Info: ComPet FAQ

E

Edgehog|ComPet

ComPet FAQ
Q: Is the email that I link with my ComPet account the same as the one I have in Entropia Universe?
A: Accounts from Entropia Universe are not pre-registered with ComPet accounts. You can use the same email, but you need to link that email to the ComPet account and add a password. This password need not be the same as your Entropia Universe account password. You link your email by tapping on the settings icon in the game, where you will find the “Link account” option.

Q: Why can’t I log in using my Entropia Universe account?
A: Accounts from Entropia Universe are not pre-registered with ComPet accounts. You can use the same email, but you need to link that email to the ComPet account and add a password. This password need not be the same as your Entropia Universe account password. You link your email by tapping on the settings icon in the game, where you will find the “Link account” option.

Q: What are the rules for the password?
A: The password should contain latin symbols or numbers, 1 uppercase letter and have the length of 5-14 characters.

Q: I haven't received an email giving me the necessary information on the Beta. How do I participate in the Beta?
A: Send an email to support@competgame.com with the email address that you have registered in Entropia Universe. If you had ComPet deeds by the start of the Beta period, we will send you the information needed.

Q: I did that, still nothing. What do I do now?
A: If you still haven't received your email please send an email to support@competgame.com and we will help you out.

Q: When will there be an iOS version of ComPet?
A: There will be no iOS version of ComPet in the Beta phase. When Compet passes the Beta phase MindArk will file for iOS approval.

Q: Is the server down or what?
A: We will experience server disturbance during the Beta period. This is normal since we are tuning and developing the game experience and capacity. We hope that this will be acceptable.

Q: Where can I find answers to my questions regarding the Compet Beta?
A: Discuss and ask questions about the ComPet Beta here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?263-ComPet-Beta-Feedback
OR
Tap the “Settings” icon in the app. There you will find "Help & Support" where you can “Send debug log”, “Leave feedback” or “Contact us”.

Q: Where can I discuss the ComPet Beta?
A: Discuss and ask questions about ComPet here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?263-ComPet-Beta-Feedback

Q: If I need help or support, what do I do?
A: Tap the “Settings” icon in the app. There you will find "Help & Support".
You can use this option to leave feedback or send support questions. We see that many players are helping each other out on the forum as well. Please find the ComPet forum threads here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?263-ComPet-Beta-Feedback

Q: I have read about the 100 PED for CPD owners. I’ve Registered and linked my email, but I haven’t received anything.
A: When you create your account you will receive 100 PED of inventory value:
20 PED in “cash”
80 PED in 16 Battle packs worth 5 PED each.
ComPet Deed Holders entering the Beta will keep these 100 PED when the accounts are reset.

Q: Where do I submit feedback/bug reports?
Q: I have tried to run the Compet Beta on my computer running windows 10 and it crashes. Any help?
Q: Where do I turn if I need technical help?
A: Tap the “Settings” icon in the app. There you will find "Help & Support" where you can “Send debug log”, “Leave feedback” or “Contact us”.

Q: I get the pop-up message “The game is waiting for a response from the server. Use Wi-Fi for better connection”.
Q: I get the pop-up message “Please check your internet connection and try connecting to the game server again”.
A: During the Beta period there will be connection issues and server instabilities. This is one of the main reasons for the Beta. We need to push the number of clients in order to stress communication and server stability. When problems are identified we will correct them and deploy new releases; approximately once a week.

Q: I tried to make a payment to get more PED but it was declined. Why?
A: During the first Beta period we have not enabled payment systems. The Beta period is focused on testing the basic features and stability. Once these elements have been fully tested we will enable the complete feature set and allow payments.

Q: Please help I forgot my ComPet password. Where is the password recovery option?
A: We are currently working on a solution for this.

Q: Is it possible to change your username?
A: No. But if you have picked an unfortunate name like your real name or email address we may make an exception.

Q. Ped I earn during the beta period, can I keep it?

I bought a deed on auction after beta started so i guess i wont have access to the beta then, great that this info was posted AFTER i bought that deed, i would never bought it if i knew that

Q: I haven't received an email giving me the necessary information on the Beta. How do I participate in the Beta?
A: Send an email to support@competgame.com with the email address that you have registered in Entropia Universe. If you had ComPet deeds by the start of the Beta period, we will send you the information needed

I bought a deed on auction after beta started so i guess i wont have access to the beta then, great that this info was posted AFTER i bought that deed, i would never bought it if i knew that

If you have a mobile phone you can download the app from beta.competgame.com and it didn't ask me for an email or any login info.

Q: with my level 14 Furlock i allready battled against all Forest Creatures. Will there be more later on?

it should say regain, not keep. as in "when the game goes live, you regain the 100 PED you had at the start of beta. plus you lose all PED earned in beta (yes this can also be said in a more concise way, but I'm sick right now and can't think very well :()".

"keeping" the 100 PED would mean an entirely different thing. then again, there are still very obvious typos in the game too. if you need somebody to proofread the game, I'd happily volunteer. I'm very good at that kind of thing.

Q: Will there be any sort of unique items or pets that will be exclusive to Beta testers that will be kept after accounts are reset?

"Q: I have read about the 100 PED for CPD owners. I’ve Registered and linked my email, but I haven’t received anything.
20 PED in “cash”
ComPet Deed Holders entering the Beta will keep these 100 PED when the accounts are reset."

Hi,

after the last update I didn't got to the 100 ped anymore. Anyone whit this issue?

thanks,
mczimi

"Q: I have read about the 100 PED for CPD owners. I’ve Registered and linked my email, but I haven’t received anything.
20 PED in “cash”
ComPet Deed Holders entering the Beta will keep these 100 PED when the accounts are reset."

Hi,

after the last update I didn't got to the 100 ped anymore. Anyone whit this issue?

thanks,
mczimi

Nobody got it, they said they will get it worked out. As for me I would rather have 100 PED than battle packs. I mean let us choose what we want to use it for.

password

on the password issue that some people have when it says Latin letters and symbols the word symbols needs to be removed and numbers put in it's place symbols do not work

I think you really should go open beta now or pokemon go will kill compet before it even goes live

I think you really should go open beta now or pokemon go will kill compet before it even goes live

I don't understand how people can actually compare the two. Pokemon is a franchise that has been around for 20 years, with comics, movies, cartoons, toys, games etc. etc. With millions and millions of fans. Compet is a new game, with a couple of dozen fans from EU. Nowhere in your wildest dreams will it ever get even 1% of the players Pokemon gets.

Also it is my understanding it already is in open beta.

open beta

yep compet is in open beta yep compet started to late but just like farmville, pirates, mofia, and ton's of other games out there the hubbub of Pokemon go will slowly die down. Compet offers new characters, a different way to play then Pokemon go and the ability to battle in the arena.

yep compet is in open beta yep compet started to late but just like farmville, pirates, mofia, and ton's of other games out there the hubbub of Pokemon go will slowly die down. Compet offers new characters, a different way to play then Pokemon go and the ability to battle in the arena.

Yeah but battle with bigger nerds than me, I don't like that.
I preffer to battle with noobs to get a win from time to time.

I don't understand how people can actually compare the two. Pokemon is a franchise that has been around for 20 years, with comics, movies, cartoons, toys, games etc. etc. With millions and millions of fans. Compet is a new game, with a couple of dozen fans from EU. Nowhere in your wildest dreams will it ever get even 1% of the players Pokemon gets.

Also it is my understanding it already is in open beta.

cause it has nothing to do with content. it's enough the games are vaguely similar. it has to do with players' time being occupied. potential compet players (and that is not only entropia players!) will have already been caught in pokemon go. that's a fact

Back