A short poll about EU and RL$

EU and RL$

• b) I am an active investor (invested money in a business and working towards making it succeed).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoA

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Daughter of Anarchy
Here's a short poll about EU and RL$.

If you want to also comment (explain better) on top of voting, feel free to do so, but PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT/CRITICIZE other people's options (if you want to do that, please open a new thread, don't derail this one).

As far as it concerns me at least, I won't judge or criticize and I don't consider there are any correct or wrong answers... just trying to see how majority of players see and treat the game.

Last edited:
I am a passive investor and will be for the foreseeable future.

In the past when I had more time I was a non-depositor and sweated a lot (when I started sweat was about 0.7/0.8, I stopped sweating when it hit about 0.5 pec a bottle). Then I had less time and deposited around £200 over a year and half before VU 10.

After VU 10 I played for free again. I took a risk and sold most of my gear to do this but eventually I hit something a little nice :). Long story short I didn't withdraw but bought deeds. 4 Years later I broke even with MA.

Now I just reinvest my passive income into more deeds, if I want to "play" for a couple of hours I just sell an AUD or two and see how it goes :laugh:.

Last edited:
e.

Started out as usual, began playing and a week later began depositing but after a couple of years saw how things were going i.e. shorter gaps between deposits and decided to stop depositing altogether to go low end. After all the changes since then I think it was the correct decision as I know I would have spent a shit load of cash but honestly I doubt I'd have any more fulfillment from it. I miss the old days of PE the current EU is a shadow of it's former self.

I look at it now and consider any cash I deposited as gone. If MA went under I wouldn't receive any cash back as it's well over the 6 month limit.

Pure fun. Every time I forget why exactly I'm here and attempt to play "investor", I pay dearly for that :)

I started in 2004 as a non depositing sweater. I did that for a year or so, then I started depositing. I used to buy weapons from auction, use the tt, when they had to be repaired, I would toss them in inventory and buy a new gun. This way I was "saving" up. When I saw something nice I wanted I used to sell a bunch of these weapons.
Around 2009 I think I bought a booth and later a shop at omegaton west habitat. When Mindark introduced the CLDs I sold everything I owned ingame and bought 22 CLDs for 1000 peds each. 2 Months later I deposited my largest deposit to date to get 78 extra to bring it to a total of 100 CLDs. I played with the income, cycling it once, then putting it in inventory. When I had 1000 dollar income I withdrew it. Later on I started to invest any profits I had into AUDs and kept on building on my income. Last December I noticed the AUDs payouts getting stronger and stronger. Then Merry Mayhem was announced. I felt this MM would have an impact on the CLDs so I sold them all between 1890 and 1950 ped. By this time the initial investment was payed back so it was all game money.
I bought AUDs for 55 ped in the beginning of January. Later on AUDs got sold out and price rose. I bought a landarea with AUDs at a price of 65 ped per AUD. I still have a reasonable amount of AUD and a real landarea. I am happy.. Oww and I also play the game.

Last edited:
I regularly deposited, didn't expect profit but for me was about survival within the RCE and balancing the books through mark up. Until last migration was doing ok, was ahead maybe 3k ped + skills (not a kings ransom), and did so by auctioning smart to ride out low phases until hit a multiplier that would even up returns.

Then came changes that i cannot play the same way now, deposited $50 on friday and lost that in 3.5 runs, no mark up in loot to speak of, and just another bad run that has been going on a while now. I don't gamble on dasp, expl IV or whatever, and just want a functioning economy and returns that make me feel like i at least have a glimmer of hope of breaking even.

Anyway hit first withdraw button today, bang per buck in EU lately is getting to be laughable.

So now will just play and skill cheap stuff, chat, hunt snable or whatever until a rebalance comes.

I am not normally someone who bitches openly on forum about loot, but something has changed. Not only for myself but for others i know ingame also, could ofc be coincidence that people i spoken to in bad downphase to.

Anyway the poll, not really an option there for someone who plays for fun and to try survive in rce through mark up. At one time that was the way to play EU, be smarter and aim for mark up, returns alone were not enough but mark up made you break even or a little gain.

I am an active investor (deposited money and consider the task of turning it into a profit to be my personal responsibility). I also play for the fun of playing, often. The closest option in this poll, however, is A + E ... and that's a poor fit at best.

Having seen your two recent polls, I am convinced that you don't understand this game's playerbase at all.

Back