pvp feedback

Harmony.

Stalker
Society
Rangers
Harmony Bella Simpson
hi,

all in all i like the compets there are a few things i'd like to mention though.

-i seem to never be able to find another town to raid
-finding a player to battle in pvp is hard too

Both are ofc related to amount of players, but it's a big risk.

Also fighting against an opponent that is two levels higher or lower then you is an unfair battle. Two levels make a world of difference for a starting player.

Lastly the end game seems to be pretty much focussed solely on the pvp part. I miss the incentive/opportunity to get better pets with special abilities. I'm afraid the game will become boring after a relative short term (matter of days/weeks).

-i seem to never be able to find another town to raid
-finding a player to battle in pvp is hard too

You problaby try to battle people on high level, try level 6 or 10 there you will find people in Arena.
Me currently have deleted a lot of level 6 pets to remake the points you spent to try out new builds which i think alot of people are doing atm.

So far I can see opponents in the arena are based on 2 criteria:
* same rank of player
* -/+ 2 levels of pet

indeed 2 lvl at pet side is something to discuss but the rank is quite an issue - as in this moment I'm quite high rank I have nobody to fight in the arena, even I ask a lvl 6 -8 pet - I can't find any opponent.

I guess for the beta version rank of player restriction could be eliminated or better
-/+ 1 rank of player
-/+ 1 level for pet would be more balanced

Did pvp several times today, one was me lvl7 against lvl9 and i won clearly - so its not impossible and actually a nice challenge at times.

It is hard, lvl 7 4 slots, lvl 9 5 slots and taking also different buffs & buffs levels (from lvl 8)

I wish I could call you in arena for your lvl 7 to a lvl 9 (regular rooster) :p

So far I can see opponents in the arena are based on 2 criteria:
* same rank of player
* -/+ 2 levels of pet

indeed 2 lvl at pet side is something to discuss but the rank is quite an issue - as in this moment I'm quite high rank I have nobody to fight in the arena, even I ask a lvl 6 -8 pet - I can't find any opponent.

I guess for the beta version rank of player restriction could be eliminated or better
-/+ 1 rank of player
-/+ 1 level for pet would be more balanced

1. Does it match only with people using the same battle pack?
2. I would presume it doesn´t match Auto-Battle users with non auto-battle users?
3. Does your rank have anything to do with your matching?
4. Does pet level have anything to with matching?

1) No, the value of the battle packs can differ by a factor of 3, if there is a difference the transaction is limited so as to not become unfair to the party with the higher valued pack.

2) Correct, they are matched separately.

3) No

4) Yes it tries to match you to a pet of a level as close as possible, it can also go +/- 2 in which case the reward and loss formulas are changed to compensate for the difference.

too short adding characters

Yes more pvp..

about 10 pvp battles thus far... about 1 battle for every 10 min waiting...trying that suggestion of the 6-10 range

..one village raid each sheild elapse.. I myself have yet to catch the my shield down .. hope i will not need to wait another 23 hours to see what its all about...:)

One issue with finding matches in arena is that , you only search for matches with the same bet and the same playmode - please change it so that its possible to assign a betting range and whatever the highest bet is of both participants is the one that gets taken.
It would also be great if you could assign pets to search for battles, just like you assign them for guard duty and training/quests.
Maybe even allow a crossmatch between autoplay and manual arena fight, where you can fight in a slowed down autoplay mode and take over during autoplay when you think that you can do it better then the AI.

Currently loving the game, ranked knight atm.

As you move up thru the levels the differences become less, so a match between a 13 and a 15 is hard but doable, a match between a 5 and a 7 is nearly impossible.

I suggest scaling the variance
low levels < 5 same level opponent
mid levels 5-10 +1/-1
high levels >10 +2/-2

etcetera etcetera etcetera :)

Back