Gameplay elements I would expect to be added to Compet...!

LMTR14

Alpha
Thomas LMTR14 Reisinger
so, the basic formula seems solid, engine looks nice etc.

but what Compet needs to become a full-fledged title are:

--) more diverse Pets.

right now pets feel way too similar. this can be mitigated by

-) types like fire/water ect. who have advantages and disadvantages against each other (there can also be different types of 1 pet, you just need to change the colour scheme ;) fire cat, lightning dog and whatnot). I would say this has to be the main priority of updating the game. right now I could likely just level my pet to the max (using diamonds I guess) and be unbeatable.

-) more different attacks on lower levels (just think how many different attacks Pokemon has)

-) items! while it might be hard to implement stuff like wearable armour and weapons (then again they don't necessarily have to be shown graphically ON the monster), some amount of additional customisability urgently is needed, both to spruce up the gameplay and motivate the collector

next thing:

--) the pet limit should only pertain to ACTIVE pets. pet games always have to appeal to the collector who wants to "catch 'em all". right now this isn't possible at all in Compet. therefore, owned pets should be split into active and passive pets, with active pets useable like in the current status, and passive locked in a vault, exchangeable with active ones on a 1x1 base.

--) team battles!

right now all fighting is 1v1. but with improved customisation and battle abilites pet roles get more specific, and therefore synergies can be formed. I can easily imagine 3v3 battles where each pet plays its specific role as tank, dps etc.

at the very least using multiple pets one after another in a pvp fight has to be made possible.

--) auction house (not right at the start, but later people should be able to trade pets and items)

--) monthly recurring event that keeps players in the game

one concept I liked in an mmo was the idea of an "Item of the month", available first-hand only during that month (for either real money or a lot of in-game money). these would then often become very valuable on the second-hand market (in-game auction house). another idea would be a variant pet per month you can only get by reaching a specific threshhold (doing 50 raids and 20 arena battles, for example). I think player retention would benefit a lot from having such a simple but effective concept implemented right from the beginning.

you're not doing rocket science here. the genre has been done since the late 90s ;) this game is mostly gonna be played by A) people who like cute pets and B) people who want to collect everything and don't mind if they have to grind a lot. the RME aspect will, especially in the beginning, be completely in the background. ergo, to make the game profitable you first need to hook the player. put some concepts like the ones above on top of that solid foundation, and all that is left is marketing (and that is not my field of expertise)

They should add in skins that you can apply to your pets. Coming from csgo and dota2, people love to personalize and pay for it. Especially when there are some ultra rare skins out there.

I for one would never pay for something purely cosmetic (like skins in e.g. League of Legends or Path of Exile), but would (theoretically and only in games I very much care about) pay for something giving me more gameplay options, like pet types (or trying out new stuff in Entropia). worlds of difference there.

really hope the devs read my original post btw ^^ if you reply, I'll be your #1 fanboy forever

ahem, a little bit more feedback please...?! I posted a LOT of possibilites there

well so far it is like this for me:
after first reading stuff about compet and knowing it will be MA who does it i was pretty much 100% sure that it will fail badly.
after beta release (like the first week) i was positively surprised thinking it might work.
now after the latest announcements, the missing link between EU and compet (why even bother linking accounts when u cant even switch from compet to EU wallet or vice versa even though both have same "currency" -> PED)
and after the now missing feedback from development team i am pretty much convinced again that the game is allready dead. the progress is FAR too slow, the playerbase will be very small (honestly, who thinks this game will have millions of players? lol...) and that will result in nearly no arena fights, due to their weird algorithms for findign an arena opponent. as there is nothing else to do the game will dry out rather quickly. i would be surprised if the game would survive the first 6 or 12 months. and i wont expect more than maybe 500 to 1000 regular players. and that will pretty much return in nearly no deed payouts, which will piss off a lot of people and will hurt the "main" game even more. ofc the compet deed price will crush after first months of release and the faith in MA gets even further destroyed.

