connection failed

Society
Freelancer
Clatherious Clath Zapatero
won't connect to servers on pc or android.

We are experiencing sporadic issues with server stability at the moment, it's something we're working on fixing as soon as possible.

How are we supposed to beta test this when the servers are so unstable?

What I have seen so far looks promising, but may I suggest, in order to alleviate early alienation of players, you stop the beta test until you have fixed the server issues.

What I have seen so far looks promising, but may I suggest, in order to alleviate early alienation of players, you stop the beta test until you have fixed the server issues.

It's called "BETA" for a reason...:scratch2:

I think you need to look up what a beta test is and why it is there. :)

I have beta tested games before. For the most part coming out of a Closed beta the servers are supposed to be a lot more stable than this.

So, in case you don't understand OPEN beta testing is more for bug catching and squashing. The servers ARE supposed to be generally stable at this point of testing. Open Beta testing servers how ever will become unstable in the case of server stress tests which are common at this point. But I do not think that they are stress testing the servers. Like I pointed out before, OPEN beta is for finding bugs and the developers to start spraying them with raid. But what is odd is that this is the first game that I have Beta tested in which there has been no real form of reporting bugs in detail. Trying to do it on a forum is silly IMHO. Doing it on a forum means no organazation for the developers to be able to keep track of bugs and who is doing what.

If the servers are so unstable that people can't even play the game due to:
getting disconnected
being unable to log in
other server issues

how are the open Beta testers going to be able to do any real testing on the GAME itself?

Back