What's your Internet Connection Plan?

UK
BT fibre 40mb unlimited
Inc line rental £27

Dial up 56k the pc ring evry time i connect :laugh:

6 MB DSL

Last edited:
Sweden, in theory 30Mbps ADSL, but in practical it's around 12-13 Mbps max download speed. The cost is 369SEK/month (around 45USD).

I switch apartment a couple of month ago and actually have the possibility to switch to a faster and cheaper 100 Mbps fiber connection, but I have not done that yet because I also use my ADSL for digital-tv and can't have the same digital-supplier on the fiber. Still not sure how I will do in the future, accept that I must change the tv supplier and get the better connection, or accept the slower connection. To be honest, I don't feel I need any faster download connection right now, but the better and faster upload with fiber compared to ADSL would be nice.

100mbs up/down
norway
canal digital
Free, included in rent =)
but i think it is around 200 Nkr = 20-30$

Norway
150Mb up and down
Approx 80$ if I didnt have any discounts (work covers 50, rent covers 15)
Provider altibox bkk

Last edited:
country Czech republic

home
type cabel "PODA" 35 down / 27 up
cost 20 usd+-

at work+away
type USB stick 3g "O2" 5down/ 3 up
cost 40 usd
6years ago when i buy it , it was NO FUP , since last summer FUP 20 giga/month

US
fiber optic
75mb up and 75mb down package (actual is 95/80)
$40 per month

I'm moving to Lithuania! :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Hahaha...hold your horses.

Everything's assuming that I've interpreted the info you guys gave correctly.

:laugh:

PS: For those whom have stated their cost in "$", I can only assume that its in USD? (Cause where I'm from, the "$" just means money and doesn't tell me what is the currency.)

Last edited:
Country - Switzerland
Connection Type - Cable
Connection Speed - 350 mbit
Cost - 99$ /month* (including phone and tv with some hundred stations, HD etc. )

France
1 000 Mb/s (400 upload + 1Gb download)
Fibre plan
26.99 € / month

It includes unlimited phone over +100 countries + TV

Our governments always says we have the most attractive internet costs, let's see if it is true or not.

Very interesting post, +1 for OP

FYI : i have 8 ms ping to EU serveur (i checked few weeks ago, only once, may be it changed)

Last edited:
France
1 000 Mb/s (400 upload + 1Gb download)
Fibre plan
26.99 € / month

It includes unlimited phone over +100 countries + TV

Our governments always says we have the most attractive internet costs, let's see if it is true or not.

Very interesting post, +1 for OP

FYI : i have 8 ms ping to EU serveur (i checked few weeks ago, only once, may be it changed)

Usually, its pretty subjective cause not everyone (ideally) uses the same package and add-ons. But generally speaking, higher speed packages offer more value but at the same time bumps up the price you have to pay per month (without factoring in the add-ons' costs and just lump them together as a whole).

Nonetheless though, it does seem that the package your using is pretty "attractive" compared to mine. :laugh:

(Even the highest speed package offered in my country costs about MYR 359+ per month for a speed of 100 Mbps...most probably disregarding the GST tax and whatnots.)

Considering that an average Malaysian worker most probably could get about maybe MYR 2000 per month of salary (maybe more but most likely lesser)...

Spending 18% of their salary for an internet package is foolhardy...if you get what I mean.

(Getting the 100 Mbps package is a "luxury" while using the slower speed packages meant being "fleeced" at different "rates".)

Last edited:
Usa east coast
100 mbs
100 usd a month.

This also includes cable tv, basic cable

Finland

Light cable

200mb/s download /100mb/s up (is it mb? ;) )

40€ with TV box and channels

Last edited:
Sweden
30down / 3up
42$ per month.

Just moved from a larger city to a small town . that caused an increased cost and significantly lower speeds. Getting fiber sometime this year though!

