Gear Change/Tagger Question

atomicstorm

Slayer
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
I'm considering changing my predamager into a tagger and was hoping that in doing so, that I might get one that is fun to use. I'm asking you all if you have some ideas.

- tagger has more than 80m
- it's particle effects are similar or as awesome as the one like the HL series weapons
- 24 atk or better
- low damage/low cost
- any damage type is okay (laser/blp) .. won't be am ping
- nonsib maybe will be okay if laser

I might consider the 500 ark prototype as that is TT food.

Marber Foxtrot ME
With few range ehancers u'll get a gun that can hit anything u can see, no need to even think about range.

Worrying about tagger eco is kinda pointless imo but if u really wanna go for the super eco fag then yeah, 500 ark proto will prolly do it.

A normal m71a1 is a great ranged tagger and affordable pricing.

I use one myself :)

Marber Foxtrot ME
With few range ehancers u'll get a gun that can hit anything u can see, no need to even think about range.

Worrying about tagger eco is kinda pointless imo but if u really wanna go for the super eco fag then yeah, 500 ark proto will prolly do it.

I want a fun tagger.. one that has nice effects.. I'm not sure one exists.

I think its pretty obvious I'm a major eco fag. Albeit, not a very good one.

[Insert gay joke here]

i use proto 500. Works great. last a looong time from full TT

i use proto 500. Works great. last a looong time from full TT

Anything really better in terms of effects? This might work out as I could farm some keys now and then

I want a fun tagger.. one that has nice effects.. I'm not sure one exists.

I think its pretty obvious I'm a major eco fag. Albeit, not a very good one.

[Insert gay joke here]

I like the gauss effects if you want a fun tagger. Enkidd Howler Prototype or a Graf HVMR-2 with some range enhancers will give you the 80m you want at very little cost.

Just my thoughts.

M71a1 or m71a2 is fairly Eco and good range/ damage. Could also go for an imp ff if Eco is more important. If visual effects is more your concern there's always pervs improved gauss rifle thing. I've used it and the effects are pretty cool as well but not very Eco.

Anything really better in terms of effects? This might work out as I could farm some keys now and then

Not really, Its similiar to the SIR Series in terms of look and sound. and those are affordable taggers.

There is Non-Sib like plasma and Fire forge guns. But they are non-sib.

First Gen Electric Attack Chip V? 88 m, crap eco though.

That's if you want UL. Otherwise, Howler S.3 (L) (99 m) is easy to acquire.

I like the gauss effects if you want a fun tagger. Enkidd Howler Prototype or a Graf HVMR-2 with some range enhancers will give you the 80m you want at very little cost.
Used Howler for a while, switced to Foxtrot cuz wanted a cool and stylish gun. IMO most particle effects are kinda ok at 1st but after a while u realize they're [insert a gay joke here].
If we talking about taste we can't really trust anyone but ourselves. :smoke:

Definitely not a fan of s.4 howler.. wayyyy too slow.

Definitely not a fan of s.4 howler.. wayyyy too slow.

L howlers are gauss, 28 to 33 rpm, 82.5 to 101.2 m range, and they have 4k+ total uses. I picked S.3 because to my knowledge it's the easiest to acquire but S.1 / S.2 / S,5 could be an option, too.

A-3 Justifier Mk.II Improved :wise:

A-3 Justifier Mk.II Improved :wise:

Well I regret getting rid of mine but then no one was willing to talk stats and hunting strats like I have now.. only folks telling me to bail and dump.

It was a rough go getting 3 ped markup for 12k cycled. That was rough for me.. but was for the best. Now I can be top swordsman. :)

I use a t3 howler s.4 for tagging. Awesome shooting animation too. Besides that a lc-55 or lc60 Does wonders too :)

Herman SIR-highest you can get, or switch up as they show on the market. I'm only with the smallest now and it's FUN :) Nice low boom sound with dampened volume, doesn't hurt ears as much as the ARKs and harmonizes well with melee. Almost like meditation to hunt with this combo.

Herman SIR-highest you can get, or switch up as they show on the market. I'm only with the smallest now and it's FUN :) Nice low boom sound with dampened volume, doesn't hurt ears as much as the ARKs and harmonizes well with melee. Almost like meditation to hunt with this combo.

To be honest, I was hoping there was a weapon/tagger like the ardenner or particularly the hl series I love both those effects.

Mindforce 100m or better tagger would be fun. First gen mf though is farrrrrrrr too slow

To be honest, I was hoping there was a weapon/tagger like the ardenner or particularly the hl series I love both those effects.

How about a Calytrek then with some tiers to stuff with range enhancers? Base range is 72m already. I have a limited Mk.V Soul with insane TIRs on t7 and get pretty close to 100m with it. In theory, because I couldn't bring myself to use this baby up and now I'm happy to not need it anymore, so it's for the museum. If you have the money for an unlimited Spirit, that should do the trick and be carefree. I love the sparks they make, and slow they are not.

Well I regret getting rid of mine but then no one was willing to talk stats and hunting strats like I have now.. only folks telling me to bail and dump.
It was a rough go getting 3 ped markup for 12k cycled. That was rough for me.. but was for the best. Now I can be top swordsman. :)
That was using it as your main weapon. But as a tagger and/or pre-damager, it's awesome and still allows you to be sword master extraordinaire. :)

And, no offense but it sounds more like your failure to sell loot and not your weapon's fault. However, that's a subject for another thread, or PM.

That was using it as your main weapon. But as a tagger and/or pre-damager, it's awesome and still allows you to be sword master extraordinaire. :)

And, no offense but it sounds more like your failure to sell loot and not your weapon's fault. However, that's a subject for another thread, or PM.

No there was only 3ped of mu from kidney oil on longtooths when I did them. No items or anything. Nothing about failing to sell loot. What I do have a problem with is committing to a strategy when it came to hunting. I've learned a lot in the last year and have had several nice people willing to work with me on a good hunting plan. (All from wss, they've been very helpful)

Last edited:
I been using an Ark 300 for long time as tagger/pre-damage gun. Has decent fire rate and range and the Ark 500 is even better. The cost is pretty good for them also.

I do have a marber bravo to tag long range mobs out of clusters as to not cause mass agro but usually the Ark 300 is good enough and cheap enough as a tagger and able to do some pre-damage and I am satisfied with the result.

I believe the ark 500 will be sufficient. It is something I can farm and all the while, collect more Dehera Defender figurines.

Arr 8000m :)

I have a t4 one of these that I use, with 4 range enhancers it easily gets me to the grey ring on the radar, pretty cheap and sufficient, I am not maxed, but it rarely misses. Not much of a pre-damager though.

Back