The biggest addiction symptome

Have you ever had dream/nightmare about EU?

• Yes

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters

Geralt

Guardian
tyires tyirepl tyirepl
Hello

I have one question to you, dear entropians. It's a question from psychological point of view, but I guess also common sense should make me ask this: Have you ever dreamed about EU? Have you ever had dream that you hunt/mine/craft and get decend hof or desired item? Or maybe it was a nightmare?

I know about some people who constantly have dreams about this game and I personally consider it the biggest addiction symptome ever.

Not recently, or I'm so used to it I don't notice anymore. :tongue2:

Similar game-induced behaviour: Many years ago when I was playing a Spiderman game on PS2, I couldn't help but look for web anchor points to swing from on buildings in RL when I'd be walking to work or running errands around town.

I have always had dreams about Entropia and I guess you can say that it is because of addiction. I played for about 5-6 years before I sold all my skills and items. Now about five years later I am back and have played about a year.

The time in between I dreamt about entropia a lot. First few months it was at least 1-2 times a week, but after a while they started to decrease. The most frightening thing is that the dreams never really stopped, even four years after I quit I could still have a random dream about the game. They were often happy dreams about hofs or unknown items in lootwindow. The best dreams were about logging in to find out that it was back to Project Entropia with the old engine and miningsystem. Some of the dreams were nightmares related to regret of quitting. One nightmare was that I could login again with my avatar without activating the account and first mining bomb gets me an ATH, but mindark support messaged me saying my account was not valid since I quitted so they removed the claim :laugh:

Anyway, I am a frequent dreamer and I think my occuring entropia dreams are mainly because of addiction. I have always played the game ecowise and not deposit too much so I do not think it is much about the gambling part as it is the uniqueness of the game. It has always been the best game I ever played (and probably will play). I also believe that why I dream about the game so much depends on how much time I spent in the universe, if you see it this way: At least six years of my life I have spent many hours per day in Entropia, that is a huge part of my current lifespawn and in a way I can say that this game is a big part of who I am, so it should not be too weird that I dream about it a lot :)

I always have dreams about what I did before sleep...

If I did played EU, I'll dream about EU; if I play Candy Crush, I'll dream about CC; if I watch a movie, I'll dream about it.

So yeah, had them dreams, but definitely don't consider it a sign of addition; just my brain not being fully disconnected yet.

Every once in a while I dream about PE. But thankfully I mostly dream about sex :makelove:

I have one question to you, dear entropians. It's a question from psychological point of view, but I guess also common sense should make me ask this: Have you ever dreamed about EU? Have you ever had dream that you hunt/mine/craft and get decend hof or desired item? Or maybe it was a nightmare?

I know about some people who constantly have dreams about this game and I personally consider it the biggest addiction symptome ever.

And if you have a dream about going to gents', you're probably addicted to pooping.

It has nothing to do with addiction, anything you've ever seen can pop up in your dreams, even something you've seen on TV. For what it's worth, I once gave a speech in the parliament, although I don't quite remember the subject of it. :laugh:

Back