<Removed Society Name> Scam?

The best policy in Entropia is to never lend, never borrow and never rent (unless you have collateral you would accept as a sales price in hand), Only buy or sell.

I'd rather have friends and risk being burned.

I've given away 1000's PEDs of stuff.. 99% of the time had it back. Been 'scammed' a few times, oh well. They're not my friends now, that's a bigger loss to them :)

Even the most expensive items/deeds in EU are not really worth that much in the grand scheme of things...

I am surprised you are having this problem with this particular person since he invest so much time in this community. Why would he damage his reputation for a deed?

No idea where this ends...

For me too, this point is the most difficult to understand... Ruining a good and old reputation, a wide channel with many people joining to hunt... Just for a deed.
I cannot choose what hurts me the most, feeling bad for a scammed friend, or having lost another friend I used to hunt with... Sad both ways.
It's still time to repair. And so easy to do it...

Last edited:
deactivated

Last edited:
Trust

You think that you know someone for years but you don't really know them until you lend them something big without a collateral. And unless you're writing a treatise on human behavior and need examples, the experiment is hardly worth it.

After 2 days of trying my soc member to lend me his booth deed for 5 min she did without collateral. Bought it for 6k and yet she have the deed back. Was testing if its bugged or not. Still is bugged and was bought in February.

Yes trust is an very hard asset to earn it in entropia universe, since MA wash their hands with simple " a trade is done" or whatever was their rule. Well i guess <Society name removed> will start "decay" in others trust. Problem is player is same but he can always change avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got booted from the group after asking about Sky Fire's scamming. I barely knew the dude but he always seemed sketchy with his rewards and "oversoc."

Too bad this happened.

Some people just never learn...

Sry to hear this. hopefully you get it back!

It's that moment where he was going, "I need collateral", to the moment he put the deed in trade and clicked through all the trade buttons, without the collateral! That is the brain activity ( or lack therof) that fascinates me.

He knew he needed the collateral, but did it anyway! Somehow the trust scammer knows they can short circuit the marks good judgement by establishing some base level of trust and sweet talking the mark through the transaction and before they realize what they did, then its too late, they have lost control.

We all have seen it happen so many times, we are aware, we know what to do and not do, yet it still happens even though everyone knows better.

Fascinating. :scratch2:

We all have seen it happen so many times, we are aware, we know what to do and not do, yet it still happens even though everyone knows better.

Fascinating. :scratch2:

A confidence trick (synonyms include confidence game, confidence scheme, scam and stratagem) is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their confidence, used in the classical sense of trust.

Confidence tricks exploit characteristics of the human psyche such as dishonesty, honesty, vanity, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, naïveté and greed.

And that is why you will continue to see history repeat itself.

Reactions: Mac
Good luck getting it sorted but to me the grammar says it all and what on earth is a complott?! :eek:

lol too funny. He has an Ad Screen in the Window. :eyecrazy:

<screenshot removed>

Good luck getting it sorted but to me the grammar says it all and what on earth is a complott?! :eek:

http://dict.leo.org/ende/index_de.h...oc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on

Often made mistake by Germans.

I'm afraid the evidence doesn't leave much room for interpretation anymore. Even if he had the intention of giving it back after the agreed rental period, this sort of power play is inacceptable. The reactions are immature and a clear sign someone went down the slippery slope and can't turn back. I am not getting a better impression from PM exchange in mother tongue. Very disappointing.

Last edited:
I just hope that he change his mind and return the deed to you. This type of thing happens too often. Worst is I would be in risk of done the same with someone like him

Is <removed> and Its Leader Scammers? You Decide! Read the Full Details <removed link to private chat>

Not sure if you did it or not, but you should send a support ticket (with chat logs etc) asap so MA could investigate it. Not that you would get the deed back, but maybe MA would take some action to discourage scamming.

Just Writing here on the forum may warn others, but it won't stop a scammer...

Oh..

Sorry to hear this happened Avalon.
I see that {removed} name has a account on here if you need to message them or possibly they can reply?:scratch2:

Avalon can you send me pls, the Link with the Site, it was with chatlog and pictures. I want save it and give it other People, that the now about <name removed>, that has scam you... Thx and sry for you...

Subscribing to this thread.

Avalon can you send me pls, the Link with the Site, it was with chatlog and pictures. I want save it and give it other People, that the now about <name removed>, that has scam you... Thx and sry for you...

i think its the same site that is listed on the display in that shop pic.

Compile all the evidence you have and send it to ma, wile it is highly unlikely you will get you're item back the avatar will get locked with said item. If you can't get the item back at least stop them from profiting off of the sale of said shop.

Quite clearly this was not a sale or a trade - no consideration passed hands. At the best it was a gift but if you look at the intent of Avalon you can see it was not a gift. MA should step in and return the deed.

Quite clearly this was not a sale or a trade - no consideration passed hands. At the best it was a gift but if you look at the intent of Avalon you can see it was not a gift. MA should step in and return the deed.

All trades are final for a reason. In all cases where trades take place between two avatars there is slight possibility that some out of game agreement was reached. For example i lend shop from my friend, have few beers in real life, make a bet about football, he loses, i keep the shop, he starts asking it back in game like it never happened. MA cant take sides.

There have been cases where trades were reversed (but in those cases MA was one of the sides and they can be certain that they havent done anything out of the game).

About this case i agree, that OP has been scammed and all , but just if MA reverses this trade i would also ask them to reverse trades from the past which i didnt report because official rules were :"All trades are final" and i didnt see any point in this.
The scammer in this case has 12 900 ped total loot (12 300 from crafting and most in 2014) according to EntropiaLife so he is not even wellknown player ( i hadnt heard about her ever before or this soc of her)..

All trades are final, are scammers are scum, there is no better way to deal with it than asking collateral even for "1 hour" loans.

The scammer in this case has 12 900 ped total loot (12 300 from crafting and most in 2014) according to EntropiaLife so he is not even wellknown player ( i hadnt heard about her ever before or this soc of her)..

i noticed that if you search #investment and click the bottom in the list (http://www.entropialife.com/Profile.aspx?M=LargestGlobals&P=327091), they have 33k hunting loot, so that probably explains the lack of actively on their personal page.

i had heard the name before, i'm not sure why or where but the name sounded familar, probably a part of the rookie trolls or something

i can confirm this guy was also tricking noobs with fishy team settings on proteron at least once

(damage decides team, and instructing noobs to use unamped tt guns only)

and again it seems that the PCF forum rules are protecting the wrong guys, while rather leaving those in the dark, that could be the next victims (#1 reason why i hate this forum)

wtg! :banghead:

i can confirm this guy was also tricking noobs with fishy team settings on proteron at least once

(damage decides team, and instructing noobs to use unamped tt guns only)

and again it seems that the PCF forum rules are protecting the wrong guys, while rather leaving those in the dark, that could be the next victims (#1 reason why i hate this forum)

wtg! :banghead:

moderator.jpg

The rule 2.13 that prohibits naming and shaming is not in place to protect scammers. It's in place to protect those who are honest. There was a time where naming and shaming was allowed. Sadly it came to the point where the actual scammers where pointing out honest and good people for being scammers and using this as blackmailing. Allowing naming and shaming did more harm than good, hence it was decided that this forum is NOT the place for calling out scammers.

You may also read the

Rationale for forum rule 2.13 - Scamming Accusation

here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...onale-for-forum-rule-2-13-Scamming-Accusation

Back