Question: main building upgrade level 5

Me Really Never

Stalker
Banned
wtf upgrading the main building to level 5 NEEDS 100 gems to upgrade. if the next stages have the same that makes the game pretty much pay to win. a concept that wont stand long if they wanne keep that up. anyone else finds this highly disturbing?

wtf upgrading the main building to level 5 NEEDS 100 gems to upgrade. if the next stages have the same that makes the game pretty much pay to win. a concept that wont stand long if they wanne keep that up. anyone else finds this highly disturbing?

I think you can earn some gems with missions though?

Depends how easy/hard is to aquire gems in the final game

well i had 1 mission that gave 3 gems. and this is not repeatable. at least not for me so far... you sometimes get a few by defending a raid or winning ped fights but last one is basically like buying them so quite a pay to win concept...

now i just won a 5 ped battle with a 3 star rating and i didnt win anything. it didnt even show anything as price lol... nothing changed

We did start with 100 gems, I think, so maybe it's wise to save those for getting the residence up. It's pretty normal in apps for gems to be required for higher lvls anyway, and we're all playing through way way faster than would normally be possible thanks to the limit on forest battles currently being removed. I wouldn't be surprised if the gem gain to progress ratio is different once that's back in place. Admittedly I used my gems to speed some other stuff up so I've now got to work for some more. While testing that's just part of the journey though.

Diamonds can currently be gained through successfully raiding or defending against a raid, some quests and fighting in the Arena. Winning battles for gold in Arena has a chance to reward diamonds, winning battles for PED have a greater chance for diamonds. When battling for PED in Arena the loser also has a small chance to get diamonds.

The amount of diamonds players get from these sources will be tweaked over time. Currently not many quests award diamonds.

yup i got 2gems while asleep been attacked by a raid
so i lost the raid and got 2gems, probably more gems if i had won

I have earned gems from missions and raids.

Diamonds can currently be gained through successfully raiding or defending against a raid, some quests and fighting in the Arena. Winning battles for gold in Arena has a chance to reward diamonds, winning battles for PED have a greater chance for diamonds. When battling for PED in Arena the loser also has a small chance to get diamonds.

The amount of diamonds players get from these sources will be tweaked over time. Currently not many quests award diamonds.

Thanks for information, although why have so high requirements for upgrades when you want us to test the beta? I mean the betaperiod is not long enough to reach the higher levels at this point so, or at least not everyone have the time and effort to do that.

I guess you want us to test the lower levels of the game, since in full release it will take a long time to reach the higher? Although would that not lead to exploits or bugs not being detected in the higher levels for the full release? :confused:

Thanks for information, although why have so high requirements for upgrades when you want us to test the beta? I mean the betaperiod is not long enough to reach the higher levels at this point so, or at least not everyone have the time and effort to do that.

I guess you want us to test the lower levels of the game, since in full release it will take a long time to reach the higher? Although would that not lead to exploits or bugs not being detected in the higher levels for the full release? :confused:

We will alter the progression mechanics slightly between test seasons in order to test different game levels.

I was surprised to see that i needed 100 gems to start construction of the level 5 town hall, only had 66 left.

Did a couple of rounds of the arena, earned nearly 50 peds, so just went to the store and bought the gems i needed, and now it's nearly built:)

It is' kinda frustrating not to see how much resources you need to collect to build the next level, and I'm not sure what the point is of keeping that secret?

still having lots of fun:)

It is' kinda frustrating not to see how much resources you need to collect to build the next level, and I'm not sure what the point is of keeping that secret?

Well that´s quite obvious isn´t it? The point of keeping it secret is to have people spend their resources prior to the upgrade and then have them purchase more resources when they realize they need them to progress :) Simply a way to increase revenue.

They remove the damn gem requirement, literally hours after I spend 100 gems...

Last edited:
They remove the damn gem requirement, literally hours after I spend 100 gems... That's a fucking piss off.

Good thing it is beta and it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I would expect they reset everyone in a week or two back to 0 after doing some balancing changes to see how the new balance works out.

This is what beta testing is. Doing stuff over and over testing finding issues fixing them and then retesting.

Good thing it is beta and it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I would expect they reset everyone in a week or two back to 0 after doing some balancing changes to see how the new balance works out.

This is what beta testing is. Doing stuff over and over testing finding issues fixing them and then retesting.

I am just mad because I am trying to rack up PED and I spent 10 on gems :p. But in all honesty I can't wait for each reset. Just hope ped carries through like the email implies. But I think its just bad grammar and they mean you only keep the 100...

I am just mad because I am trying to rack up PED and I spent 10 on gems :p. But in all honesty I can't wait for each reset. Just hope ped carries through like the email implies. But I think its just bad grammar and they mean you only keep the 100...

From what I understand of the original email with download links and what I picked up in other discussions only 100 PED will be able to be kept to come through into the released game if you owned compet deeds prior to beta release.

Back