Orthos Oil Rig Question for Developers

The noob rig was an eerie place as it was, one noob i took there said it looked like a POW camp lol. I didn't mind noobs waiting hours for a few ped, but i don't think it was the intended purpose.

Ashi rig also is kinda boring tbh, usually just a couple of guys guarding the rig and hogging the oil. No pvp often as mob trains do the job much better brought in with vehicles or whatever.

As far as i'm concerned shut em all down or put the rig in centre of LOOTABLE pvp, at least would mean pk-ers after ped would go lootable pvp and red zone would be more active. I know some go on as if Ashi rig is "the place" to be, but usually is just boring tbh.

Placing rig in centre of lootable would giive added incentive to people guarding rig to shoot (toxic shot loot 5 ped), and ofc to keep the oil they collected. I know riggers won't like the idea, after all is just no/low risk free ped way it is atm.

I, who hates lootable PVP, would have to side with this as a great idea. The only free item here would be the free oil that MA is giving away. This of course would piss so many off which at the end would be well worth each and every debate created on the forums. Funny thing is MA could make money off this as well since so many would be coming to kill the non-depositors in hopes for that one little silent global in oil. We as well would have a true war on our hands with the many who would go out of their way to protect the borders.

Edit: Kim, you may not steal this idea and put it in Compets

Last edited:
Instead of players engaging in newbie oriented PvP, as was the design, players instead lined up in a 24 hour a day 7 day a week welfare queue.

Because the 'modern man' is domesticated to behave in that way. (Real-world politics is spicing things up a bit in Europe, lately.) The only thing here in game that shocks me is the extent they do it for so little. But they came back... The recent changes at Ashi could be titled 'Revenge of the Sheep'. Pk'ers didn't see that coming, eh? :laugh:

I don't fully understand what the original idea of the newbie rig was. Letting in everybody had the foreseeable result of someone mowing down the mango suits simply out of spite. The earnings from that cannot be very high. Creating or allowing unfair situations does not encourage ongoing engagement. It's why all but a small minority hate space so much. You got little to no chance in a fight if you don't make it your main profession. Hence you tend to avoid it, even more so after snarky responses from support. The only true pvp place is The Hub where accumulated (or bought) avatar skills don't count, only your real wits.

Yet in contradiction to this, separate pvp spaces where anything goes have their justification, of course. As long as it's voluntary to engage and you're not forced just to get somewhere on the other side. I like Norbert's suggestion, too. The original idea I assume was to drop breadcrumbs and watch who would break out of this domestication and get in bloody fights over it. Once down the slippery slope, people will invest more than they can possibly gain just to stay on top. Goal achieved. Other people like to spend their money in other ways. The angler has different lures to catch different types of fish.

no one cares about this comment!!

NO one CARES!

It's a damn oil rig. Go do something else with your time

why dont u have something constructive to say instead of just being a jerk... tho i really dont understand why shut down little rig... and leave big rig where we have idiots who leech off the system almost 24 hrs a day.... close that one and open little rig for the noobs ..... seems more fair.. i understand the noobie pvp but really... u think nobs are going to shoot more ammo then they get out of oil??? pretty dumb... only thing u doing by keeping oil rig going is letting system leech happen by ppl who have leeched the system sooo well they can no longer be killed.. i totally agree with the above statements.... take them all away dont let ANY leeching be done if u arent going to let the noobs get theirs!!!

Last edited:
... really dont understand why shut down little rig... and leave big rig where we have idiots who leech off the system almost 24 hrs a day.... close that one and open little rig for the noobs ..... seems more fair.. i understand the noobie pvp but really... u think nobs are going to shoot more ammo then they get out of oil??? pretty dumb... only thing u doing by keeping oil rig going is letting system leech happen by ppl who have leeched the system sooo well they can no longer be killed.. i totally agree with the above statements.... take them all away dont let ANY leeching be done if u arent going to let the noobs get theirs!!!
I couldn't agree more. Additionally, the troxies, traxies, and armax near Ashi rig and its revive achieve exactly two things, both of which amount to losses for MA:
(1) they effectively prevent new players' avatars from approaching the pump (allowing all the same tired old campers to spend less ammo), and
(2) they replace actual pvp with mob train wars (which means paying knobs in crude oil to get them to run mob trains around)

I couldn't agree more. Additionally, the troxies, traxies, and armax near Ashi rig and its revive achieve exactly two things, both of which amount to losses for MA:
(1) they effectively prevent new players' avatars from approaching the pump (allowing all the same tired old campers to spend less ammo), and
(2) they replace actual pvp with mob train wars (which means paying knobs in crude oil to get them to run mob trains around)

Sadly (imho), the current generation of oil riggers want to keep non-veterans out by changing the area to lootable-pvp type. The thought being that the possibility to get oil should only be for real pk:ers.

