Entropia Universe 15.8.6 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Fixed Issues

• Fixed an issue causing password recovery to not work.
  • Fixed an issue causing the client to not start in some situations.
  • Fixed an issue causing the shader cache to not be cleared during an update.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

add for next week
Fixed an issue causing "select target" function to be used as cheat and no one shoot in pvp4.
thanks

The removal of the "Clear Shader Cache" button appears to be the only noticeable change. My inventory icons are still partially invisible in low graphics settings. Setting to high brings up most of them, but not all. Reverting to low makes them gone again the next time inventory is opened.

If setting graphics quality to high is required for playing now, it can as well be removed, because if the computer is capable of running the game smoothly at higher settings, lower ones are not needed. If this is development policy, please make a timely announcement so we can prepare for needing better hardware.

What I find funny and don't understand is, the troubles affect widgets and UI elements which logically aren't part of the high-performance stuff. The game is playable remarkably well on non-dedicated hardware and the overhaul last week has even brought another performance boost to the 3D engine, but widgets and UI elements are suffering and keep getting worse with every update it seems.

Is someone there getting over-ambitious? Icons are traditionally flat and immutable and should not be affected in any way by this, just like widgets and text elements. It's always been primitive, but it works, everybody is used to it and it's not likely that many asked for it to change. There is no need to do this. Really. There are more important issues and long-standing bugs to fix.

the biggest issue i find with EU graphics is the poor optimisation, i use a i7 4790K, 16GB Ram with a Geoforce 970, while i can run reasonable on Very High, some areas are so badly optimised i can end up with massive fps drops. Yet 2016 games can be run on Ultra and guarentee at least 30fps

The removal of the "Clear Shader Cache" button appears to be the only noticeable change. My inventory icons are still partially invisible in low graphics settings. Setting to high brings up most of them, but not all. Reverting to low makes them gone again the next time inventory is opened.

If setting graphics quality to high is required for playing now, it can as well be removed, because if the computer is capable of running the game smoothly at higher settings, lower ones are not needed. If this is development policy, please make a timely announcement so we can prepare for needing better hardware.

What I find funny and don't understand is, the troubles affect widgets and UI elements which logically aren't part of the high-performance stuff. The game is playable remarkably well on non-dedicated hardware and the overhaul last week has even brought another performance boost to the 3D engine, but widgets and UI elements are suffering and keep getting worse with every update it seems.

Is someone there getting over-ambitious? Icons are traditionally flat and immutable and should not be affected in any way by this, just like widgets and text elements. It's always been primitive, but it works, everybody is used to it and it's not likely that many asked for it to change. There is no need to do this. Really. There are more important issues and long-standing bugs to fix.

The icons and inventory objects are rendered from the actual object and not created as separate flat images that is why we see this issue.

since i play on low graphics, the busted icons issue has been a real pain in the ass for me

Welcome to MA, and their complete inability to code textures....lol (seriously, they need someone who knows what they are doing, everytime this happens in varying degrees, admittedly usually it is peoples clothes that are fracked.

Someone is society said, MA are ikea-programmers, quite accurate.

Rgds

Ace

The icons and inventory objects are rendered from the actual object and not created as separate flat images that is why we see this issue.

I surmised, and why I said that about being over-ambitious. Since viewing angle is fixed, this simply isn't necessary. Let it render once when a new object is created and store as image, which takes a few dozen to a few hundred bytes each, so probably a very few MB for the entire library. Almost negligible. Inventory loading time will also improve as a side effect.

Anyone else having some limited items actually appear as screenshots from the game? I have a Piron-0 (L) that is actually a 4x4 (of those blocks in inventory) screenshot of my character using a teleporter.....

since i play on low graphics, the busted icons issue has been a real pain in the ass for me

I prefer to play on low settings, I agree this sucks.

I play on maxed, and the icons are all screwed.

Don't matter what setting you put it on, either red x, components have a high bloom, so cant even tell what component it is, and to add insult to injury, after I sorted my inventory out last week, due to their cock up, they've fecked a load more up now, so some items look like a damn tp icon, not to mention guns with scopes on also screw up carried inventory, cuz it adds an extra column to it.

