Help: Arkadia Trader Just Starting Out

CharlieBuchanan

Guardian
Hey all,

I want to test the waters of trading and start trading on Arkadia. I never see any traders here and I think having another one (of the few) would help some of the players.

I will buy ores/enmatters, hides, wools, oils, fruit, stones, dung, and sweat.

What I wanted to post on here for was if anyone had a spreadsheet or tips/guidance on how to keep track of everything and maybe some tips on how you figure out how much to charge.

Also, if there are items I'm missing out on buying, I'm not really sure what kinds of things to look for other than what is listed above for reselling on Arkadia as I am a Calypso native and only been on Ark for about 3 months or so.

Cheers

Thank god, please do that, i'll be a regular seller if you start, hides wools and oils is all i need to sell !!

Do it

Charlie,

There is a trader on twins I prefer his name is darkstorm. He has a website with his prices so its very easy and fair for the seller. Cause of this I have a ton of respect for him as he is very transparent.

Maybe if you find him at twins check out his website and look at that to go off by for a start?

Cheers and good luck!

Thanks for the replies guys. I know who you're talking about. Do you know if Dark storm's site has Arkadia stuff too? I suppose I'll find out.

Thanks for the replies guys. I know who you're talking about. Do you know if Dark storm's site has Arkadia stuff too? I suppose I'll find out.

sorry i dont think it does

I can see you having a lot of supply and minimal demand ;) Unless you're planning on exporting goods to Calypso, then I would set about negotiating favourable rates with a mothership owner :)

Good luck though, it'd be useful to have more (semi)functioning economies elsewhere than Calypso.

Hunter here (hides, wools, oils, paints). When I (briefly) tried out trading, I worked out a formula based on % of markup - I bought at (((mv-100)/2)+100)% and sold a little under mv% (to thank people for not making me pay auction fees). The reason my trading experiment bit it is, I never got my listing page finished and published. All good, I'm a hunter not a trader anyway.

[EDIT]: PS, I'm based on Arkadia

Arkadia dies a lot at during nights (US time zones). Depending on the time zone, might not be worth it. Even in the day for US time zones, there aren't a whole lot of people

Definitely need more traders on Ark. For most big grinders the warp back is well worth it since the current Ark economy has nothing to offer aside from an unbearably slow auction and a few resellers that can't offer competitive rates to the resellers on Caly.

My advice for pricing on high MU stuff is to examine the markup graphs. The Arkadia auction is very unpredictable. Wenrex can be at 170% - 190% in the same day for example. All depends on how many crafters are on Ark and how desperate they are. Volatility is the name of the game so you need to price with that in mind.

When it comes to the non-Arkadia specific goods you are best off gathering huge bulk and moving it to Caly for sale. However bear in mind there are some exceptions like Lysterium or Mind Essence which actually tend to sell better on Arkadia (in terms of markup, not necessarily demand).

Good luck and feel free to PM me in game if you want to pick my brain on pricing of mining loot :cool:

My advice for pricing on high MU stuff is to examine the markup graphs. The Arkadia auction is very unpredictable. Wenrex can be at 170% - 190% in the same day for example. All depends on how many crafters are on Ark and how desperate they are. Volatility is the name of the game so you need to price with that in
Go by weekly

Charlie: I've been producing 3 items which are in demand, but which sell seldom enough that the auction is useless for them:

- Fuel Cells
- Long Screws
- Ball Bearings

I also usually have stacks of the following items for sale:
- Thin Wool
- Animal Muscle Oil (which I auction successfully)
- Tier I Component
- Ospra
- Kaz
- Hydrogen (which I auction successfully)
I do eventually use all mined products I loot and/or buy. I am not buying at this time (except arkoins below mu%)

Charlie, sounds excellent - I will be happy to sell to you :)

Back