Lost a book title

nutrageti

Stalker
47 nutrageti hitman
I think it was about 2 years ago, was on a week long trip and found and finished a whole series. A few days ago I remembered about it and decided to reread it. Only problem? What was it's name? Who was the author? Name of the main character?
I know the world was made up of island continents and I remember reading the author having been inspired by Japan's history somewhat.
One of the main characters was a swordsman trained with some monks. There was magic. There were farms in the countryside run by nobles, farms who get burned down. And I think there were some demons involved too.
Another one of the main characters I believe was female, somewhat chosen one, possessed some sort of talisman that protected against the demons. She was in her teens.
Names I believe sounded somewhat japanese.
There is also a part about a different continent where jungles and darkness resides and the city colony there doesn't fare well if memory serves...
I know this is awfully unhelpful but maybe someone who's read these books reads this and realises my useless details add up to a book or at least an author.
I also remember the same author having a different series inspired by the Scotts i think.

It's a well known author i think but not sure...

Sounds similar to the stuff I read but I don't recognize it.

Do you remember how many books were in the series or a characters name?

edit: first guess would be Earthsea but it's really tenuous at best.

Last edited:
Sounds similar to the stuff I read but I don't recognize it.

Do you remember how many books were in the series or a characters name?

edit: first guess would be Earthsea but it's really tenuous at best.

Maybe 4 books?

chosen one sounds like the Shanarra series.

The Hobbit? Lord of the Rings? The Belgariad? You've described pretty much EVERY series with medieval-style swords & sorcery & adventure. :laugh:

Don't know about the Japanese-sounding character names, though...

Kresley Cole - "Immortals After Dark" book series? Just a guess.
Did it include vampires, valkyries and other mythical creatures?
Books that contain magic and swords are usually a genre itself "s&s" or "swords & sorcery".

Dont know if this is of any help, but if not maybe just read a new series of books? :)

Cheers

Soko

It might be worth searching google images for the keywords and seeing if you can find the cover.

Back