Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 16-30

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • 30+

Votes: 30 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
38ms...

But in your case, I would say your computer's GFX/RAM are more important...

You'd be unlikely to notice any difference between 1 and 50ms (the difference is 0.049 seconds...); most humans have 0.25s (250ms) reaction times.

More likely, his computer loads items faster than yours; I've seen some computers playing EU take 2-3 seconds to load items.

Interesting test results here ...

portable : 37
desktop : 28

same network, same time, same screen, same resolutions, same me ...
( 1 switch more for portable ; portable lower spec than dream power desktop )

Atami

38 Ms over a wireless connection. But just a couple of meters from the modem.

btw are the servers on Germany or NL ? For some reasson i remember Germany :duh:

I posted this a couple of years ago in a thread on EF, in response to a similar question:
A short history of MindArk server locations:

2003: MindArk enters agreement with Telia to provide server-hosting (http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/MindArk_and_Telia_Strike_a_Deal)

2005: MindArk's prospectus (http://www.mindark.com/press/press-releases/documents/mindark_prospekt_en.pdf) states the location of 'the company’s operational server system' to be located at TeliaSonera in Stockholm.

2007: MindArk announced they were upgrading their server park. (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?56514-Entropia-Universe-Server-Park-Upgrade)
Research by players showed that it was now being managed by above-net, in the Netherlands (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...0-Server-Park-Upgrade-IP-Address-Confirmation)

March 2009: MindArk enters agreement with Interxion (http://www.interxion.com/Documents/Case Studies/English/MINDARK CS.pdf)
Interxion is headquartered in the Netherlands with data centres in 11 countries across Europe, and the notice of agreement does not state the specific site used by MindArk. However, a notice of server failure in April 2009 confirms the location of the servers to be in Amsterdam, in the Netherlands (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?149965-Entropia-status-09-04-25)

I see no record of the servers ever being located in Germany.

Anyway I can see who posted 1-5 ms on poll , to know if legit or just trolling ?
Thank you.

90 ms here according to mr. radar.

If you prolly didnt steal your Neighbours Wi-Fi you'd have lower latency.

Also have you ever heard about trolling? seems some ppl carry it on even when im not there latelly at rig :laugh:
Good times

trolling is not an excuse for being a lier.
you can lie and call it trolling but still I would find it hard to believe what you say.

I have around 20 and 30 and I live in Denmark! But ppl with fiber connection will have less ping then others! :)

trolling is not an excuse for being a lier.
you can lie and call it trolling but still I would find it hard to believe what you say.

Where did he said it was me who trolled about latency?
Since you live at rig you should've noticed i havent been around there for weeks now and not much in EU at all past week or so

If you played other games you'd see how latency would change depending on server location, and also on its state.

i got from 30-40s ms myself since i forgot to mention
I live in Portugal, got 100/20 DL/UL Fiber connection.

But in your case, I would say your computer's GFX/RAM are more important...

This is true to some extent, but part is about buggy settings, if some of your settings are "too high"
you get the pixelation effect. Stuff that appear this way, can take easily 5seconds to be visible.
This seems to happen on certain graphics settings, no matter on your hardware, tested it with quite few
different PC builds and they all seemed to have this problem.

I'll give an example, game maxed out, steady 60fps with Vsync on (160-200+ without)
Terrain quality slider at 50% or under, all works perfectly fine
put it to even 51% and you get massive FPS drops looking to certain direction

Object quality safemode-medium, everything appears instantly
high or above, you start getting the pixelation effect and seems hardware has little to no
effect on this one since this has happened to me in systems with 4-12gb ram, quad cores with 3-4ghz
and with GPUs ranging from GTX560Ti to GTX970. GTX970 could handle any game on ultra @1080p
that i have thrown on it. This seems to be fixed in todays VU :)

I usually have ~25ms, 100/10mbit fiber.

Last edited:
All I ask this is because someone that keep outpick and when I asked how he say he have 1 ms (max 5) all the time and that's why he get all picks... Anyway I reported to support too, to check him. I am sure he use some kind of maccroing.
Most likely explanation: this guy indeed uses macro to pick oil barrels faster than others. Macro is very simple, it keeps spamming the key sequences nonstop. All u have to do is to point at the barrel. Anyone who's doing it manually would have no chance.

Considering the above, most likely explanation is - this guy made up the 1 ms latency story trying to cover up the macro use. It's possible but it's not proven. Support will hopefully figure it out.

Since I am half way across the world from the servers, although I have fast internet speed, I can't beat the speed of light / electricity in the connection from where I am to the data center.

I just checked and it showed 170ms. I normally seem to hover around 150 to about 200 ms. :(

Mine is 280 to 290 and get fails all the time..I dont know what to do to get it better.. I thought
I had decent internet... 100mbs down 5 mb up..

69ms... because... reasons
I hope you made that up because of reasons - because if not, you have better latency than both me and the person in my soc in upstate NY. :cussing:

Mine is 280 to 290 and get fails all the time..I dont know what to do to get it better.. I thought
I had decent internet... 100mbs down 5 mb up..
Yes, something is wrong I think. My Aussie friend gets 175 and you can't really be any farther away than he is.

All I ask this is because someone that keep outpick and when I asked how he say he have 1 ms (max 5) all the time and that's why he get all picks... Anyway I reported to support too, to check him. I am sure he use some kind of maccroing.

Computer is always faster than human reflexes can be.
Your case is quite innocent, it is to worry about when some dude (hmm i mean his computer script) pk entire team, never missing and reacting - shooting faster than all of them and in between he find time to write in chat too.

Delete please. :)

The castle is in Germany not the servers :D

Is there a server address. I could run a trace route..

This could be the problem. If you do a search of Zayo.com and bad latency you'll find It's been a problem for awhile.
G9LMZ

Back