On the other hand, the problem with pvp, is that it's very hard for a lesser player to compete with those with top-level gear. After all, there is only a limited amount of high tiered Tango, Skildek 2k SGA and mod faps ingame; and it's hard for someone with a normal weapon doing say 100 dmg to do much on a player with 250 HP, unless they are *very* good with pvp. In the old Days, owning a fox ME could be enough to be invited to a pk society.

My opinion on this is that if the oil rig area is turned to a toxic zone, then a) the oil drops should only come from expends withing that zone, and b) a new oil rig should be created elsewhere. Easist would probably be to create a new oil rig in an already exisiting toxic zone such as pvp3 or pvp4 and let the current one be as it is.

One way to keep the riggers happy, with least possible inconvenience for others, would probably be to simply keep vehicles out from the entire oil rig area. For convenence for beginners, reduce the spawn of mobs within the area (or at least along the paths from the revival) so there actually is a chance to get from the outposts to the oil rig by foot without having to hunt. After all, the way mob spawns work nowdays, is if you start to shoot at a mob then Another mob will spawn, so it's not practically possible to hunt your way though a spawn to get from Point A to Point B.

Maybe a redesign of the oil rig area should be according to how the oil rig area was in VU9. No vehicles (but working TP-chips), occasional mobs in the area but not more mobs that you often could find a safe path through (well it was easier back then because the radar worked). Maybe for the purpose of navingating through a field of sparse mobs, that radar is enabled on an "outer circle" (but disabled Close to rig in an "inner circle" where there doesn't spawn any mobs except for that occasional shared loot atrox). In old oil rig area there wasn't only atrox everyhere, there were also other mobs; if I recall right the atrox were mostly SW of the rig. From the east, I Think even there practically were no mobs in the zone until you got very Close to rig. (Just east of zone there were goats and occasional drones).

Last edited:
Just make all of calypso a loot able pvp zone... and let every tp area drop free resources above ground

Just make all of calypso a loot able pvp zone... and let every tp area drop free resources above ground

and have the Combibos start pissing gold too.. that would be good..

Sadly (imho), the current generation of oil riggers want to keep non-veterans out by changing the area to lootable-pvp type. The thought being that the possibility to get oil should only be for real pk:ers.

On the other hand, the problem with pvp, is that it's very hard for a lesser player to compete with those with top-level gear. After all, there is only a limited amount of high tiered Tango, Skildek 2k SGA and mod faps ingame; and it's hard for someone with a normal weapon doing say 100 dmg to do much on a player with 250 HP, unless they are *very* good with pvp. In the old Days, owning a fox ME could be enough to be invited to a pk society.

My opinion on this is that if the oil rig area is turned to a toxic zone, then a) the oil drops should only come from expends withing that zone, and b) a new oil rig should be created elsewhere. Easist would probably be to create a new oil rig in an already exisiting toxic zone such as pvp3 or pvp4 and let the current one be as it is.

One way to keep the riggers happy, with least possible inconvenience for others, would probably be to simply keep vehicles out from the entire oil rig area. For convenence for beginners, reduce the spawn of mobs within the area (or at least along the paths from the revival) so there actually is a chance to get from the outposts to the oil rig by foot without having to hunt. After all, the way mob spawns work nowdays, is if you start to shoot at a mob then Another mob will spawn, so it's not practically possible to hunt your way though a spawn to get from Point A to Point B.

Maybe a redesign of the oil rig area should be according to how the oil rig area was in VU9. No vehicles (but working TP-chips), occasional mobs in the area but not more mobs that you often could find a safe path through (well it was easier back then because the radar worked). Maybe for the purpose of navingating through a field of sparse mobs, that radar is enabled on an "outer circle" (but disabled Close to rig in an "inner circle" where there doesn't spawn any mobs except for that occasional shared loot atrox). In old oil rig area there wasn't only atrox everyhere, there were also other mobs; if I recall right the atrox were mostly SW of the rig. From the east, I Think even there practically were no mobs in the zone until you got very Close to rig. (Just east of zone there were goats and occasional drones).
An excellent proposal. I support it.

Most of my time spent in the past was in the oil rig, the past is between 2003-2008. At that time you are correct, the highest hitting gear that the majority could archieve was ML's and Plasma's. That kinda evened out a lot of the field.

Today its all about high tiered (L) guns (only attainable if you got very high levels) and high tiered armor. Its a gear-PVP-party and not much else. Sure you can change the favour of the battle slightly by manually trying to zig zag etc. but in the end its the best gear and skills that will dominate.

I think the orthos oil rig paid out some pec's. but when someone went there to go on a kill streak, they got a lot of the peds back, sure it might give a slightly expense to Mindark, but it was a activity that now is removed from the list. and nothing replaced it.

Back