Mojo & Endurance combo imbalance

XarcX

Old Alpha
Xarcx XarcX Seras
I have done some arena fights and meet several different pets now. I noticed that one combination of attributes is pretty much broken right now and it is Mojo and endurance, especially if endurance is extremely high on a defensive creature.

The problem with this is that these pets can just turtle away since they have so much damage resistance and heal/cure has too low cooldown and cost so they can regain mana when turtling. This makes them more or less immortal til the stamina runs out and win by stamina drain.

As stated I believe the problem do not lie in these attributes, but more the cooldown of heal+cure and the ability shield. Another thing is that ferocity only increase crit chance and not damage of different abilities. There is no way to KO this kind of combination. If you have lower endurance you might just give up at the start. For reference see "Thomas Short-tail" in forest, he is beatable, but only because it is an AI.

There is an ability to remove the shield. I have had great success against these people using a heavy offense set up and the shield break. I also never worry about initiatives and instead make mojo the primary stat using a balanced pet. I regen the same amount of mama but the spells I use cost less so they run out of mama and I just keep beating on them until they die. All that being said I have only tested it at the range of 7-11 levels as those are most active. The only time I run into trouble is with a level 11 but that's for obvious reasons since they are 2 levels higher which is a big deal at low levels.

Additionally the damage over time spells go nicely past the shield and if you use lvl3 offensive spells you will do good damage even past the shield if you decide to not remove it with body slam.
There is also a level4 spell called Bash which stuns a pet for 2 turns - if you time it right it can be a good way to crack a turtle open.
So far i have been able to overcome any build with the right setup, but of course not every build is made to defeat all others - i like the fact that you need to grow a variety of pets to have alternative solutions when facing your own pets nemesis.

Back