<Removed Society Name> Scam?

i can confirm this guy was also tricking noobs with fishy team settings on proteron at least once

(damage decides team, and instructing noobs to use unamped tt guns only)

and again it seems that the PCF forum rules are protecting the wrong guys, while rather leaving those in the dark, that could be the next victims (#1 reason why i hate this forum)

wtg! :banghead:

It's very black and white to say the rules are protecting scammers. There is a lot of good reasons the rule is there. Besides. Nothing prevents you from getting the name through a private message

I'm shocked. You say again and again you need cld collateral and then trade the deed in hope you'll get the cld an hour later, this makes no sense at all.

Maybe he'll give the shop back in 3 month, but I wouldn't count on it.

I am still hoping that this will be the case. This player will give back the shop along with rent payment. Although given the rep damage he has done to himself, he will not be able to see a fair estimated revenue - which is what the loan intended. Best to do is hand over the shop now with prorated rent and save some rep.

And to my buddies who always ask why I do not trust them to hold my deed or any other item of value THIS IS WHY:wise:. Although I had no problem having Avalon hold my booth to help me see what was wrong with it I will probably never trust anyone like that again.

I am still hoping that this will be the case. This player will give back the shop along with rent payment. Although given the rep damage he has done to himself, he will not be able to see a fair estimated revenue - which is what the loan intended. Best to do is hand over the shop now with prorated rent and save some rep.

And to my buddies who always ask why I do not trust them to hold my deed or any other item of value THIS IS WHY:wise:. Although I had no problem having Avalon hold my booth to help me see what was wrong with it I will probably never trust anyone like that again.

And yet i did give ur deed back.

Is <removed> and Its Leader Scammers? You Decide! Read the Full Details <removed link to private chat>

Thanks Serica for doing your Job moderating our Forum.
Anyone wanting full details can Read #trade & #calytrade channels, Ad Screens or PM me in game.

Has your shop deed been returned ?

deactivated

Last edited:
Re

Hi.

Just read the first message. Sorry i'm french, have a bad english.

I "was" a scammer, if you can trust that someone can change. The best scam is when you DON'T SHOW your target what you're. You can give him peds, give him expansive items. Then he will give something rly big, worth thousands dollar, then scam.

I did this in game, was a thief in RL too. Now, when i "play", i do it alone, always paying before, always giving collateral.

Your best virtual friend can be your best ennemy too ..

The only thing that can change these people is prison for a while. A thief ingame is a thief in RL, don't worry he'll get caught one day.

Thanks for reading.

Today Marks 30 days since the initial incident.
MA nor Avatar has replied to SC or PMs.

deactivated

Last edited:
61 Days.
No reply from MA nor the "Avatar"

I told my soc members to avoid contact with any member of this society. Since their leader is clearly a scammer.

I told my soc members to avoid contact with any member of this society. Since their leader is clearly a scammer.

Hard to place them all in a box, a lot of them came after this episode and are unaware or not interested in taking a part

Who is going to be the first to create a society named 'Removed'? :dunce:

I don't think it's Mindarks job to solve this...remember all trades are final...and that's there for a reason. Think of all the support cases they would get claiming the trade wasn't fair if they didn't have this rule...you think support times are bad now!

I get that this isn't the best situation and indeed seems genuine that you were scammed, however the trade was accepted with no collateral and so it is up to you and the avatar you traded with to resolve this....not Mindark.

Thanks Darth Revan for the inspiring words. :)

Well Its been over 3 months now. No reply from MA not even a "It Sucks" Reply. lol
Seems the Avatars account has been locked not sure if its due to this scam or others he had attempted after this one. Still kind of hopeful to see if the deed is returned but who knows yet the end result.

Ahh we all learn even though sometimes its the hard way. :(

Well its been 6 months now since this happened.
No Reply from MA Support, Avatars Account seems to be locked for at least 2 months.

At this point seems the only one responsible is MA.
I mean they can transfer this deed back but haven't.

Hmm.. Maybe I will check back next year sometime.

~A.

Well its been 6 months now since this happened.
(...)Avatars Account seems to be locked for at least 2 months.
(...) I mean they can transfer this deed back but haven't.

It's the standard routine when it comes to scams: MA can lock scammers, but won't return scammed items. I think it says pretty clear in the EULA.

The worst part in all of this is that scammer had started up a decent noob community with his chat channel and concept. Too bad that his greed ruined it all

It's the standard routine when it comes to scams: MA can lock scammers, but won't return scammed items. I think it says pretty clear in the EULA.

