Information on VU 15.8.5

Wireless CAN be an issue, but it is not an issue for everyone
I have a 85-95 Megabit/s wired connection to laptop that I stream 5GHz wirelessly to an iPad.

NO ISSUES HERE

It can also be your router, reset it and check other devices.
I had to upgrade a while ago because the wan suffered from internal lan video streaming ip cams

Reg

Atami

afaik, the firmware can't be upgraded.. What did you upgrade?
Only thing connected is printer on wireless & digibox on cable wich isn't on atm

neverdie talked about people should appreciate the scenery when moving from 1 tp to another without actually tping, so I believe this graphics update ties right into that

aditionally, I got an idea for when the tp fee change is implemented: introduce a "Run" skill that levels by running around and makes you (very slowly) run faster. effect: running from 1 tp to another actually is rewarding, and therefore there will be less complaining about the tp fee.

To sell roasted fog use trade section of the forum and don't mislead buyers - its mojo attribute which will be found in upcoming Compet game in year 2020 (more or less) and its announcement can be seen on scan info text of some RT mob like Hater.

Last edited:
just wired up, disabled wifi
logged in, 1st kill failed again

Well, at least it didn't take long to check.

Are you still using Skype? (just noticed the icon)
That's another suspect, it can do funny things to you.

Reactions: das
I only use skype when my parents are on vacation so i can talk to them.. nothing else is running..
even discord i turned off without any luck

So this is what 1% of MA can do (The remaining 99% working on ComPet). I'm kinda impressed. :)

Just logged after killing 20 mobs (each off them had failed messages..) wich is not so nice on regen mobs.

When i get these messages it's on my side the problem is. Usually my provider has some device failure or overload.
I'm checking it by pinging some random server (google for instance);
Play in window mode and try this in a dos cmd while your are hunting (make sure to see the cmd window while you hunt):
ping -n 10000 www.google.fr (replace .fr with your local country)

When i get the fail message, the ping isn't working which means the problem is not at MA.

If you want to locate the problem you can try the same with the tracert command.

On topic, its a nice update but really odd... MA could have spent the same manpower on bugfixes and they would make a greater significant difference.

What we can hope is that the graphics and coding teams are separate and we can look forward to a coding update shortly as in its own right, this update is a good one :girl:

Well the been working on client loader for some time, making that quicker. Now they updating the graphics, maybe they have to do list that these top of or just easier to fix. Adding content and bug fixes can lead to more problems

Well the been working on client loader for some time, making that quicker. Now they updating the graphics, maybe they have to do list that these top of or just easier to fix. Adding content and bug fixes can lead to more problems

Correct

(Too short)

neverdie talked about people should appreciate the scenery when moving from 1 tp to another without actually tping, so I believe this graphics update ties right into that

aditionally, I got an idea for when the tp fee change is implemented: introduce a "Run" skill that levels by running around and makes you (very slowly) run faster. effect: running from 1 tp to another actually is rewarding, and therefore there will be less complaining about the tp fee.

If my memory hasn't faded. We did have a "title" when u ran certain length back in the early days.

Think Adventurer etc. :p

Isn't that covered by agility, newbies were quite slow compared to older players as they start from 1 it just levels with hunting rather than just running.

IF they want us to run, they will/should do a lot of work by moving/contricting spawns..
Back when I started in '06, it was doable to get 95% of the tp's without too much trouble, I don't wonna try that today tho.
All mobs got stronger, regen, higher aggression rate.

Hmm big update on same day Compet released for beta, I predict many issues and bugs :D

I would like some bushes, trees and flowers in all the parking lot like land areas.
Smooting of tiles is great but please employ someone to place some actual content on all areas lacking it almost completelly. But maybe thats up to each planet partner to do?

logged back in, killed 1 evisc gen 01.. 5 failed messages

I would be on the phone to my ISP. Sounds like your connection sucks.

Is it only me that thinks this graphics update is a huge waste of time? I mean who really cares about that? It's way more annoying with bugs still present.

