Just how bad are the graphics bugs right now?

ZPF

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
04F0BCF.png

muA7quU.png

:eyecrazy:

Watching this on Tommy's stream right now...
https://www.twitch.tv/tommydagreatest

He'll be uploading this to his youtube channel eventually. Great PR for Entropia!

U mean the image for belkar stone, right?
I mean the blurry landscape is a mystery to me. No idea how he managed to get this result. Can't replicate this even on lowest settings... :scratch2:
Watching his stream didn't give any clues either (he‘s indoor atm).

Well, anyway, I have always said all ppl who play on low settings on some shitty last century laptop and then upload it on youtube should be shot on sight. This is negative advertising by a definition. But usually those ppl don't have clue. I remember several ppl asked me Is there really clouds in the sky in EU? when I posted some screenshots once. And one guy suggested I prolly photoshopped the sky... lol

And when I uploaded this one
ppl were saying this is not Entropia it's a different game :)

Last edited:
U mean the image for belkar stone, right?
I mean the blurry landscape is a mystery to me. No idea how he managed to get this result. :scratch2:

Both.

And I'm not sure either. I think it was a combination of playing on high settings, being in first person camera, and opening the buggy claim deed.

could motion blur and lag be causing this?

could motion blur and lag be causing this?

Nah, I was watching the stream, it was entirely stuck this way with no lag. Maybe it's his graphics card.

Something tells me you can re-produce this effect if you follow what I said above. My PC doesn't do well on very high settings so I can't test it myself..

I never had any problems before. The last few streams went by fine.

But this time, things were weird.

I did swap the location of my graphic card a few days ago though, because my computer had a crashing problem. Swapping to a different slot solved it. And to be fair, this might be the cause as well.

However, I haven't encountered any problems in other games. Doom (2016) works fine and that is a graphical marvel so I am kind of sure it's related to EU in some way. And I didn't see something weird in any other game either.

And no, don't shoot me please, lol.

I had a great time exploring the game like this, it was fun like hell.

I hope it gets fixed soon though, if it's on Mindark's side.

Never seen anything like this ever before in my entire history with PE / EU / PC :p

I just figured out that that problem is caused by having motion blur enabled and trying to view an item in first person mode... along with what other settings, i dont know, but I'm running ultra high settings with everything maxed with core i5 4690k/ 16 gb ram/ 2 GTX 780s in SLI

I just figured out that that problem is caused by having motion blur enabled and trying to view an item in first person mode... along with what other settings, i dont know, but I'm running ultra high settings with everything maxed with core i5 4690k/ 16 gb ram/ 2 GTX 780s in SLI

I normally keep motion blur off and don't play in 1st person as both things cause a headache for me, but tried to turn in on now and indeed got exactly the same effect as in OP picture while viewing an item info in first person :eyecrazy:. Everything is maxed as well (5820k/gtx980).

I played a bit with settings then, and setting the Post Processing Amount to medium fixes it.

Btw, EU doesn't support SLI and the 2nd card doesn't add anything in best case and causes massive performance drop of the whole gfx system in worst (turning off SLI helps many newcomers to fix an otherwise unplayable performance, from what I've seen).

I get same bug in high settings / Xeon cpu / Asus rock killer MB/ R9 380 4GB GC / 16 GB ram.
Most it hapen, if i get loot, from creature. The screen get blury for a second or a bit more. Oh, yes, i have motion blure on.
Possible that causing it. need to test this by switched off motion blure.

I had this very bad grapichs since the jun VU . When i in first person and open a info window i get this foggy effect. I contacted suport and they said i should go to my librbary and find my cache and shadow files and dellete them, why did they take away the clean cache option then i wonder? I not cofortable to go in my librabry to change stuff but i did have a look there but couldent find what suport was talking about.
Several icons is shadow and others are red cross plus i find the game much more laggy now then before the jun update.
As i se it its just bad of MA to mess this up like this and no fun to play when its as it is :(
I can only hope they will be able to fix it some time soon....

i have a different issue....

https://postimg.org/image/jlrxa1x4n/
https://s31.postimg.org/l0thyry7v/entropia.jpg

so here you can see some of the specs of the laptop and the processor is a Quad Core N9240 with 1.83 Ghz in normal and in turbo/overclock/whatever he is doing he goes up to 2.25Ghz. with no virtual processor.
4gb of ram, nvidia 810M and the game is on a SSD so the load of the files will be easy.
Any ideas guys? also i`m playing almost in safe mode !

Last edited by a moderator:
https://postimg.org/image/jlrxa1x4n/
https://s31.postimg.org/l0thyry7v/entropia.jpg

so here you can see some of the specs of the laptop and the processor is a Quad Core N9240 with 1.83 Ghz in normal and in turbo/overclock/whatever he is doing he goes up to 2.25Ghz. with no virtual processor.
4gb of ram, nvidia 810M and the game is on a SSD so the load of the files will be easy.
Any ideas guys? also i`m playing almost in safe mode !

4 GB is a bit low of ram. Windows alone need most of the 4 gb, so not much left for EU.
Try to change the ram with a 8gb ram.

since the update that altered the way icons are created in inventory, i've had issues on cyrene. sometimes, anywhere on planet i seem get a high memory usage, from logging in i can watch the ram usage go up and up and up before hitting about 13gb usage (i have 16gb). Changing settings to safemode doesn't improve things other than dropping GPU usage below 10%.

once the high ram is hit, the virtual memory kicks in and causes a fps drop to around 3-6fps before recovering moments later, after a while the mem usage must drop a little as the virutal memory slowly releases it back to Entropia before it cycles again. If you open inventory or spawn a vehicle it has to reload them in again which has caused me 0fps for a few seconds. TP'ing is slow too.

This doesn't happen anywhere else, i left to Ark and Entropia doesn't go above 3gb ram at high settings

Last edited:
I re-installed the game, and the issue disappeared after that.

I can't play now though because my gold card reader is dead :p

I re-installed the game, and the issue disappeared after that.

I can't play now though because my gold card reader is dead :p

If it's dead due to batteries, it takes 2 minutes to replace them and get it up and running again. If it's something else, then good luck :p

If it's dead due to batteries, it takes 2 minutes to replace them and get it up and running again. If it's something else, then good luck :p

I have the first gen card reader / card and the shrews are minimalistic so opening it is or less impossible.

However, I did start using the phone app now instead so I can play again! :yay:

Back