--) more diverse Pets.

right now pets feel way too similar.

you're not doing rocket science here. the genre has been done since the late 90s ;)

What I expect is pets importable from EU with slightly better stats. The problem is, even a slight advantage becomes statistically significant the longer the battles become as pets level up. I also would like to see pet-type skills, and not the full availability from the library as seen so far if you develop a skill.

Also, the development route of upgrades is far too restrictive. It will just be rinse and repeat growth during beta, and the same in the game when it goes gold.

The communication was reasonably good two weeks ago, but it has slipped already. I've seen no further comment on the scoring problem, for example.
To note a positive, we have now got a counter saying how long a round will last, but not when the next full reset is expected. This means that I haven't bothered much in the new slow-play round, but for now it seems to be continuing without a restart.

Unfortunately I'm back to being close to "Me Really Never"'s opinion above. All the negative sliders are now kicking in for me, which may affect EU too...

I just wanted to say what a good post LMTR14 and I agree with all of it.

There are lots of things that MA could implement in the future in this game most of which you have outlined. Considering that this game is also going to be phone based and for anyone else out there that plays a lot of phone based games then the one thing that most of them have is ongoing events. It keeps the game alive and fresh and definitely hooks ppl in. There are allsorts that could be given as prizes/rewards. I am sure that this would be something that MA will do. Considering how fickle players can be if it is a game they only play on their phone then MA would be stupid not to go this route.

There are an awful lot of events/prizes/rewards that could generate money for the game, as you have outlined.

One thing I don't think you mentioned is a daily login bonus which both MMORPGs and phone games offer with varying prizes/rewards. I would have thought this would be an easy thing for them to implement in the game.

All I can say is yes, there is lots that MA can bring to this game and considering how early it is for the game (as in how old it is (only in beta) as opposed to development) then I think for now we can afford to give MA the benefit of the doubt because all of these things can't be added to the game at once. But just because they aren't a feature of the game at the moment it doesn't mean that they won't be.

anyone else out there that plays a lot of phone based games then the one thing that most of them have is ongoing events. It keeps the game alive and fresh and definitely hooks ppl in.
I have played a phone game pretty hardcore for over a year now, and they ran events pretty regularly.... now that they have stopped running events (and just run weekly 'bonus pack sales' trying to get every last penny from you) the game has really died down and people lost interest.
To be successful a game needs a steady stream of events for various interest and player types as well as quick professional and polite support. The lack of those two things killed what I felt was a really good phone game.

One thing I don't think you mentioned is a daily login bonus which both MMORPGs and phone games offer with varying prizes/rewards. I would have thought this would be an easy thing for them to implement in the game.
I was really surprised we didnt have diamond/gold rewards for daily logins as well as other assorted 'achievements'. people love ticking off achievement lists, esp when there are small rewards for doing so. (3 days logged in a row, 7, 14, 30, 90, 180, etc... , Win a 25gold arena battle, win a 25gold arena battle vs a player 1 level higher than you, 2 levels higher than you, 3 levels higher than you, win a 50gold arena battle, etc..... win a 5ped arena battle, etc......... Build a level 3 structure, level 4, etc...... Win a battle with 100% hp remaining, win a battle with 1hp remaining, the list goes on and on.... it gives people something to strive towards, and to brag about.

think for now we can afford to give MA the benefit of the doubt because all of these things can't be added to the game at once. But just because they aren't a feature of the game at the moment it doesn't mean that they won't be.
Yes. I agree 100%
As beta testers we should be helping with bug discovery and giving suggestions on how to make the game better.
We should not be hating on what isn't there yet, or on how something isn't how we want it to be.

Are they going to add "Auto Battle" back in? That's what made it playable for me.

What I expect is to be able to find arena battles with my level 3 pet, not found one yet and I search from 25 to 1000 gold battle packs.

I also found this to be true with my level 8 pet recently until I was locked out of account for whatever reason.

At the moment this game is pretty much unplayable for me.

I'm liking the idea on customisable pets, I agree to people liking to customising their creature, maybe a colouring system and some funky hats!

