Orthos Oil Rig Question for Developers

Just out of curiosity, how much pec did the average player make? I have never been to either rig btw.

Each drop was around 50 pec. I'm not sure about the effective rate, but at one time I Heard a number it took 45 minutes waiting (in line) for each pick. Which, of course, could vary alot because when the pk:ers came along and wiped the line it would become scrambled. So maybe 0.5 pec of oil/minute.

Each drop was around 50 pec. I'm not sure about the effective rate, but at one time I Heard a number it took 45 minutes waiting (in line) for each pick. Which, of course, could vary alot because when the pk:ers came along and wiped the line it would become scrambled. So maybe 0.5 pec of oil/minute.

Yeah at the beer garden I think the Motorhead kegs drop 4 per minute, so about 4 pec a minute. Don't quote me though, not been there in ages. What used to annoy me is when some player used to moan about how the oil was higher at rig in Caly. Like it's free, but they still think it should be higher amount or when ND put the Motorhead God there.

by your argument golddude, oil rig must pay pretty well if lefty could finance a quad from it.

Yes, please sit there for hours apon hours of gathering 100 ped to obtain a new full TT quad...

What a waste. You can practically go work a minimum wage job for an hour to obtain a quad. Yet all you noobs want to sit their and waste your time standing in a line for oil. .5 ped of oil for a 45 min wait :laugh:

Found the person who's income is the oil rig... :laugh:

How are the snables going? Any 5 ped globals?

Brontes Cyclops Outcast 104 ped. Completed Brontes without armor, will have to buy some armor for Steropes. Currently farming nusuls for wool. Thanks for asking.

Just out of curiosity, how much pec did the average player make? I have never been to either rig btw.
Amount per hour varied over the years. At the time of closing, Orthos brought in about 1.20 ped per hour for each picker, and Ashi brought in about 1.50 ped per hour when divided among the same number of people. The reason Ashi is lucrative is, the mobs between the pump and Revive discourage returning when killed, thus effectively handing Ashi's oil to the most determined few. This dynamic does not encourage combat. Rather, those who succeed at Ashi are those who never shoot back and never stop returning. That is the same mentality which avoids hunting said mobs.

attack the argument - why bother if its more fun & easier to attack the man.
--------------------
"Now offering space taxi service (Quad Wing Interceptor, no lootables on board please, and I can't warp) - 8 ped standard rate to anywhere"
------------------

by your argument golddude, oil rig must pay pretty well if lefty could finance a quad from it.
The quad was gifted to me in gratitude for service. That said, it's a drop in the bucket when compared to the dollars I've deposited over the years.

Do you speak English?
Just wanna laugh at what you first said and continue on here... Keep this in mind. You contradict yourself below

Found the person who's income is the oil rig... :laugh:

How are the snables going? Any 5 ped globals?
Brontes Cyclops Outcast 104 ped. Completed Brontes without armor, will have to buy some armor for Steropes. Currently farming nusuls for wool. Thanks for asking.

The quad was gifted to me in gratitude for service. That said, it's a drop in the bucket when compared to the dollars I've deposited over the years.

Hahaha.... I can't even after you just said all this. Obviously you or anyone else does not live off the rig.

Thank you for proving my point

Just wanna laugh at what you first said and continue on here... Keep this in mind. You contradict yourself below

Hahaha.... I can't even after you just said all this. Obviously you or anyone else does not live off the rig.

I don't think you had a point. Your posts appear to be more about finding people to bother than about communicating anything.

Just now occurred to me that maybe you meant Opaloman lives off the rig? Thing is, I don't think I ever saw him at the orthos rig.

Just now occurred to me that maybe you meant Opaloman lives off the rig? Thing is, I don't think I ever saw him at the orthos rig.

he made a comment that you must be one of the people "living off of" the rig and you never denied that so he just rolled with it. I think now he's accusing you of having claimed to have never deposited and only survived off of orthos rig.

