Damn it, my gold won't resync, this sucks ass

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
I have sent a support case, but god knows how long it will take MA to sort it out

:eyecrazy:

Rgds

Ace

Just give me 400 peds tomorrow and i'll return 360 ped of metal residue and explosive ammo, you won't have missed a thing :)

Just give me 400 peds tomorrow and i'll return 360 ped of metal residue and explosive ammo, you won't have missed a thing :)

Lol, that is pretty accurate! :)

Rgds

Ace

This definitely made me laugh, very true indeed :D.

I hope you get the GC sorted, yet us know the outcome. Good luck!

As you have raised a support case and face the inevitable long wait....

Why does anyone ever need to resync their gold card? I've not had to in the past 8 years.

Why does anyone ever need to resync their gold card? I've not had to in the past 8 years.

Me neither and i hope not. I am still waiting an answer from my last support 10 months ago.

If you want quick re-access to the game just tell them to deactivate the security

My Gold card is dodgy and the connections in side the reader are all a bit shite. Doesnt always work, error 72 alot. Eventually i get a number out of it....

This time no number at all and i had to press down on it, to get it to read. Too many went by, so got out of sync.

Now on the "please put in two codes screen at login," i put in two codes, press login, but the screen just refreshes for another two codes.

Yes i know i need a new gold card reader lol...:laugh:

Nothing from support yet :(

Rgds

Ace

My Gold card is dodgy and the connections in side the reader are all a bit shite. Doesnt always work, error 72 alot. Eventually i get a number out of it....

This time no number at all and i had to press down on it, to get it to read. Too many went by, so got out of sync.

Now on the "please put in two codes screen at login," i put in two codes, press login, but the screen just refreshes for another two codes.

Rgds

Ace

I appreciate this won't help your current situation but I have found that cleaning both card and inner connections with white spirit helps, and new batteries ofc ;) GL with re sync

I appreciate this won't help your current situation but I have found that cleaning both card and inner connections with white spirit helps, and new batteries ofc ;) GL with re sync

Thank you :)

Yep cleaned both about a year ago, probably needs another. And on my third set of batteries.

I think the major problem is the reader and card go everywhere with me. And spends most of its time in a pocket in a napsack with other crap. So gets covered in dust and crap all the time. I have even lost one corner of the card that broke off some time ago.

I just checked and its still before 7am MA time, so probably another two hours at least until support rock in. Happy friday plans, they will probably need another hour on top!

Fingers crossed they help today, others a whole weekend without my PE fix might send me over the edge lol.

Rgds

Ace

If it is 7am for Support case people and in the uk it is 8am...where are they based? Which country?

Or does their website have the wrong times for support cases?

Rgds

Ace

Here is:

no hope at all.....

from the order a gold card reader part of the website:

"If you need a new gold card please contact support."

On 2015-11-05 12:06:42 you wrote:
Hello, my reader looks like its on its last leg, and I need to order a new card/reader if possible. .....(snipped)

No response yet.

I was thinking that Humanity will have evolved into Eloi, and Morlocks before I get a response.

Ya that f'n sucks I had GC issue once but after doing the procedure sent by support it has been working flawlessly.

If it is 7am for Support case people and in the uk it is 8am...where are they based? Which country?

Or does their website have the wrong times for support cases?

Rgds

Ace

I think the support is based in Sweden. Yesterday was a Swedish holiday and alot of people takes today of as well. I guess they should have someone handling support cases but they might be very few working today (we only have about 10% of the staff at my office today for example)

Hope you get it fixed soon

/Andy

Come on MA, i don't think i could cope a whole weekend without PE!

Rgds

aCE

Come on MA, i don't think i could cope a whole weekend without PE!

Rgds

aCE

please post here if you hear anything, I am over 6 months of no response now.

Nothing yet, I am starting to feel the jitters :cool:
I updated the support ticket with stuff i have tried. I.E safe mode, reset etc....

Rgds

Ace

I presume you can get in game though? I cannot log in....

Rgds

Ace

Well, it feels like christmas has come early!

Hank from support asked me to send two codes to him. He waved his magic wand, did some jiggery pokery at his end, and I am back in game.

Good thing i am not addicted to PE, lol.

Thank you Hank!

(I did offer to kiss him, not entirely sure how that went down!)

Rgds

Ace

Thank you :)

Yep cleaned both about a year ago, probably needs another. And on my third set of batteries.

Rgds

Ace

Third set of batteries? OMG.. i use since 8 years the 1. batteries. :eyecrazy:

you need to login more often :D

on my 2. set :D (9-10years)

Do MA still replace GCs for free when they break (if they are over a certain age)?

My gold card reader hasnt worked properly for years, I have to reinsert the damn card 10's of time before i get a code. And that's after taking it apart and cleaning it. Probably why i have gone through so many batteries.

Just so much shite in it.....

I need a new one really.

Rgds

Ace

Rgds

Ace

Actually I had the Error 72 issue alot, I opened the GC ofc :) and there was a formation of 4-5 pins grouped and a single one, pulled up a bit the single one and it worked like a charm since.

Best of luck!

Actually I had the Error 72 issue alot, I opened the GC ofc :) and there was a formation of 4-5 pins grouped and a single one, pulled up a bit the single one and it worked like a charm since.

Best of luck!

Mmmmm, now that sounds like a good idea....wish me luck!

Rgds

Ace

Best of luck!

Well, that didn't take long....you are a genius...big THANK YOU!

Seems to work everytime....i hope i havent gone out of sync with testing it lol!!!!!!

+rep

Rgds

Ace

My good ol' Gold card & reader works flawlessly, it had a short period of time where it made an error. Somehow sorted itself... Otherwise its like 10 years old by now and batteries still fine...

Dont know about replacements, but i think its still due. besides, i bought this one from Trade terminal ingame. its not the free one for accoutns with 5000 ped or more

Well, that didn't take long....you are a genius...big THANK YOU!

Seems to work everytime....i hope i havent gone out of sync with testing it lol!!!!!!

+rep

Rgds

Ace

:))

Glad to be able to help, now go spend some :D

My gold card reader hasnt worked properly for years, I have to reinsert the damn card 10's of time before i get a code. And that's after taking it apart and cleaning it. Probably why i have gone through so many batteries.

Just so much shite in it.....

I need a new one really.

Rgds

Ace

Mine also hasn't worked properly for years either, because the card has friction grooves in it (that's why cards get replaced every few years - they have a finite physical life)

Anyway, my card is left permanently 95% inserted and just pushed that last 5% when needed and it should outlive me by using it that way. Also has the added bonus of stopping fluff / dust getting in.

If your GC is 8+ years old and getting flaky, try it - works for me. :)

Back