Information on VU 15.8.5

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Information on VU 15.8.5[/h]On Tuesday, May 17, MindArk will implement Entropia Universe Version Update 15.8.5. This update focuses on improving the visual appearance and client performance of Entropia Universe, and includes:

• Improved compression of terrain textures, resulting in smoother landscapes and removal of the tiling effect
  • Level of detail (LoD) enhancements and bug fixes.
  • Improved billboard rendering with transform and color.
  • Post-processing added to rendering of items displayed in the item info panel, and item icons.
  • A new client setting available in the Advanced Options panel for managing anisotropic filtering.
Due to the types of changes being implemented, VU 15.8.5 will require a larger than usual client patch (approximately 4 GB).
Our development and graphics teams have been working hard on these improvements, which we hope will enrich everyone’s Entropia Universe experience!

Originally Posted Here

PVP back?
fix select target until 2020?

neverdie talked about people should appreciate the scenery when moving from 1 tp to another without actually tping, so I believe this graphics update ties right into that

aditionally, I got an idea for when the tp fee change is implemented: introduce a "Run" skill that levels by running around and makes you (very slowly) run faster. effect: running from 1 tp to another actually is rewarding, and therefore there will be less complaining about the tp fee.

neverdie talked about people should appreciate the scenery when moving from 1 tp to another without actually tping, so I believe this graphics update ties right into that

Bad, bad business decision. They could make much more money by replacing all terrain graphics with advertisement banners :rolleyes:

What will enrich my game is getting rid of lag issue's..
Just logged after killing 20 mobs (each off them had failed messages..) wich is not so nice on regen mobs.

logged back in, killed 1 evisc gen 01.. 5 failed messages

logged back in, killed 1 evisc gen 01.. 5 failed messages

Played for 6 hours straight yesterday -> 0 fail messages
Meanwhile kids were playing LoL, Ark, Skype active, ...

Maybe it is on your side and not theirs ...

Atami

Reactions: das
Played for 6 hours straight yesterday -> 0 fail messages
Meanwhile kids were playing LoL, Ark, Skype active, ...

Maybe it is on your side and not theirs ...

Atami

hard to check since it comes & goes.. funny is that i still see mobs moving etc, just dmg isn't done or healing.
On telenet whoppa so..
I am playing wireless but i'm 5m away from the router

It's quite likely wireless jitter (variability of ping). Borrow a cable to test the difference.

(In most cases it's possible to fine-tune wireless but before starting to mess with it it's good to have ISP excluded from suspects)

It's quite likely wireless jitter (variability of ping). Borrow a cable to test the difference.

(In most cases it's possible to fine-tune wireless but before starting to mess with it it's good to have ISP excluded from suspects)

allready ran inssider to optimize the wireless

Just 1 word - light is faster than sound. Too bad I remebered this after I cut all the cables to get this new tech wifi

Perfect time. Just gonna get a gtx980 soon :D

Failed messages are definitely a client-side issue... My home connection gets zero, my parents connection gets a lot more and they come in bursts when loading webpages feels slow, and playing over hotel wifi is horrible.

On topic, its a nice update but really odd... MA could have spent the same manpower on bugfixes and they would make a greater significant difference.

What we can hope is that the graphics and coding teams are separate and we can look forward to a coding update shortly as in its own right, this update is a good one :girl:

Reactions: das
No need for the 1080 for my game play at allllll ^^

But not perfect time to get 980 when 1080 knocks on the heavens doors :laugh:

Yes worst time in history to buy new grafic card today when in about 1 month a 1080 will be released and faster then 2x 980 TI SLI. (they say)

Yes worst time in history to buy new grafic card today when in about 1 month a 1080 will be released and faster then 2x 980 TI SLI. (they say)

The reason why I bought it, since its cheap or got it cheap :p

VU notes before the VU? The sky is falling :eyecrazy:

Sweet update.

Indeed, bravo MA :wtg: .

I like the idea of VU notes before the VU, gives us time to prepare :).

Eventually there's nobody left who understands how all this stuff we're using every day actually works. That's when rational explanations will be replaced with mythological ones.

If I stand on one leg the volume on my bluetooth speakers goes up
If I sit only a few meters from my wireless router it automagically eliminates all the problems with packet conversion, jitter and lag

Yea right.. :dunce:

hard to check since it comes & goes.. funny is that i still see mobs moving etc, just dmg isn't done or healing.
On telenet whoppa so..

Telenet too here, but please avoid wireless for gaming if possible.

[h=3]Information on VU 15.8.5[/h]Our development and graphics teams have been working hard on these improvements, which we hope will enrich everyone’s Entropia Universe experience!
[/url]

I will have same amount of misses shooting mob on that mountain after and before specially at night lol.
Cool that they have graphics teams but i miss programers or coders to make some content instead to have lipstick on old things. But as we are at graphics - how about to make option to tun night off?

just wired up, disabled wifi
logged in, 1st kill failed again

Indeed, bravo MA :wtg: .

I like the idea of VU notes before the VU, gives us time to prepare :).

I don't think this is VU notes. This is so people don't get overhyped when they see 4 GB update - mechs? land plots? new planet? better loot? No, just no tales

[h=3]Information on VU 15.8.5[/h]
  • Improved compression of terrain textures, resulting in smoother landscapes and removal of the tiling effect

That sounds promising, the preview screenshot looks awesome. That is one nice improvement, which boosts the landscape view massively i would say. :) this tiling ruined it all... thanks alot. :wtg:

Back