We Need Space Suits ** space idea**

Ireland (or in game usually on calypso or foma )
Society
Mental Institution
The mental Bull
We need wearable space suits. Perhaps they automatically appear on ur character in space. To move them you need to put oil in. Movement speed would be very low. The idea is people could exit their vehicle and space walk. Perhaps this would open up space to smaller mobs to hunt and asteroid mining? perhaps more missions and increased space activity would result.
Features regarding my idea:
**when in space you automatically have your space suit on by default
**This could also allow people to safely exit a starfinder (privateer class ship) in the depths of space without leaving guestlist.
**You could then spawn or recall your quad or sleipnir while you space walk
**You cannot press T while in ur space suit so the log off and on while space traveling cheat warp would be gone
**Like a vehicle if u run out of oil in ur space suit you cannot move and need a rescue.
**when u relog in space your back where u logged off in your suit.
**you can use weapons in space
**this point is a feature id like to see added anyways. When ur ship blows up you should die with your ship. I mean the pirates shooting at your floating body after they blow up your ship is just stupid.
**without going into the community politics of piracy in entropia .. space suits would certainly add a new aspect to space pvp.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If enough people filled out a support ticket with a suggestion for space suits perhaps mind ark would work towards it. If u agree copy and paste above part and send In gameplay suggestions :)
I really do think if space was improved, activity in space would not only increase but become an extremely fun aspect of the game

Lemme know what you think
The Mental Bull

Last edited:
First off let me say that I am all for enthusiasm regarding the development of space. I think you have came up with some interesting solutions to some of the issues currently surrounding space.

Now, on a entirely selfish note... some of my favourite things in EU are space.. and fashion :laugh: As long as the damn thing could be unequipped whilst in a space ship then fine ;)

Before new mobs could be added to space, the current lot would need an overhaul. We absolutely do not need lower health mobs up there. There are plenty of them! Higher maturities are missing.

Apart from space mining, I cant really see of what benefit it would be. There would be no need to exit, unless you wanted shot.

As for there being no bodies floating in space, that you all go down with the ship, I can see both sides of the argument :)

Last edited:

Gets my vote! :thumbup:

First off let me say that I am all for enthusiasm regarding the development of space. I think you have came up with some interesting solutions to some of the issues currently surrounding space.

Now, on a entirely selfish note... some of my favourite things in EU are space.. and fashion :laugh: As long as the damn thing could be unequipped whilst in a space ship then fine ;)

Before new mobs could be added to space, the current lot would need an overhaul. We absolutely do not need lower health mobs up there. There are plenty of them! Higher maturities are missing.

Apart from space mining, I cant really see of what benefit it would be. There would be no need to exit, unless you wanted shot.

As for there being no bodies floating in space, that you all go down with the ship, I can see both sides of the argument :)

Interesting response .... well As regards everyone goes down with the ship ..in real life if Your in an exploding vehicle generally speaking you explode lol ... Im thinking of it becoming similar to grand theft auto in that respect.. also would stop people logging out on motherships if the loot of everyone on board was at risk when the ship went down. Would make it more about having an upgraded armored ship, so ship owners who invested in structural integrity would get their moneys worth.

As for the space suits being default for space Its mainly to solve the log out problem where people log off and on to exit their vehicle and spawn at the space station which is basically an exploit. The idea is they would be exactly where they left off.

In terms of customisation or how your player looks my thinking was that it doesnt affect your clothes or armor .. but its visable that your avatar is in a space suit while ur outside ur vehicle in space (maybe customisable suits could become available or crafted).
Im mainly thinking of it when u exit your vehicle in space ... not how your player looks in the vehicle or space station.

As for mobs I mainly thinking in isolated regions of space areas where low level hunters could kill smaller space mobs while not in vehicles ... as it is now you can only hunt while in a vehicle in space. Maybe with loot only found in space similar to how pyrite is mainly found in pvp.

Them are just my personal thoughts :)

We need wearable space suits. Perhaps they automatically appear on ur character in space. To move them you need to put oil in. Movement speed would be very low. The idea is people could exit their vehicle and space walk. Perhaps this would open up space to smaller mobs to hunt and asteroid mining? perhaps more missions and increased space activity would result.
Features regarding my idea:
**when in space you automatically have your space suit on by default
**This could also allow people to safely exit a starfinder (privateer class ship) in the depths of space without leaving guestlist.
**You could then spawn or recall your quad or sleipnir while you space walk
**You cannot press T while in ur space suit so the log off and on while space traveling cheat warp would be gone
**Like a vehicle if u run out of oil in ur space suit you cannot move and need a rescue.
**when u relog in space your back where u logged off in your suit.
**you can use weapons in space
**this point is a feature id like to see added anyways. When ur ship blows up you should die with your ship. I mean the pirates shooting at your floating body after they blow up your ship is just stupid.
**without going into the community politics of piracy in entropia .. space suits would certainly add a new aspect to space pvp.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If enough people filled out a support ticket with a suggestion for space suits perhaps mind ark would work towards it. If u agree copy and paste above part and send In gameplay suggestions :)
I really do think if space was improved, activity in space would not only increase but become an extremely fun aspect of the game