Reactions: das
I would be on the phone to my ISP. Sounds like your connection sucks.

I would be too but, I guess you never called my isp
I'm not in the mood to talk to a student who's working on a holiday :laugh:
I'll give 'em a call tomorrow & see what gives
By expierence I can also tell you that call will last over an hour & then they ask if they should send someone over wich will cost me again lol

IF they want us to run, they will/should do a lot of work by moving/contricting spawns..
Back when I started in '06, it was doable to get 95% of the tp's without too much trouble, I don't wonna try that today tho.
All mobs got stronger, regen, higher aggression rate.

Absolutely agree with this - there were a few nightmare outposts you could get stuck at before, but now even leaving major cities could be an issue - Zychion is surrounded by extreme robots, Zeus->Caravan would be impossible (robots, ambul, feffox). Twin to Ashi would involve travelling through 5/6 high level groups of mobs.

I wouldn't want to collect all the TPs by foot now, with full vain or eon, let alone as a day-1 newbie. I found a guy stuck at an outpost N of Notus the other day - he was travelling from Icarus to Boreas and ended up getting stuck there surrounded by Osseo Young - a mob 75% of the player base can't hunt.

I gave him a lift in my quad and gave him a VTOL to use for later... That cost me a little over 35ped including oil... I'd much rather pay that than the same cost for 35 teleports (which I could easily do in a single day).

Is it only me that thinks this graphics update is a huge waste of time? I mean who really cares about that? It's way more annoying with bugs still present.

yup,same,i play on low anyway since i like the graphics best that way,no pesky grass etc..
storytelling/graphics aint worth shit if gameplay isnt smooth yet(bugs/lag during events)

By expierence I can also tell you that call will last over an hour & then they ask if they should send someone over wich will cost me again lol

I had the same kind of ISP so I changed :D I'm actually playing over 4G LTE connection now. 70-80Mbit download speed and ping around 15-20ms and it's not causing any failed or problems. My old ADSL was a whole other story. They had overloaded centrals so from 16:00-23:00 I had failed/drops/high ping and the rest of the day it was decent. Worse on the weekends when more ppl had time off ^^

Do a speed test to mindark's location. What's your ms? Post the picture it gives.

Wireless is bad for gaming. A router is bad for gaming.. use a switch instead. Also when a router begins to die, it does a ping flood or ping death.. and so before it goes out.. performance is extremely bad.

I'm really sorry MindArk, but this is how much I care about your update:

Yes that's right, I feel nothing at all.

I'm sorry, but wtf?
There are bugs that have been reported for years, that require fixing, because it completely ruins the game.
And what happens to them? We report them, and you don't even give a damn to even post an answer on the support ticket.

I have a support ticket open in which I have already asked 5 times if you could at the very least type a response "we have read/received you support ticket correctly". So that we at least know that you have checked it.
Nope, even after 5 replies to the support ticket you have still not posted a single reaction. Some tickets are open for years without a single reaction.
I had 1 support ticket open for about 2 years, and then 1 month ago, your very first reaction ever came on the ticket

"Thank you for your support ticket, we have sent it to the responsible team."
So it takes you 2 years to even simply forward a request to the responsible team, but you seem to have a lot of time for some stupid graphical details?

I'm sorry, but this is just plain bullshit, and if I would do anything like this towards my customers with my company, they'd file a complaint.

I have lost a lot of peds because of bugs that YOU create and refuse to fix or even refuse to answer to support tickets. If we would have bugs like that with the programs for our customers, WE would have to pay for all the losses created because of that bug. While here, MindArk doesn't seem to give a single fuck for it and wants players to pay for the lost peds from MindArk's bugs.

I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable, and seeing now that you apparently had a lot of time for some shit that's not even first priority, well, that's just sad.

Get your priorities straight, and rather fast, cause your shitty graphics don't mean a fuck towards the people who have huge problems cause of your bugs that costs them tens of thousands peds.

