Windows 10

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Hi Kim

Still struggling with this windows 10 update so could be me. Anyhow some initial feedback for updates.

1) had to download a windows zip program to open the windows download. If you can make it automated (winzip not required) that would be much better (damn that was a pain trying to get a free program for one download. WinZip had expired, I wasn't going to pay £30 for one download).

2) The install didn't create a desktop icon, I can only open the game from: This PC/Downloads/Compet.... then click the devil icon.

3) if I drag the main (devil pic) icon from the download folder to the desktop and attempt to launch from there, an error pops up: "Error data folder not found, there should be compet data folder next to the executable" (fix.. drag the icon back into the download folder.

Maybe forget that one, I just created a shortcut, dragged that, and the link works ok.

Rick

WinZip never expires, it's just nag-ware. You can use it even if it expired. Otherwise 7Zip is a free alternative. Also, windows 10 already has zip and unzip built in for free, so no extra applications is really needed.

1) had to download a windows zip program to open the windows download.

Doesn't the file Explorer include a zip unpacker anymore (with Windows 10)?

In windows 7 downto I Think Windows XP, you could open a zip archive by clicking on zip file and then do "unpack all".

Edit: I should add, if you have (had) some other unpacker such as (an expired) Winzip, then you right click the zip file and do "open with" and then select "Explorer" or "Windows Explorer", to avoid the installed unpacker.

Last edited:
7zip is a good open source alternative to WinZip, I use it work on servers.

The built in zip of 7 and XP is incredibly slow with some files.

getting ready to reinstall windows vista on my newish comp

wouldn't touch win 10 ever - id goto xp before that - and i'm certainly running linux on my other comp - if this game would ever port to linux i would be gone in a flash - windows sucks more now than it ever did and it always was bad.

anyways - vista ran this game fine before so if i put it on a faster computer chances are good itll be fine

thers certain things its worth it to work at to get away from and windows is one of them. and fook facebook to by the way for the same reasons

wouldn't touch win 10 ever - id goto xp before that - and i'm certainly running linux on my other comp - if this game would ever port to linux i would be gone in a flash - windows sucks more now than it ever did and it always was bad.

anyways - vista ran this game fine before so if i put it on a faster computer chances are good itll be fine

thers certain things its worth it to work at to get away from and windows is one of them. and fook facebook to by the way for the same reasons

I've used Win Xp and 7 extensively, and fixed my cousins Vista too many times. If you can get hold of 7 still, its rock solid. Win 10 - I think I'm going to pass on for now until I see what they have planned for all those users of their free OS.

Back