guessing.

Maybe any unsold deeds are allocated to MA employees as a bonus...who knows.

Rick

It clearly says deeds will be available until closed beta and then remaining on auction. I don't know how you can misunderstand that and you surely didn't need to throw in a phantom jab at mindark by suggesting they are giving deeds as bonuses to mindark.. which is quite an unintelligent leap of thought since nothing reasonable could have led you to believe that.

Because where I live children are not allowed to use credit cards

Why do you think they are aiming at children?

They are marketing it on the APP store. So the more people that download it, the higher ratings it will get. Have you ever heard of MA advertising......its shite and none existance. All they will do will make it available on the app store. That's it.

I doubt they are 'aiming' at anyone in particular. Just any bugger that will have it.

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: they will probably do some useless banner ads, that only people that already play it will see lol

The advertising is up to us.

The funding is up to us.

We are MA's golden ticket. Meanwhile they'll give us one major (lousy) content update every year to create the illusion that they are still passionate about EU :dunce:

The advertising is up to us.

The funding is up to us.

We are MA's golden ticket. Meanwhile they'll give us one major (lousy) content update every year to create the illusion that they are still passionate about EU :dunce:

I don't know why people are surprised they are quiet on the EU front while ComPets is in development.

During the 2014 calendar year, they averaged thirty (30) employees. This includes Jan Timkrans, Klaus Moreau, David Simmonds, Magnus Eriksson, Gunilla Krogh, & Bernt Wahlin who are all in executive positions. That means they had the equivalent of 24 employees to do the sound, graphics, design, coding, implementation, bug fixing, bug testing, and all the other jobs required. You could probably take off 1 person for a receptionist, 1 person for office administration, 1 person for credit control / finance, 1 person for general management which leaves just 20.

It's amazing they can even run the game with so few people (you wonder why support is slow...).

I don't know why people are surprised they are quiet on the EU front while ComPets is in development.

During the 2014 calendar year, they averaged thirty (30) employees. This includes Jan Timkrans, Klaus Moreau, David Simmonds, Magnus Eriksson, Gunilla Krogh, & Bernt Wahlin who are all in executive positions. That means they had the equivalent of 24 employees to do the sound, graphics, design, coding, implementation, bug fixing, bug testing, and all the other jobs required. You could probably take off 1 person for a receptionist, 1 person for office administration, 1 person for credit control / finance, 1 person for general management which leaves just 20.

It's amazing they can even run the game with so few people (you wonder why support is slow...).

I'm hoping you're right by my cynical side keeps telling me EU development will not suddenly pick up, even post-ComPets.

It's also not my fault MA makes promises they can't keep.

Does this new project mean that MindArk’s development priorities have shifted away from Entropia Universe?

MindArk’s vision for Entropia Universe has always been about making the universe deeper and broader, with a variety of experiences and features available for participants of all interests. MindArk wishes to expand the RCE universe to improve the user experience while also creating more opportunities for participants to invest and earn profits. Introducing ComPet as a standalone game and connecting parts of it with Entropia Universe accomplishes both of those goals.

That being said, rest assured that MindArk will continue to develop the core Entropia Universe platform and content as it has done for over 10 years. Development of Entropia Universe will not be negatively affected in any way by the ComPet project.

After ComPets there will be another project... EU will turn into a cash cow full of sedated gamblers and crowdfunding investors.

It clearly says deeds will be available until closed beta and then remaining on auction. I don't know how you can misunderstand that and you surely didn't need to throw in a phantom jab at mindark by suggesting they are giving deeds as bonuses to mindark.. which is quite an unintelligent leap of thought since nothing reasonable could have led you to believe that.

What isn't clear is how they would be on auction, so it's not as clear as you seem to think. Does that mean that the only way to get the deeds is to buy them from other players and MA won't release the remaining deeds, or will MA put all the deeds up on auction themselves? It isn't clear which is really meant. One option means only deeds bought before compet release will exist in-game, while the other means that all originally intended deeds will be in-game eventually.

If they throw all the remaining up on auction, it could lead to some quick money for MA instead of waiting for the deeds to sell out normally. That option doesn't seem to obvious to me unless MA is trying to "buy back" the amount of PED in game, but they risk getting less per deed than they might want.

If they mean that unsold deeds are no longer going to be available at all, that would probably mean MA will just take the remaining piece of the pie that was originally set aside for the unsold deeds.

Both are in the realm of possibility, but I'm eying MA just not releasing the deeds at all from my reading of things.

Well, they could still put deeds in as special loot/prizes as they did with some CLDs I believe.
That way they could round off whatever the sales figures are and then hopefully announce the final tally.

Then it will be off to the next rinse and repeat financing action, while other stuff remains unfinished...
...or space and land plots get their updates, along with harvesting maybe?

don't forget teleporter deeds are next! :eyecrazy:

at some point the deed scheme will finally fail though if they don't put more effort in developing entropia further. you can't just raise more and more money if you don't provide something in return

don't forget teleporter deeds are next! :eyecrazy:

at some point the deed scheme will finally fail though if they don't put more effort in developing entropia further. you can't just raise more and more money if you don't provide something in return

I predict teleporter deeds will be the massive fail....

Hehe in between so many deeds who know witch one.
Its idea.
its principle.
Its just first step.
What's next to decrease cost to play?
Revival terminal fee.
Storage fee.
Anyone need ammo and probes so Trade Terminal fee.
But wait - how about EU client fee so any attempt to login will result in fee.
Yes log in fee with programed CTD's and incorporated fun factor like "Your avatar is already in game. Thank you for fee and retry again after 15 minutes"
Far from massive fail, its ground breaking investment with superior ROI lol.
A lot of new investment's (jobs) lol.

Last edited:

only if a lot of people stop playing, and I can't see that happen over such a minor thing... unless of course they fuck it up by e.g. making tping unreasonably expensive. the fee really musn't be more than 1 pec. 10 is wayyyyy too much.

if the tp fee thing is tolerated by the players, investing in tp deeds can't be a bad idea since unlike the stuff covered by the previous deeds, everybody uses teleporters.

next up: space deeds... eh? :rolleyes:

(btw crazy that my signature is only displayed on the posts AFTER I set it up. never seen any forum do it like that)

Back