FYI: Get rid of the Satanic Rituals!

mastermesh

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
Maria Mesh
Remember the old tier system in Entropia Universe, where you had to sacrafice an item to upgrade tier level...

Looks like you have something similar in the compet game... to get to level 5 pet you have to sacrafice a lower level pet for the upgrade... WTF! Why would you need to kill off one pet to increase level of another. IMHO this makes the game seem a bit like a satanic ritual or something?

Bit over the top as usual.

Technically we still sacrifice pets in EU for stable buffs.

Eat its heart and gain its power! Or maybe a vegan option?

Well to get 15 you need to sacrifice 2 level 10+.
Thats a lot of pets I've killed so far

I guess they could be set free instead and their happiness grant their friend the power to level up :).

I also find it crude and distasteful. At the risk of sounding fluffy, i think they have made a mistake with it. Compet seems to be aimed at the less hard core gamer, maybe a younger crowd. Sure we live in a throw away economy, and it's not about setting a moral standard, more that people just don't like killing their pets!

Sure "proper" gamers see it all as just part of the journey, but other may have a little attachment to those furry critters, and would quickly bin a game that requires you to kill them to progress.

I mentioned this back with the pet meat grinders. Weird concept. Could simply be to "trade in" your pet to level up.

Edit to add- cross posted with edgehog- setting free sounds good too :) ( of course now I seem really fluffy) ;)

This thread reminded me to spawn a pink rabbit.

Also this:

Welcome to the forum Edgehog! :)

Get rid of the Satanic Rituals!
You're worried about that but not the whipping and fighting? יהוה's the one who demands burnt animal corpse sacrifices. So it's more of a Christian ritual :cool:

I would prefer a proper bloody sacrifice. Something along the lines of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but with cute pet parts splattered all over the screen.

Moar Gore please!

5yGWxGc.jpg

Just like the older tier system, you "idiots" will do it

To the mentioned above:
We allready have to let the pets fight against each other.. I mean you see one bites the other and they get hurt. This is at least optical more cruel than the sacrificing on an pet. There it only disapears. I wonder if it is the right thing to let children fight with pets.. in RL you arent allowed to let animals fight against one another too. But i suppose thats way to late.. because we allready kill one another in games.

I also find it crude and distasteful. At the risk of sounding fluffy, i think they have made a mistake with it. Compet seems to be aimed at the less hard core gamer, maybe a younger crowd. Sure we live in a throw away economy, and it's not about setting a moral standard, more that people just don't like killing their pets!

Yeah this is a very good point indeed. I can imagine the mums and dads (essentially the ones with the credit cards) disapproving of their kids playing this game. The kids probably won't like it either, they love their pets. If you have trained something to level 5 then it is really sad to have to get rid of it.

If pets being "sacrificed" is an integral part of compets best to change the storyline so that the pets are released into the wild or something rather than killed.

What?! I've already renamed them cute names. I would not want to sacrifice them :mad:

I'm happy with sacrificing them. To be honest, in a rce it's better for the economy if there is some kind of sink (destruction) of an item or whatever or you get stagnation. Given that Kim confirmed yesterday that pets are still planned to be sold into the game it generates constant demand for pets to be sacrificed etc. It's actually one of the first times I think MA has really shown they understand how to generate enough demand to keep an economy going properly.

In terms of getting attached to pets maybe I'm already being a little less emotional, after all this is a beta, and all these pets are going to be wiped at some point anyway.

In my opinion, everything hinges on that single word, "sacrifice".

Why not just change it to "merge" and everything's a-okay?

:rolleyes:

Edit:

And usually, other games I've played involving such merging of pets had it even more difficult. They had to merge two pets of the same "kind" of the same "rarity" to get that higher level one.

Last edited:
In my opinion, everything hinges on that single word, "sacrifice".

Why not just change it to "merge" and everything's a-okay?

:rolleyes:

Edit:

And usually, other games I've played involving such merging of pets had it even more difficult. They had to merge two pets of the same "kind" of the same "rarity" to get that higher level one.
yep, merge would be more appropriate than 'sacrafice' and yep, most 'card type' games like this one do merge cards to build more powerful ones.

Personally, if I was designing it, I'd do it another way... where you have 'items' that get added to the pet in question so as to 'pimp it out' more or less instead of destroying a pet... maybe work in biological additions/jewelry, weapons, etc.

Maybe make it more a part of the story... one female and one male of a certain type of pet brings you a baby, which is the next level up, and you have to grow it to certain maturity level before merging it with a spouse, etc.

Back