A few that come in my mind directly, but obviously it's not limited to only these bugs:

- People being unable to interact with all items/shopkeepers in the hallways of the malls
- People unable to drop anything in their estates. This making whole shops being unable to be used, shops for which people paid ten thousands of peds.
- Estates & their Estate Deeds that suddenly lose their name. The name suddenly becomes "???", and the Estate Deed shows "???" as well. Due to this, these estates are pretty much unsellable, cause people don't see which estate you're selling.

And there are many many more of these bugs still unfixed for years.

Last edited:
I'm not a tech but afaik, it's a modem/router combined, provided by the isp..
It doesn't even has a brand on it.
I did switch to cable & while it's better, i still get failed on 1st mob
I'm tootiered to play atm, bruised ribs kept me up this week so I'm gonna try to take a nap & test again when I wake up.
I don't have an adress to ping so I can only see latency ingame atm & have no clue if this can be trusted.
Not even sure if it's latency or packetloss at this point

This sounds suspiciously like one of those break-everything-till-the-next-patch updates :D

Eh, with that mentality we'll end up with no graphics updates for years, and that won't be good for attracting new players if the game looks severely dated. It's gotta get done at some point, so at least it's something checked off the to-do list.

These are the graphics I hope they upgrade to...

I have a lot of intermittent failed messages too. My ISP said it was the cable modem. So I bought what they recommended and I still have the same problem. Then they said I should not use the router but connect my pc directly to the cable modem. They said it must be the router and that I should call the router company. No surprise the router company said I need a new router. 5$ says I should be using a switch instead of a router?

My connection looks like this, all wired with cat5:
ISP --> Cable Modem --> Router --> PC

So if I go:

ISP --> Cable Modem --> switch --> PC
'' --> '' --> '' --> Router

Then my PC is wired directly to the internet, which is supposed to be a bad thing right? How to resolve that problem? Buy a firewall? :scratch2:

PS, my pets still die when I trick them, I doubt this update will do anything to fix that :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if anything linking to the TP fees will be in this update. With such a big update MA at times would bring out news about the changes and yes the only news we got so far with this VU update was talk about future TP Fees in game.

My connection looks like this, all wired with cat5:
ISP --> Cable Modem --> Router --> PC

So if I go:

ISP --> Cable Modem --> switch --> PC
'' --> '' --> '' --> Router

Then my PC is wired directly to the internet, which is supposed to be a bad thing right? How to resolve that problem? Buy a firewall? :scratch2:

You shouldn't have the switch between the modem and the pc, just use a standard ethernet cable it will need to be setup using a pppoe connection as the modem needs the username and password for it to work, it will also cut everything else off from the internet connection as your machine will have the only access.

At the moment the Router is doing the PPPOE sign in and acting as a nat server to allow other devices access.

I've used a draytek 2820 and most recently an Asus Black Knight asus rt-ac68u router with BT fibre modems. I switched from the draytek to the Asus purely because of the poor wifi the draytek provided and the Asus can maxout a BT fibre connection over wireless.

bleh, graphics update :(

I'm not a tech but afaik, it's a modem/router combined, provided by the isp..
It doesn't even has a brand on it.
I did switch to cable & while it's better, i still get failed on 1st mob
I'm tootiered to play atm, bruised ribs kept me up this week so I'm gonna try to take a nap & test again when I wake up.
I don't have an adress to ping so I can only see latency ingame atm & have no clue if this can be trusted.
Not even sure if it's latency or packetloss at this point

It's on MAs side, past 5 years EU is the only game that has problems with connection.
Sure on rare cases it might be on users side, but it's fun to drop the blame always on playerbase.
That's when it comes to EU ofc, it's the only game i experience constant lags, fails and such with 30ms ping.

Wonder if this VU helps at all on gfx and such, runs same on maxed settings with GTX660 and GTX970, 100+ fps easily while streaming, if you only have mobs around you.
After you find 5+ ppl to your radar, fps drops like stone in water.

Last edited:
Back