ATH on support response time?

e-lite

Society
Magnum Opus
Xaero e-lite Cynque
* TL;DR at the bottom in BOLD

So 7 months ago I started having trouble with my gold card and card reader. The reader itself displayed only half numbers, with the bottom half missing.

I opened a case and explained what was wrong and that I need a new set.

A month passed and no reply on the ticket, I updated it and explained that the issue has turned critical as I can only guess the correct numbers that is displayed. Fortunately I have become very good at it and succeed almost every time.

Another month passed and I updated the ticket again asking what is going on. At this point I tracked down the manufacturer of the card reader itself and managed to get hold of a stock reader. As we have already figured out before, it is only the key on your card which is unique, the reader itself is generic.

This solution worked for a few weeks, the new reader was generating fully visible codes. My next problem is that the card was so worn out, it has now started to fail to generate codes every other time. And being a (L) card, it can not be repaired.

I updated the support case yet again with this information. Still no reply.

As situation became worse, I collaborated with a branch colleague for the next few weeks that passed, and we successfully hacked and cloned my old gold card key to a new generic card, which I am now using. By the way, the security on this outdated 2-factor authentication is a joke. MA should really update the system, but this is another topic.

Anyhow, * TL;DR, long story short, my ticket regarding this is now pushing on 7 months with no reply! What are you guys worst support ticket age?

support-case-ath.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps at the same time they announced that they will move to another solution in the future for authentication they also gave up the support for the old system?

Tragic that a company can be so ignoring of an matter with such importance for the costumer. Shouldnt be allowed

Add few years and then can speak about ATH on support times.
Created Updated State

2014-05-16 02:09:13 2014-06-19 10:57:02 Open

And yes state is still open today.

I had one support case open for a similarly long time, but it was about bugged teleporters on Rocktropia and the delay was on the planet partner's side. MA even followed up somewhere down the line and asked me if it was still valid.

I do get responses to support cases sometimes very quickly, up to within the hour. I sometimes get responses on a Sunday night, wondering since I heard they work normal office hours (unless some of them are outsourced to the other side of the globe). But almost all of these to things with little to no urgency, like suggestions. No, I'm not writing in very frequently, and not right after a big VU if I can help it.

I took my complimentary gold card which was offered upon accumulated lifetime deposits reaching 5000 PED. I never dared to activate it, aware how finnicky the technology is and prone to failing always when you're least prepared to lose it.

I can't fathom why they would be quick on minor issues and let things of such critical importance slip like that. It's not the only similar complaint, so there has to be a bottleneck somewhere. 5 Minutes of critical time vs. a potentially significant loss of revenue, not to speak of reputation... come on! Help this man and help yourself.

I got reports that i chose to close cos i started feeling offended of being important matters and sit around waiting..... for a year

It might be a hof, but nowhere near an ATH :(

16 months and counting here :)

Those mexicans from Playa del Carmen wasn't as bad as I thought

I have a very similar support case regarding a gold card replacement. My card as well is on its last leg, and this is my second gold card reader and card set.

gold card reader purchase 2015-11-05 12:06:42 2016-05-18 07:06:30 Open

Its one thing to open a support case out of the blue I guess, its another completely when you are told to do so:

From the Entropia site:
Gold Card Reader 100 PED
If you need a new gold card please contact support.

It of course has no response in months.

I suspect the support team now will be even busier with support tickets for Compets.
We have literally seen more MA discussion in this last week regarding Compets than we have in the last 3 years on Entropia from MA.

The only thing I hold my breath for is that MA sells to a company that is willing to manage it properly. Because until then, its suicide holding my breath waiting for MA to do much of anything else.

Surprised by the length of time for some support queries. I have a feeling it's down to who the support case is assigned to (when you choose the options in the drop down).

I submitted a generic support case (wasn't even game-critical, just a small bug report) and had a response within 2 hours on a Friday night (about 8pm).

a bit off topic,

when i came back to EU my gold card reader was out of power, and trying to open it to change the battery i damaged it, so i just canceled it and re bought one.
way faster than a support

I have a case that is almost celebrating it's 3rd anniversary:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/4/7/1/2/support_case.jpg

To be fair, if I was in customer support, I would ignore this one too. Firstly, the amount of people with %block plates is very small; secondly, the amount of people who would even notice that a blocked attack doesn't remove unreachable status is likely to be even smaller (evade also doesn't remove it), and finally fixing this bug will have pretty much zero effect on the game as a whole.

It's a legitimate bug and I'm sure if it was the only one it would be answered but lets be honest... e-lite not being able to deposit vs. your bug, it's logical which would be on the priority list.

