It's been a while...

JRD

Hatchling
Society
Freelancer
JRD
Hey fellow colonists,
It has been a while since I have logged into EU. It has even been longer since I set foot on Calypso! I see many changes, some very welcome and some will take me a while to get used to. I was born on Calypso about 10 yrs ago but some other MMO caught my eye, resulting in a very long break. I missed EU for all that time, missing the long runs, the getting to know your preys, the landscape and the loneliness! So here I am, back again and enjoying it to the fullest. Except for one thing... I am not able to find a lot of up to date documentation. I cannot find a Calypso (mob) map that is still accurate. All the websites that used to be a big help seemed to have disappeared or are no longer maintained. This makes it hard to find the right spots to hunt, TP's or to get missions/mission brokers. Am I missing some website, wiki or forum? Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I would be thankful if someone could point me in the right direction!

Last edited:
Welcome back to EU. I mainly use Entropedia even though it lacks some updating, but I think we have something even better now, the Rookie channel and all the planet chat channels. I havent seen any question asked there which isnt quite rapidly answered. For challenges just add every possible iron mission and you can do missions for several life times. There is no comprehensive mob map that I know of for Calypso with accurate coords. Actually better covered on the small planets by individual efforts. People driving up and down their fav planet collecting data. All the awesome auction data sites are dysfunctional.

But I think Entropedia will get you quite far from start at least.

Welcome back to EU. I mainly use Entropedia even though it lacks some updating, but I think we have something even better now, the Rookie channel and all the planet chat channels. I havent seen any question asked there which isnt quite rapidly answered. For challenges just add every possible iron mission and you can do missions for several life times. There is no comprehensive mob map that I know of for Calypso with accurate coords. Actually better covered on the small planets by individual efforts. People driving up and down their fav planet collecting data. All the awesome auction data sites are dysfunctional.

But I think Entropedia will get you quite far from start at least.

Ty for your response. I did see that Rookie channel and I will be making more use of it. I did get every Iron Mission indeed, that seemed wise coz I travel a lot to find TP's and need to kill mobs in my way. Maybe there is some way I can contribute by adding data to some website? I would rather be a do-er then a complainer :)

Ty for your response. I did see that Rookie channel and I will be making more use of it. I did get every Iron Mission indeed, that seemed wise coz I travel a lot to find TP's and need to kill mobs in my way. Maybe there is some way I can contribute by adding data to some website? I would rather be a do-er then a complainer :)

Welcome back! :)

The creatures section is fairly up-to-date. This is where you can contribute as well if you have fresh data.

Here's a list with tps if you need one along with information about recent changes.

The lack of good maps has been a problem for quite a while now. :(

Welcome back! :)

The creatures section is fairly up-to-date. This is where you can contribute as well if you have fresh data.

Here's a list with tps if you need one along with information about recent changes.

The lack of good maps has been a problem for quite a while now. :(

Thank you, I will try to contribute there as much as I can! And that list is very welcome! I am amazed how many TP's I don't have on my map yet. I much look forward to old school TP runs... wind in my hair, mobs on the lure ;)

Lots of info is out of date and unfortunately we don't have a platform which is (as) useful as the old wiki, as it has become so bloated with the amount of information it has in it.

If I were you, I'd do a few things -

- TP co-ords are accurate on the wiki, so grab all of those.
- Buy a Quad, VTOL, or Helicopter and map out mainland Eudoria... there's a lot of spawns on the mainland now which will cover 90% of the Iron challenges. It's better in my opinion to visit them all yourself, as you'll remember the locations better (or can write them down).
- Make sure to search for a mission list here on the forum - there are plenty of "noob" missions which give little bits of skills, a few items, locations and attributes. Well worthwhile doing them, you'll also see some of the sights and new features this way.
- Find the iron challenge mission guide again here on the forum, and work your way up. It's pretty easy to progress naturally now (there are no brick walls like the old game where you got stuck at hunting a certain mob).

This is what I did when I returned... served me well.

Plus, I'd find an active soc and use their help too.

Lots of info is out of date and unfortunately we don't have a platform which is (as) useful as the old wiki, as it has become so bloated with the amount of information it has in it.

If I were you, I'd do a few things -

- TP co-ords are accurate on the wiki, so grab all of those.
- Buy a Quad, VTOL, or Helicopter and map out mainland Eudoria... there's a lot of spawns on the mainland now which will cover 90% of the Iron challenges. It's better in my opinion to visit them all yourself, as you'll remember the locations better (or can write them down).
- Make sure to search for a mission list here on the forum - there are plenty of "noob" missions which give little bits of skills, a few items, locations and attributes. Well worthwhile doing them, you'll also see some of the sights and new features this way.
- Find the iron challenge mission guide again here on the forum, and work your way up. It's pretty easy to progress naturally now (there are no brick walls like the old game where you got stuck at hunting a certain mob).

This is what I did when I returned... served me well.

Plus, I'd find an active soc and use their help too.

Ty for all this great advice! I do have transportation, I even fly in space sometimes if I need to visit another planet. That's how I got on Arkadia, where you can find your way around more easily as the documentation for that planet is more up to date. After Arkadia I stopped playing for a long time and setting foot on Calypso made me feel very lost as, as you say, info is scattered and outdated. I am very happy to find this forum has much more helpful information then I at first realized! And many helpful ppl :)
I did start doing the noob missions, for skills but also to re-discover Calypso and I am having fun doing this. And yes, I plan to go from TP to TP and see the sights, find mob spawns and make notes of those locations. The noob missions are also great to even my skills a bit, so no minute is wasted ;-P I also found the new sweat area at Royal Club 2 days ago, slowly I start to feel at home again!
I have also found this map:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/images/eudoria_mobmap_vu14.jpg

I don't know if it is still good to use but it has been some help anyway so maybe some other colonist will also find it helpful.

Back