It would be nice to arm our Pets with EU weapons :D

--) more diverse Pets.

right now pets feel way too similar. this can be mitigated by

-) types like fire/water ect. who have advantages and disadvantages against each other (there can also be different types of 1 pet, you just need to change the colour scheme ;) fire cat, lightning dog and whatnot). I would say this has to be the main priority of updating the game. right now I could likely just level my pet to the max (using diamonds I guess) and be unbeatable.

-) more different attacks on lower levels (just think how many different attacks Pokemon has)

-) items! while it might be hard to implement stuff like wearable armour and weapons (then again they don't necessarily have to be shown graphically ON the monster), some amount of additional customisability urgently is needed, both to spruce up the gameplay and motivate the collector

next thing:

--) the pet limit should only pertain to ACTIVE pets. pet games always have to appeal to the collector who wants to "catch 'em all". right now this isn't possible at all in Compet. therefore, owned pets should be split into active and passive pets, with active pets useable like in the current status, and passive locked in a vault, exchangeable with active ones on a 1x1 base.

--) team battles!

right now all fighting is 1v1. but with improved customisation and battle abilites pet roles get more specific, and therefore synergies can be formed. I can easily imagine 3v3 battles where each pet plays its specific role as tank, dps etc.

at the very least using multiple pets one after another in a pvp fight has to be made possible.

--) auction house (not right at the start, but later people should be able to trade pets and items)

--) monthly recurring event that keeps players in the game

one concept I liked in an mmo was the idea of an "Item of the month", available first-hand only during that month (for either real money or a lot of in-game money). these would then often become very valuable on the second-hand market (in-game auction house). another idea would be a variant pet per month you can only get by reaching a specific threshhold (doing 50 raids and 20 arena battles, for example). I think player retention would benefit a lot from having such a simple but effective concept implemented right from the beginning.

you're not doing rocket science here. the genre has been done since the late 90s ;) this game is mostly gonna be played by A) people who like cute pets and B) people who want to collect everything and don't mind if they have to grind a lot. the RME aspect will, especially in the beginning, be completely in the background. ergo, to make the game profitable you first need to hook the player. put some concepts like the ones above on top of that solid foundation, and all that is left is marketing (and that is not my field of expertise)

Hi LMTR,

Thank you for your feedback! Some of those things that you mentioned above has already been discussed before : ) and update/feature in the game actually take some time and can't be done overnight so these ideas might come to life after a few updates (if we decide to put them in) but we will definitely put more pets in with cool skins! Some of them are epic and super rare ;)

Are they going to add "Auto Battle" back in? That's what made it playable for me.

Auto battle wasn't suppose to be there in the first place. That was only there for testing purposes and you guys had a chance to play around with it : ) sorry!

is it intended that a player will need years to get a pet to level 30 so he can battle on a fair level with everyone else? slow gameplay is one thing but as i stated earlier a lot of times that nobody will have the endurance to play this game for years to get one pet to the max level. nobody...

Auto battle wasn't suppose to be there in the first place. That was only there for testing purposes and you guys had a chance to play around with it : ) sorry!

very honest of you.. big thanks for that!
However, it enabled many of us to get to a stage in the first round which most won't bother to try and reach again if rounds last about a week. Also, we can only test what we do, not what we cannot reach.

Maybe you plan to have a round which starts us all off with level 20 or so, and access to all attack types, but it does seriously restrict testing if we are so development limited.

very honest of you.. big thanks for that!
However, it enabled many of us to get to a stage in the first round which most won't bother to try and reach again if rounds last about a week. Also, we can only test what we do, not what we cannot reach.

Maybe you plan to have a round which starts us all off with level 20 or so, and access to all attack types, but it does seriously restrict testing if we are so development limited.

I understand what you mean. The wipe is just happening during the beta. When the Soft Launch happens the wiping will stop so you guys can play without to worry about getting a reset. Also, one of the reasons why we gave more PED this week was so that you guys could do more in the game : ) I know that's not level 10-20 pets but still a bit better than 20 PED.

Thank you for playing ComPet!

Back