Entropia Universe 15.8.5 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Graphical Changes

• Changed terrain texture compression to give a smoother look.
  • Added a new Anisotropic Filtering option in Advanced Options.
  • Added post processing to the rendering of items in item info and icons.
  • Improvements to shadows. Tall shadows no longer cut and display shuttered on the ground. Shadows transition more smoothly when updated in the time of day cycle.

Other
  • It is now possible to hide all user interfaces with the Hide-actions in the action library (Tracked missions, skill progress, pets, etc.).

Fixed Issues
  • Fixed an issue causing objects to become gray in the level of detail (LoD) step.
  • Improved billboard rendering.

Known Issues
  • Before launching Entropia Universe, make sure to clear the shader cache. This option can be found in the Tools menu in the Client Loader.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

i expected more in this update, it almost look the same game noting special

Known Issues

• Before launching Entropia Universe, make sure to clear the shader cache. This option can be found in the Tools menu in the Client Loader. !

tons of red X , broke icons , models ...... clear shader dont fix it

Performance(So far) and visuals are better now on Vhigh settings, thanks!

each stack of damage enhancers now takes 4 times the space in my inventory :D

fixed for me

Also gg, they fuckedup the size of icons

have fun checking your storages :)

[*] It is now possible to hide all user interfaces with the Hide-actions in the action library (Tracked missions, skill progress, pets, etc.).

Forgot to add it? Dashboard & Desktop Icons work as usual (don't hide mission tracker, progress and pets), and there are no new actions...

Forgot to add it? Dashboard & Desktop Icons work as usual (don't hide mission tracker, progress and pets), and there are no new actions...

Exactly what i wondered
its nowhere to be seen

Very High settings finally work without constant stuttering :)
Lots of items are now so bright it hurts to look at them, bunch of items have increased
in size when in inventory, totally messing up storage and lots of them have bugged visuals now too.

Hide options still work as before, they don't hide pet box, skill progress box and such.

Friend's LC-55 / 60 takes 6 and 8 slots now
Those Enhancer related componets and token take 4 slots

Whats a VU without bugs? :) Gives them something to do in the next patch :)

has the divine mission been fixed?

Yes ,many things changed is size in the storage/inventory :scratch2:

Im downloading this crap and as i see i have tons of bugs to expect like always. Oh i wish another game like this made by some other company and i would leave this bugged mess same day. I really hate to see when they say they are improoving something because it always means that they are fu.. up and we cant play it for the next few weeks. Please stop with improovements and just start fixing damn bugs so we can play this game. Make it look ugly as before cry engine just remove bugs. I guess the compet game will also be mess with tons of bugs. Why do I even play this :scratch2:
Each update makes me sick and stressed. Good job MA :yay:

Nice work with the graphic MindArk :) Looking awesome

Nice work with the graphic MindArk :) Looking awesome

I hope this was sarcasm, cause man, did I laugh at the failure of MindArk...

A visual update, and all they did, was make the game uglier.
At first login, all items were red crosses.
Did the fader bugfix, logged in again, saw the real images.

And guess what...
All graphic details are at maximum for me, always have been. It used to be decent, now items are pixelated.
I seriously lolled...

It's like playing MineCraft, but with a leak in your wallet.

Reactions: Mac

Same here.

SNAFU :laugh:

Pet death animation when tricking fixed? :scratch2:

Devine chip bonus mission fixed? :scratch2:

Etc. ... :scratch2:

Guess not.

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Very High settings finally work without constant stuttering :)
Lots of items are now so bright it hurts to look at them, bunch of items have increased
in size when in inventory, totally messing up storage and lots of them have bugged visuals now too.

Hide options still work as before, they don't hide pet box, skill progress box and such.

Were you on VHigh before? As someone who was on VHigh pre patch I didn't really see any stuttering, and tbh I don't really notice any visual changes with this patch besides all of my items looking so so so much worse :(
Torene

The shadows does looks better(more defined) and same goes for the landscape than before this VU and so does the items, they all a bit more shinny and polished :cool:
Also my avatar looks smoother or maybe its just me :scratch2: :laugh:

Here are my settings on my old Dell Optiplex 960 :laugh:,

:cool:

And here one can see how smooth my Avatar looks :wtg:

Maybe i don't know much about the EU interface or i'm just a noob or i'm pleased easily(lol) but thanks MA for this graphics update coz i do like it :thumbup:

I can only imagine how EU would look like on Very High settings :tongue2:

Cheers

restore the mission tracker to the old, NICE design!!!

Found new bug on rocktropia. Each time when i enter in club neverdie entropia crashes. :yay:

Visual improvements are bad for me.
Too bright and too dark and pixelated objects in my inventory are ugly.
Alot of red cross icons (Clearing cache do not solve them).
Not found what happen with environment, the difference is not noticed
Yes, I can live with that, but in the past VU graphics was better.
Video : Redeon HD 7750 (yes, old, and very silent graphics card), very high Settings.

Last edited:
The shadows does looks better(more defined) and same goes for the landscape than before this VU and so does the items, they all a bit more shinny and polished :cool:
Also my avatar looks smoother or maybe its just me :scratch2: :laugh:

Here are my settings on my old Dell Optiplex 960 :laugh:,

:cool:

And here one can see how smooth my Avatar looks :wtg:

Maybe i don't know much about the EU interface or i'm just a noob or i'm pleased easily(lol) but thanks MA for this graphics update coz i do like it :thumbup:

I can only imagine how EU would look like on Very High settings :tongue2:

Cheers

:yay::yay::yay:

I hope this was sarcasm, cause man, did I laugh at the failure of MindArk...

A visual update, and all they did, was make the game uglier.
At first login, all items were red crosses.
Did the fader bugfix, logged in again, saw the real images.

And guess what...
All graphic details are at maximum for me, always have been. It used to be decent, now items are pixelated.
I seriously lolled...

It's like playing MineCraft, but with a leak in your wallet.

Makes you wonder.. who the F- works over there? God bless! How do you make an update that makes an object in inventory 6x bigger, or leave things with Xs on them instead of the image? Remember when they "upgraded" the sounds and we got these terrible mob noises that make you smack your head everytime you hear it. This company is simply amazing at it's ability to make this crap. It is truly an art.

Only oddities found so far are the size of enhancers and nova/blazaar models. Other than that it looks to be a nice clean update , great visual improvements.

Anyone found a workaround for the F***D up icons? Seems like clearing shader is not working for at least half the community.

Back