Not enough memory, while I have 4 gb

Toor

Hi!

The game always crash out to desktop saying I have not enough memory. I use Win 10 32bit, 4gb ram, dual core 3.4 ghz cpu, amd HD7480D gpu.

I do not use any other softwares while playing entropia except an antivirus. Please help.

Thank you!

Same problem here, I have a similar system and can only be online for a few minutes. Good thing that I dont play anymore just checking in from time to time

I've never run into this problem myself ever.
But I suggest you try lowering your graphic settings.
But ultimately you should strive to get a x64 based system...

Hi!

The game always crash out to desktop saying I have not enough memory. I use Win 10 32bit, 4gb ram, dual core 3.4 ghz cpu, amd HD7480D gpu.

I do not use any other softwares while playing entropia except an antivirus. Please help.

Thank you!

Time to buy a new and better one thats sounds like an 6-7y old machine.

4gb is a litle low and EU eating memory.

Hi!

Thank you!

Well this gpu doesnt have dedicated memory so adding more ram might help, 4gb is in the low end as it is and sharing makes it a stretch.

The 32bit OS is the limiting factor you could add 16Gb of ram but it still won't use it.

I'm still amazed MS released a 32bit version of Windows 8 let alone Windows 10. Judging from the specs I'd say you've used the free upgrade option from 7.

Upgrade your system, nothing else will probably help if you're using 32-bits in Windows. Install Ubunutu and run Entropia on it. That way you'll probably have enough.
meanwhile I have a 64-bits system with 16-gb RAM and still feel like I need more :yay:

I'm still amazed MS released a 32bit version of Windows 8 let alone Windows 10. Judging from the specs I'd say you've used the free upgrade option from 7.
I imagine the only reason for this is so that people can "free upgrade" from 32-bit Win 7/8. M$ would be losing out on a lot of spying and user metrics/data collection opportunities if they limited their "free upgrade" to only 64-bit Windows users.

I'm using 64 bit win 7 with 8 gb ram, I frequently get the out of memory warning when I am on for a long time, its annoying having to stop and restart everything.

It wasn't until I upgraded my graphics card that I had sufficient resources to run EU.. at least at a quality that I expect from a game.

meanwhile I have a 64-bits system with 16-gb RAM and still feel like I need more :yay:

If i develope games with unreal engine, my 16mb ram is not enough, always run out of memory.
But 16mb for only play eu should be much ok. Also 8 mb work well.

I'm using 64 bit win 7 with 8 gb ram, I frequently get the out of memory warning when I am on for a long time, its annoying having to stop and restart everything.

It calls memory leake. EU code seems to have this. Ok, ram is so cheap those days, just upgrade it to be 16.
16gb cost about $100 or less, depending what ram you want.

Yup, MA programming and memory leaks go hand-in-hand. It has been this way since the very start, but fortunately the problem is nowhere near as severe as it used to be, when CTD's and outright system lockups were quite common.

It wasn't until I upgraded my graphics card that I had sufficient resources to run EU.. at least at a quality that I expect from a game.

What did you get?

It calls memory leake. EU code seems to have this. Ok, ram is so cheap those days, just upgrade it to be 16.
16gb cost about $100 or less, depending what ram you want.

Thanks for the suggestion. I admit, my pc is getting long in the tooth, I need to rebuild it, might be a summer project :)

Yup, MA programming and memory leaks go hand-in-hand. It has been this way since the very start, but fortunately the problem is nowhere near as severe as it used to be, when CTD's and outright system lockups were quite common.

I have many memories of these things, although less frequent, CTDs unfortunately still exist.

I got this often on my work computer; simply closing the clientloader after getting into game has resolved alot of the issues. Just the clientloader sitting there idle eats up ram.

Reactions: Mac
Back