Not the point, a reply from MA with be great.
Even the President of VR should look at some issues if they have value.
After all what is the point of having either if you don't have someone to represent you.

~AvalonRychmon

All trades are final for a reason. In all cases where trades take place between two avatars there is slight possibility that some out of game agreement was reached. For example i lend shop from my friend, have few beers in real life, make a bet about football, he loses, i keep the shop, he starts asking it back in game like it never happened. MA cant take sides.

All trades ingame are supposed to be through the trade window. Theoretically, MA could roll back a trade if there has been any technical problem with the servers, or they could lock the "buyer" if the "seller" has gotten the item through scamming - esppecially if the trade, from MA's Point of view - looks like a gift rather than a legitimate trade.

But on the other hand, if trades are reversed at players' will, then people might start to want trade reversed because they one day sold sweat at 2 ped/k and next day got an offer for 3 ped/k.

over one year later...

So, here we are over one year later. Avalon2, can you give us an update?

So, here we are over one year later. Avalon2, can you give us an update?

I have repeatedly asked for a response from MA on this matter.
As of now I have never received any response.

The Avatar in question was banned about a week after this happened so his account has now been locked for over a year as well.

-Avalon.

I have repeatedly asked for a response from MA on this matter.
As of now I have never received any response.

The Avatar in question was banned about a week after this happened so his account has now been locked for over a year as well.

-Avalon.

Dont give up... That he have been banned should mean something... That shop has no use in Mindarks hand.

Crossing fingers for you to have it returned

Also consider calling mindark about it

Sigh. You should have turned to real authorities from the start. Makes it much easier for MindArk, too.

My support case was closed today

Created 2016-05-20 00:22:56
Closed 2017-06-30 20:57:55

Never received any acknowledgement to the case.

I mean, I hated it just as much ending up with egg on my face after having endorsed his group. He had something going that was much fun while it lasted, why did he have to destroy it all. Stupid, stupid boy.

For your criminal case, MA is not the authority to ultimately rule. Real money, you need the real police. MA's role is as a witness then, once a proper investigation is opened. Man, we had this a couple times around here with sufficient money involved to justify the effort and the shockwaves to think everybody would learn from it. Why people invest so much money, but can't get themselves to act when things go wrong?

Why people invest so much money, but can't get themselves to act when things go wrong?

Currently where I stand I have no clue how to proceed. I am not a lawyer or in law enforcement.
I am in the US not Sweden, MA didnt reply so who do I file a complaint against?

The simplest thing in my mind is for someone from MA to review the chat logs and the complaint and return the property. Personally I don't see how going through a legal battle in multiple countries could be simpler or make more sense.

-Avalon.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
Currently where I stand I have no clue how to proceed. I am not a lawyer or in law enforcement.
I am in the US not Sweden, MA didnt reply so who do I file a complaint against?

Sorry, for some reason I had it stuck in my mind you're in UK. Collaboration works okay within Europe nowadays, but I don't see why not with the US, too. This isn't the first time such a thing happens and someone needs authorities on the other side. I'm not a lawyer, either. Just keep wondering -- it is really plain and logical. Your opponent is another player, not MA. We had this before here on the forum several times. It is always controversial for MA to reverse a trade on their own and they are not at all obliged to do so. The person who stole or tricked you out of your property is the one to file a complaint against. Exactly where, okay that's the part to figure out. You're in US, the other one in Germany (afaik), the venue where it happened is in Sweden even if technically a VR. I would have at least contacted the Swedish police and asked them to advise. This doesn't cost anything and you don't need a lawyer. Just like talking to your local police and making a report. This should lead to them opening a criminal investigation. MA would be asked for data, first to identify the opponent and then all the evidence. They have to comply with requests from authorities. It is unpleasant for everybody, but this is the most efficient way for all involved, including MA.

Only thing I don't know... all this should have happened a year ago. And it was said back then loud and louder, as another case was still fresh. Don't listen to the bullies who keep condescending, swallow it up, you made a mistake and "all trades are final". They are final in the sense that MA cannot be forced to act just because someone is calling on them. The exceptions they made have gotten them in a quagmire every time and it's quite understandable that they are disinclined to respond. But this is real money, hence real law applies. The laws cover trick theft and deliberate exploitation of mistakes. There are proper ways to get it applied.

Call??

-Avalon

Its worth a shot... There is some people in here who knows the number to them. You should call and ask about it, and no matter what you're in your full right to complain about having no answers to your case

Back