Wish they would stop f$%king things up, that don't need to be tweaked in the 1st place.

They should check out the skyui item interface for skyrim - text based with stats and only displays a render when it's selected.

Far easier to sort and find items and isn't affected by icons growing and shrinking.

For me it looks the same than after last VU, some items double the size and so on.

but with the new VU nothing changed.
I play complete on High settings, no motion blur

Update stuck on 95% of update bar.

I'd like an option to make Icons/inventory objects render *once*, the rendered Icon is stored on disk, and then it stays there until you explicitly decides to re-render the Icons. Alternatively, MA renders the Icons and store them together with the 3D data that is used for rendering; and in client options you chose if you want to use MAs pre-rendered Icons or if you want them rendered by the client. Possibly with exception of customized items that are to be rendered if they have been customized (colored/textured).

(I have wanted this since VU10...)

Another thing is it would be nice if items were rendered ingame in this order:
1) NPCs (so when you visit auctioneer in Twin peaks you don't have to wait for everyone else to render Before you see the auctioneer)
2) Mobs (especially boss mob) - good in case of busy events. Imagine 200 players and one hussk.
3) Other players
4) Vehicles
5) Pets

That way it doesn't take 10 minutes to open storage in Twin peaks after a VU, or each time you change a minor graphic option.

MA is going to keep "Fixing" things until the game in completely un-playable and never address the things that need fixing i.e. Weapon sounds, the icons in inventory that now take up 4 squares just to name a couple.

Mindark Prioritys scary me every vu

At a guess the missing icon problem stems from the system trying to get data from the cache which is out of date - the data files of EU were encrypted to prevent people stealing the models and accessing the data in the CE2 dev tools. So the client extracts what it needs and places it in the shader cache.

Clearing the shader cache should force the game client to extract the files again but it appears it doesn't always work. Sometimes it's because they've left the wrong link to the data fiies in the object or the system might be built to timeout within a few milliseconds to prevent the client from locking up but it results in the red crosses.

MA sucks. That is all.

i guess nearly noone understands why they are doing this. they could add some blueprints to make use of existing crap, instead they prefer to bug whatever around and lower their own (and their partners) income... :scratch2:

Anyone managed to find this feature from the previous VU, or they forgot to include it this time too?

Other
  • It is now possible to hide all user interfaces with the Hide-actions in the action library (Tracked missions, skill progress, pets, etc.).

minimum setting for X icons removal

Under ADVANCED option, Shading Quality must be Medium or higher.
Any thing else can be Safe Mode.

Reactions: San
I'm still having tons of issues with this update. Some of my stuff is nearly invisible and it's really bothering me. I really thought it would've been fixed with this patch.

I still have red crosses no matter what my shading quality is at.

I surmised, and why I said that about being over-ambitious. Since viewing angle is fixed, this simply isn't necessary. Let it render once when a new object is created and store as image, which takes a few dozen to a few hundred bytes each, so probably a very few MB for the entire library. Almost negligible. Inventory loading time will also improve as a side effect.

Agree ..to short :)

Argh, 'Shading' not 'Shadows'. This did the trick for me, finally. Thanks and +rep. Okay, I didn't try everything...

Edit: And a minute later it crashes. It hadn't in a while. Sigh.

Argh, 'Shading' not 'Shadows'. This did the trick for me, finally. Thanks and +rep. Okay, I didn't try everything...

Edit: And a minute later it crashes. It hadn't in a while. Sigh.
Maybe try to set it back to the previous setting now?

I have no way of testing it with all the different video cards and drivers ofc, but i suspect all that's really needed is the change, not so much the final value(?)

Maybe try to set it back to the previous setting now?

Then inventory reverts to this state. Same as before when trying out general high settings and reverting again.

Then inventory reverts to this state. Same as before when trying out general high settings and reverting again.
I see. In my case it was enough to switch the setting a few times (+relog) - this cleared all the red crosses for me, permanently.
(Doesn't make the huge nova fragment and enhancer icons go back to normal size thou).

Could be it requires more effort with some video cards/drivers to really clear the shader cache.

Back