Not 100% sure but, just trying to keep up with the thread :drink:

I know many people who play this game on the income of the oil rig and never deposit. So yes with that this is why MA disabled it.

It was Oztwo who said people live of the rig and like goldedude I find this hard to believe. If it takes you 6 hours on average to make 9 ped. That will not last you very long. Say if you want to go mining ore, you buy 9ped of probes that you would take you minute to drop and if you luck you might get 2 small claims around 7 ped. You still got extract and refine, plus decay on finder. Then back to waste another 6 hours in line to earn a dollar, surely it be better to flip burger for couple hours a day and deposit?

It was Oztwo who said people live of the rig and like goldedude I find this hard to believe. If it takes you 6 hours on average to make 9 ped. That will not last you very long. Say if you want to go mining ore, you buy 9ped of probes that you would take you minute to drop and if you luck you might get 2 small claims around 7 ped. You still got extract and refine, plus decay on finder. Then back to waste another 6 hours in line to earn a dollar, surely it be better to flip burger for couple hours a day and deposit?

There are those toons that were at Orthos all the time.. 24/7.. collecting oil thru the busy and dead hours so their average pick time would be better than those who are only there for an hour or so.

They may never depo.. but doubt they ever get away from the rig often..

How did Opaloman ever roll off the tip of my tongue? It never did. I was referring to you but you failed to see that.

Anyway, shut the rigs down. Maybe these people will go do something with their time within EU.

he made a comment that you must be one of the people "living off of" the rig and you never denied that so he just rolled with it. I think now he's accusing you of having claimed to have never deposited and only survived off of orthos rig.

Not 100% sure but, just trying to keep up with the thread :drink:
You know, I think you're right. Funny what some people will say other people said.

There are those toons that were at Orthos all the time.. 24/7.. collecting oil thru the busy and dead hours so their average pick time would be better than those who are only there for an hour or so.

They may never depo.. but doubt they ever get away from the rig often..
I've been one of those people. It was necessary to supplement my rig oil by depositing.

For shame Lefty :( , wasting time at the noob rig when you could have been doing meaningful stuff like golddude does :rolleyes:

I think ashi rig will go same way as orthos rig.

Wait.

Are we justifying having a place where players queue up to get free stuff without participating in the community as a whole?

Just checking on that. Can somebody clear this up?

A fair question.
So, what constitutes participating in the community?

Are there any players who do nothing but hang around the rig, doing nothing else? It would be mind numbingly boring if that was the case.

And, if there are people who actually do that - what is the problem with it? I am not aware of any problem (though I could be wrong of course).

It is wrong to expect & demand other players to play the game you like to play.

I'm not into the idea of the community's deposited dollars being spent to pay someone to just stand around not participating

A fair question.
So, what constitutes participating in the community?

Are there any players who do nothing but hang around the rig, doing nothing else? It would be mind numbingly boring if that was the case.

And, if there are people who actually do that - what is the problem with it? I am not aware of any problem (though I could be wrong of course).

It is wrong to expect & demand other players to play the game you like to play.

Participation in the community is pretty simple, in this case. Exchange of PED. If the PED exchange is purely one way, then a player is not participating.

If however, a free player collects enough funds to engage in ingame activities, and does so, great.

Some might argue that the deed system makes players not participate. Untrue. They had to first buy the deed. Which meant PED went into the game before coming out.

The exchange of PED is the cornerstone of the economy. Those that take PED, just like those who give it and never actually perform any functions, are not participating in the product.

How many folks do you know who give PED and receive nothing, though? I'd wager none. Because they dont exist, although some folks might try to convince you otherwise through their poor returns. The fact that they get any returns though serves to discredit that notion. They are participating. They however are not successfully navigating the system.

If MA will close Ashi (I doubt will ever happen) well Arkadia here we come :))):dunce::dunce::dunce:
What will happen then ? all rigs will be closed? :smoke:

I think ashi rig will go same way as orthos rig.