Lemme know what you think
The Mental Bull

MA is still working on this. Space is to have, at some point, mining and for that we would need space suites. Many are still waiting for this. Hell ND could even remind MA about this fun and cool idea :)

I guess there could be some cool missions involving explorations of caves in asteroids or taking surface samples of things etc... Maybe external repairs of ships. I can imagine members of crew having to venture outside of the craft to do repairs during a pirate attack and getting picked off one by one or the repaired ship warping off before they have time to get back in :laugh:.

I like the idea of space hunting although the suit would have to be burning fuel the whole time. It could open up the possibility of crafting different space suits with different armour protection etc.

Mind ark replied to my suggestion within 5 minutes of the support case :)
In my own words they basically told me space improvement was imminent and thanked me for my suggestions. They welcome all feedback and ideas regarding space.

Just remember how long they said that about taming.

I like the space suit idea but what happens if you're on a mothership with no other transport and loose connection? If speed is low in a suit then there's no hope of getting to a space station do you end up stuck in space with no hope of rescue other than support moving you which they could refuse as it's all part of the game now, wait for a friend who has a ship to rescue you, wait for a pirate to look all through space on the limited chance of a single player to kill or are you back on the MS?

Last edited:
I am all up for a space update. Its very disappointing area of the game and some invested a lot of money and time into it. I just don't understand the need for space mining. As planets have specific resources and then you have fitma,moria, hell and au. What would make mining in space any better?

I like the space suit idea , but craftable (more fashion:p)
and not the auto equip .
Imagine your ship is shot down and you stay floating in space during hours without any hope to reach a station quickly, and low hope of a rescue (certainly more chance to get kill by a pirate after distress call on public channel).

PS i like new idea but all must think to not add more/not too much cost for low depot players, before send it to MA.

Just remember how long they said that about taming.

I like the space suit idea but what happens if you're on a mothership with no other transport and loose connection? If speed is low in a suit then there's no hope of getting to a space station do you end up stuck in space with no hope of rescue other than support moving you which they could refuse as it's all part of the game now, wait for a friend who has a ship to rescue you, wait for a pirate to look all through space on the limited chance of a single player to kill or are you back on the MS?

I wasnt suggesting that if u lose connection u exist a mothership .... i was suggesting that people who log off on board shouldnt be safe if the ship is shot down ie if the ship goes down all the loot on board is looted ... logging off while on a mothership is a method of loot protection which is essentially another in game exploit. It means that someone who spent 1000s of dollars upgrading their ships structural integrity has no transportation advantage over someone who spend 0 because the passengers just gotta log off and back on when the ship is safe.

I wasnt suggesting that if u lose connection u exist a mothership .... i was suggesting that people who log off on board shouldnt be safe if the ship is shot down ie if the ship goes down all the loot on board is looted ...

and what if i'm skilling on ship and i log off for sleeping? or if i logout on ship and i can't come back within a week?

Mind ark replied to my suggestion within 5 minutes of the support case :)
In my own words they basically told me space improvement was imminent and thanked me for my suggestions. They welcome all feedback and ideas regarding space.

Imminent? Thats been the case since space was introduced. I'll be delighted if a June VU includes a big space update, but I'm not optimistic.

I'd go with "suit required for EVA". This could give a little more realism to the repair process while in space.

"I need 5 volunteers to go out on the hull to repair the aft bulkhead / ventral fire control couplings / whatever else, and I need them NOW!"

If it were my choice, I'd say that any armor with a helmet instead of a mask was spaceworthy.

That's my 2 pecs, anyway. :)

Buying mag boots at the boxes!

I have more and many many more ideas than a "space suit"...:)

If MA need help for space contents /ideas is easy...start a contest and collect the best of them...:wise:

My space concept "Starbase Economy" is already designed/drawing and work for and save my copyrights...;)

Faceof is Dynamic...:yay:
Faceof...:cool:

and what if i'm skilling on ship and i log off for sleeping? or if i logout on ship and i can't come back within a week?

I was suggesting if you log off on a mothership your still there when u log back on.... but if the ship gets destroyed while your offline your loot is at risk

Doing a spacewalk would be nice...

but the logout and still risk loosing loot creates another problem with spaceshipowners that might shoot them self down as soon ship is empty while your logged out and blame it on pirates.. Its needed to get some kind of msg who took and what was taken from you, we should have that now allready.

Back