Unless we want a return to the days of "Thank you for contacting support, your case is being looked in to" - I find that worse than a case being ignored because it lets them ignore every single case ;)

It simply shows MA has no:

change management
quality control
KPIs (KeyPerformanceIndicators)

especially for a Helpdesk you need KPIs, otherwise it will suck. The helpdesk in the company I am working has such things, they sound crazy, but it ends up in a high acceptance and user satisfaction. For instance if a call is not picked up after 3 rings the KPI goes down. If a ticket submitted via ticketing system is not addressed after a certain time the KPI goes down. and so on and so on.

Finally it ends up with something we all now. MA is driven by blue-jeans management. In german " Auf Jede Position eine Niete setzen" similar to "place a lame duck as a responsible".

It will never change

change management
quality control

especially for a Helpdesk you need KPIs, otherwise it will suck. The helpdesk in the company I am working has such things, they sound crazy, but it ends up in a high acceptance and user satisfaction. For instance if a call is not picked up after 3 rings the KPI goes down. If a ticket submitted via ticketing system is not addressed after a certain time the KPI goes down. and so on and so on.

Finally it ends up with something we all now. MA is driven by blue-jeans management. In german " Auf Jede Position eine Niete setzen" similar to "place a lame duck as a responsible".

It will never change

Our customer support team has the exact same system... difference is, the company I work for has a turnover of £220m and 2000 employees. MA has £3m turnover and 30 employees (FR2014).

People must realise that MA is a very small operation with limited resources... if they have a team of 5 doing all support queries, the ones which are low-impact will be left untouched.

change management
quality control

especially for a Helpdesk you need KPIs, otherwise it will suck.

DevOps, Scrum, Testing and dedication to customer satisfaction might help too.

For the time I play EU I have never noticed an update without problems. Since Ma has no real competitor, I don't think they have such high feature-pressure that they have to release without time for testing.

Regarding support I can say, that in 90% of the tickets I create I get copy & pasted messages and I can most of the time answer my tickets by myself.

MM

I've had long outstanding tickets that went unreplied for months. I just waited and waited and a soc member asked if I sent a new message for the same issue....nope, never tried that. I just retyped a new ticket, explained my problem, referenced the old ticket number and told them I was looking for an update. The response went along the lines of "oh, that, yadaayadaayadaaa" and shortly had my issue resolved. I'm paraphrasing here, but the sense I got was that they must have hundreds if not thousands of "pending" issues they have set aside and need a fresh reminder, IMO.

When I needed a reader or card replacement I just went to the caly site and just ordered a new one. Shipping took like a week. Done deal no waiting on support.

I had one on cyrene from march of last year never got any response so I closed it on it's anniversary this year.

wish this was not the norm however I have had support tickets opened for years! (seriously opened one way back when there was problems with a bot even in 2014 and it is still opened!!!)

Hope someday they will look at this.

cheers.

open a ticket under the deposit tag and they respond within the day, the company is becoming abit of a joke tbh.

Meanwhile, someone else with the exact same problem gets his reply and solution in 2 days wait....

attachment.php

Attachments

• ALHBQTP.jpg
    ALHBQTP.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 0
i have a support case open from september 15 regarding the lost key value of aakas 04 instance. i wanted my money for the key back (the MU) and the average ammo spend so far, as aakas 04 was bugged because the door after that long cave way wasnt opening due to a bug... so a lot of wasted ammo for nothing. no answer on that one.

People bitching about the Google Authenticator being unsecure...
:laugh:

i have a support case open from september 15 regarding the lost key value of aakas 04 instance. i wanted my money for the key back (the MU) and the average ammo spend so far, as aakas 04 was bugged because the door after that long cave way wasnt opening due to a bug... so a lot of wasted ammo for nothing. no answer on that one.

I also have an unanswered support ticket for this very same issue. I have been waiting about 5 months and still no response

Created Updated State

2014-05-16 02:09:13 2014-06-19 10:57:02 Open

My support case is also from aakas, lost key value and ammos because falling under ground constantly inside
instance and died fall dmg.
There wasnt any way to go past that spot where fall under ground so had to just leave from instance.
Soon this case has 2 years birthday, maybe have to throw some party.

Re. Aakas 4: There was a specific problem with a specific solution. If these cases remain unanswered still, then likely there is a communication problem between support central and planet partner. It is probably not the same issue most are dealing with here.

Has anyone tried to contact the Arkadia devs on their forum? They are quite easy to get in touch with and open to amicable solutions. Have a look what's been written about this already or ask the residents for some pointers.

Back