No.. there is enough firefights there for MA to justify keeping it going. It is the original oil rig after all. :wise:

just checked the place, and now you have there drone prototype L4 and they have crude oil in their loot, mayby the free oil is still there but in loot of mobs?

just checked the place, and now you have there drone prototype L4 and they have crude oil in their loot, mayby the free oil is still there but in loot of mobs?

Of course the oil is there. The issue is not that it disappeared. The issue is people are upset and tossing around various bullshit conspiracy theories because its no longer free.

They neglect to remember (even the vets who are harping on this thread) that the Orthos rig was just recently put into this game. Its not a long standing tradition. It's something they tried that didn't work out. It didnt work out because something unanticipated happened.

Instead of players engaging in newbie oriented PvP, as was the design, players instead lined up in a 24 hour a day 7 day a week welfare queue.

Instead of players engaging in newbie oriented PvP, as was the design, players instead lined up in a 24 hour a day 7 day a week welfare queue.

Well said... :)

Of course the oil is there. The issue is not that it disappeared. The issue is people are upset and tossing around various bullshit conspiracy theories because its no longer free.

They neglect to remember (even the vets who are harping on this thread) that the Orthos rig was just recently put into this game. Its not a long standing tradition. It's something they tried that didn't work out. It didnt work out because something unanticipated happened.

Here's why.

It's kind of hard to engage in newbie oriented PvP when high level, geared old timers habitually wipe the place.

What killed Orthos was the absence of level control in PvP matchmaking.

That said, I maintain that most likely the closure of the noob rig was primarily a way to get new players to spend their time actively involved in playing instead of passively standing around, because a more active gameplay experience means more player retention. I think we can expect a lot more of these short simple newbie-oriented missions like the CDF Outpost Charlie.

The noob rig was an eerie place as it was, one noob i took there said it looked like a POW camp lol. I didn't mind noobs waiting hours for a few ped, but i don't think it was the intended purpose.

Ashi rig also is kinda boring tbh, usually just a couple of guys guarding the rig and hogging the oil. No pvp often as mob trains do the job much better brought in with vehicles or whatever.

As far as i'm concerned shut em all down or put the rig in centre of LOOTABLE pvp, at least would mean pk-ers after ped would go lootable pvp and red zone would be more active. I know some go on as if Ashi rig is "the place" to be, but usually is just boring tbh.

Placing rig in centre of lootable would give added incentive to people guarding rig to shoot (toxic shot loot 5 ped), and ofc to keep the oil they collected. I know riggers won't like the idea, after all is just no/low risk free ped way it is atm.

Last edited:
The noob rig was an eerie place as it was, one noob i took there said it looked like a POW camp lol. I didn't mind noobs waiting hours for a few ped, but i don't think it was the intended purpose.

Ashi rig also is kinda boring tbh, usually just a couple of guys guarding the rig and hogging the oil. No pvp often as mob trains do the job much better brought in with vehicles or whatever.

As far as i'm concerned shut em all down or put the rig in centre of LOOTABLE pvp, at least would mean pk-ers after ped would go lootable pvp and red zone would be more active. I know some go on as if Ashi rig is "the place" to be, but usually is just boring tbh.

Placing rig in centre of lootable would giive added incentive to people guarding rig to shoot (toxic shot loot 5 ped), and ofc to keep the oil they collected. I know riggers won't like the idea, after all is just no/low risk free ped way it is atm.
:wise: My own favorite solution as well :wise:

Placing rig in centre of lootable would giive added incentive to people guarding rig to shoot (toxic shot loot 5 ped), and ofc to keep the oil they collected. I know riggers won't like the idea, after all is just no/low risk free ped way it is atm.
I agree so Much on this. Riggers would be pissed. But it Will bring life inn pvp again.
Im a pvpr and have stopped to go to ashi becuse all u see there is same People day after day. I know some New soc is guarding there now. But they aint pvp either. Only bring trox til the enemy get bored and leave the rig til them again.. :bull::bull::bull:

Back