Connection: cable
Speed: 210 Mbps
Price: 20 USD

:):yay:

Connection: Fiber
Speed: 100mbit up / 250mbit down no limit
Cost: 41 USD / month

Can upgrade to 1000/1000 for 110 USD / month

Germany atm 6 Mbit/s DSL @ 29,95 Euro together with a telefonflat that I dont use

after September when contract ends I will have 20 Mbit/s cable @24, 99/month

not willing to pay more, else I would choose 60 Mbit/s cable @34, 99/month

Cheapest you'll get it is £26/month as u need to pay phone line rental too, so it's only a six quid cheaper (although faster). It's with virginmedia.com

I'm with Virgin Media as well. They'll be upgrading my connection to 150 Mbs soon.

ISP : M1
Connection : 100mbps fibre (full duplex, no limits, no throttling)
Cost : SGD 29 (about 20 USD I think)

Was on a 200 mbps fibre plan from same ISP at a cost of 39 SGD a month, till around March. I downgraded since I only used full 200 mbps maybe for a few minutes per month (when downloading multiple torrents).

At least on 100 mbps, am hitting my max speed weekly at least, usually. lol.

I may upgrade again if I think I will need over 100 mbps more often in the future. We got up to 1gbps connection at a cost of about 59 SGD per month available, I think.

Switzerland:
Down 250,000 Mbits/s, Up 25,000 Mbits/s Inclouding HD TV, and free cable phone around Switzerland. chf 77 = about $ 84 So not sure what the internet only cost. maybe about $60

Used to be this for £35 pcm - In Scotland.
1239616_377549255681523_509566848_n.jpg

Now.. it's.. quite a bit less :laugh: the joys of living in the countryside! Here we have good internet in towns and cities, but not so much where it is rural. That's the compromise for rolling green hills, 5 mins to the beach and peace! :laugh:

15-17 mbps down
1.5-1.7 mbps up
naked cable (internet only, no tv plan. No need for tv package when you have netflix and a roku)
50 usd a month
USA

It's a set price, not a starter discount one.

Last edited:
Country - Australia
Connection Type - Fiber
Connection Speed - 100 Mbps down 40Mbs up, Unlimited data
Cost - $99 Australian month ($74 US at this time)

oh and includes all phone calls in Australia and 100 minutes to the rest of the world.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5309260304

Last edited:
Switzerland:
Down 250,000 Mbits/s, Up 25,000 Mbits/s Inclouding HD TV, and free cable phone around Switzerland. chf 77 = about $ 84 So not sure what the internet only cost. maybe about $60

250 Gigabits per second download rate? You sure? :eyecrazy:
(That's like being capable of downloading 31 Gigabytes of data in a second! Hahaha...)

15-17 mbps down
1.5-1.7 mbps up
naked cable (internet only, no tv plan. No need for tv package when you have netflix and a roku)
50 usd a month
USA

It's a set price, not a starter discount one.

Is the 17 mbps, megabytes per second or megabits per second? I can't tell.
Usually, numbers stated by ISPs on their plans (when selling to you) are in Megabits per second or Gigabits per second (typically in "rounded" numbers, 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s, 100, 200, etc) while those speeds that you achieved during downloading and uploading are in Megabytes per second.

Country - Australia
Connection Type - Fiber
Connection Speed - 100 Mbps up 40Mbs Down, Unlimited data
Cost - $99 Australian month ($74 US at this time)

oh and includes all phone calls in Australia and 100 minutes to the rest of the world.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5309260304

Please check whether you've not mistakenly switched the two (highlighted in red). Cause from your speed test, I would assume that its 100 Mbps down / 40 Mbps up. ;)

Last edited:
I'm in Australia.

With Telstra, Copper Cable.

My speeds are ~100 Mbps DOWN, ~2 Mbps UP

This costs me around $100 AUD a month, however this also includes a home phone with free national calls, and free to Telstra mobiles.

Please check whether you've not mistakenly switched the two (highlighted in red). Cause from your speed test, I would assume that its 100 Mbps down / 40 Mbps up. ;)

heheh shit i didn't even notice that, my bad :)

Back