Question: How does Arena matchmaking work?

Ferial

Old Alpha
Chris Ferial Book
So, I seem to be having trouble getting matches in arena and would like to, if possible, get some information on how it works, to better be able to test it.

1. Does it match only with people using the same battle pack?
2. I would presume it doesn´t match Auto-Battle users with non auto-battle users?
3. Does your rank have anything to do with your matching?
4. Does pet level have anything to with matching?

As of the past hour or so, i´ve been trying to match in all battle packs i have available:
Gold Young to Perfect Diamond, both auto-battle and without it checked. No result.
Ped Young to Diamond, both auto-battle and without it checked as well. No matches.

EDIT: There are other people finding matches since I can see peoples ranking points changing in the ranking. So the issue is not that there are no other people trying.

So, I seem to be having trouble getting matches in arena and would like to, if possible, get some information on how it works, to better be able to test it.

1. Does it match only with people using the same battle pack?
2. I would presume it doesn´t match Auto-Battle users with non auto-battle users?
3. Does your rank have anything to do with your matching?
4. Does pet level have anything to with matching?

As of the past hour or so, i´ve been trying to match in all battle packs i have available:
Gold Young to Perfect Diamond, both auto-battle and without it checked. No result.
Ped Young to Diamond, both auto-battle and without it checked as well. No matches.

EDIT: There are other people finding matches since I can see peoples ranking points changing in the ranking. So the issue is not that there are no other people trying.

1) No, the value of the battle packs can differ by a factor of 3, if there is a difference the transaction is limited so as to not become unfair to the party with the higher valued pack.

2) Correct, they are matched separately.

3) No

4) Yes it tries to match you to a pet of a level as close as possible, it can also go +/- 2 in which case the reward and loss formulas are changed to compensate for the difference.

1) No, the value of the battle packs can differ by a factor of 3, if there is a difference the transaction is limited so as to not become unfair to the party with the higher valued pack.

2) Correct, they are matched separately.

3) No

4) Yes it tries to match you to a pet of a level as close as possible, it can also go +/- 2 in which case the reward and loss formulas are changed to compensate for the difference.

Thank you for the reply. Changed to a significantly lower level pet and seem to at least be able to find some matches :)

About this compensation:

If I get matched with lvl 6 Pet against lvl 8 Pet it is a huge difference. Actually I dont think you can win that.
The Problem ist not only the better stats, but especially the better abilities, usable at that +2lvl.
This might not be a problem at higher Pet lvls where +-2 is not that much anymore like on low lvls and abilities are maxed.

But at low lvl it is crap. And the compensation is not rly covering that. Especially not if you play for PEDs not Gold. 1 or 2 Diamonds wont cover my 5 PEDs sure loss from Battlepack. Yes, sometimes I have an easy win due to this so overall might not be that bad for me. But it is not fair.

Conclusion: Good system for higher lvls to make faster matchmaking. Maybe need some adjustment on low lvls. Or make a lvl requirement for PED battles. Loose some Gold due to this issue is just some lost time, so not that much a problem.
If it would have been my deposited PEDs I would be kinda pissed about the system right now :cool:

About this compensation:

If I get matched with lvl 6 Pet against lvl 8 Pet it is a huge difference. Actually I dont think you can win that.
The Problem ist not only the better stats, but especially the better abilities, usable at that +2lvl.
This might not be a problem at higher Pet lvls where +-2 is not that much anymore like on low lvls and abilities are maxed.

But at low lvl it is crap. And the compensation is not rly covering that. Especially not if you play for PEDs not Gold. 1 or 2 Diamonds wont cover my 5 PEDs sure loss from Battlepack. Yes, sometimes I have an easy win due to this so overall might not be that bad for me. But it is not fair.

Conclusion: Good system for higher lvls to make faster matchmaking. Maybe need some adjustment on low lvls. Or make a lvl requirement for PED battles. Loose some Gold due to this issue is just some lost time, so not that much a problem.
If it would have been my deposited PEDs I would be kinda pissed about the system right now :cool:

It's likely that there will be a pet level restriction for battling in the Arena later on to make sure players have some basic knowledge about the game and fairly equal pets before they start playing each other for PEDs or Diamonds. On lower levels it's probably also going to be easier to find opponents of the same level since there should be more of them around and their fights might generally be shorter.

1 or 2 Diamonds wont cover my 5 PEDs sure loss from Battlepack.
Yeah... I played my first pvp match and won 2 diamonds. But I did not my the battlepack either. Was hoping to win PED from pvp.

Yeah... I played my first pvp match and won 2 diamonds. But I did not my the battlepack either. Was hoping to win PED from pvp.

You should if they had bet any and not been too easy to beat. Since the payouts seem to be changed dependent on quite a few factors I imagine we're seeing wild swings because there are so few of us playing and we're always strestching the boundaries of a match.

Back