Question: Loosing ranking points while winning!?

gotto43

Guardian
Gotto LuckyStrike Gotto
Is this possible? I mean, yes it is, it is happened to me, but there is any logic beside?

And I was fighting against a +1 higher level. Lost 2 arena battles, lost ranking, OK. Won next 2 battles and still loosing ranking points. From 17th now I'm 34th :))

No it definitely shouldn't be possible to lose ranking points when you win. However, going from place 17 to 34 even when winning is of course possible if other people fight more than you thus generating more points. Are you sure that your actual ranking points decreased?

Yes, I've seen the ranking bar animation going down :)

I was Duke ranking (over 1300) and drop to Marquess (after loosing 2 battles and points still decreasing when winning other 2 arena fights - points now 1225. quite big drop)

I'll just check from now on my points before every arena fight.

Found the log

So I found in the battles chart:

Lost 27 and 28 points in first 2 battles - when I lost the fights - correct
Lost 16 and 8 points in next 2 battles - when I won! No points gain! - not OK

And fight quite balanced lvl 15 and lvl 16 bugs :) maybe 2 bugs in the arena bring more bugs around...

No it definitely shouldn't be possible to lose ranking points when you win. However, going from place 17 to 34 even when winning is of course possible if other people fight more than you thus generating more points. Are you sure that your actual ranking points decreased?

It happens very often. When I win a fight, I often (mostly) get 2 ranking Points. After some wins (same Player i am batteling) I got up to -22 ranking Points while I am still winning.

Maybe this would help you understand better, I suppose the sending suggestion and bugs from the game is bugged too and you don't receive them....

:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:
Loose but get points.... Or win but loose points....
Is this for real a Beta? It looks like an Alpha....

Clear, who likes to win in a battle with me? I need some ranking points :D

Standby then until this important bug fixed.
Kim, please let us know.

It happens very often. When I win a fight, I often (mostly) get 2 ranking Points. After some wins (same Player i am batteling) I got up to -22 ranking Points while I am still winning.

Well + 2 points for winning against me over and over and over again (lower rank then you) and -22 same when same rank with you or higher I think. I see the points are according to rank you fight. For example (I don't have the battle history, they keep only a few, and forgot to make SS) I won a battle with a higher rank then me, and I got 200 points 1 fight.... The - while winning or + when loosing... well we talk about Mindark.... Since 2002 :)))))

Rank, fight balance, etc could maybe infuence number of winning points. But losing points while winning should not be possible.

Well I can 100% confirm that ranking points are being lost when I win. Apart from following points totals, it says in brackets in the raid/arena history what each battle gave you in points.

Why do you think the top ranks suddenly stopped increasing in points a few days ago? Because of losing points even when you win.

Most battles (or at least where players were waiting for partners) were in the automatic battle section for gold, which meant for the chance to get points quickly. But when it went negative, people stopped.

I assumed it was some kind of battle stamina thing that would recover with time, but even a 12 hour break kept me getting negatives, and now I can find almost no battle partners at all even to test the score.

Also, I also managed to get positives during the positive period even when losing, regardless of the other player's level.

So, thanks for letting us know it is screwed up. Maybe you can give us a little more idea how it should work, without all details ofc... that way we will know faster that it is definitely still bugged after you alter it :)

I have over 400 wins in arena battles (and win about 90% of all my fights) and can 100% confirm that you loose ranking points when in the top spots even when you win. It seems that its impossible to go beyond 1700ish ranking points because the closer you get to the mark the smaller the amount of points becomes which you gain and then at some point it swaps around and you loose points till you are back down around 1400-1500 then you start gaining again.

When i started arena battles the first time i was gaining around 100 ranking points per win which got me up to 1000 points very quickly, somewhere around there it then started to become smaller and smaller gains and when fighting in the top spots in the 1600ish ranking points you usually only gain/loose 1-5points or thereby except if you mange a very clear win then it can be around 20-30 points (but in either direction).

Last edited:

Lost points while winning..

Frustrating!

There is big issue with ranking points above 1000 points!!!

This is something you, developers, have to carrefully pay attention.

- ranking points above 1000 points: I'll just write from the fight log how I bring Rammy - my wife account - from the ground to the sky (top position!!!):
I started from 400-500 points and with a very special setup & about 50 battles without a loss, I go to 995 points in steps of 10,20, or 5 points - OK
Then next battle push me from 995 points to 1200 points! (got +205 points in a fight)
The very next one from 1200 points to 1624 points (+424 after one fight) - now Prince rank and 1st position in game!
Next battle 1624 to 1741 (+117 points) consolidating the 1st position :)
Then the mess: the opponent find out solution for my setup and in next 7 fights I lost 5 fights and won 2 of them but also loosing points in the fights I won (-49 and -13 points). So I stopped with 1298 points.

It is clear a big mess in ranking points over 1000.

Second comment is about the AI fight capabilities. All the battles were done by Auto battle. I'm sure if I would go in pvp I would not have those 50 fights in a row without loss. I won a lot of lvl 5 (my pet) vs lvl 6 and 7. So I guess auto is not doing such great job, maybe better to remove it in official release.

PS: Just restarted now: first fight - won but lost 17 ranking points

Last edited:
I think the error is that the search function only allows matches between players of the same or neighbour devisions, so when you reach the top devision you mostly find players which are of lower devision and if you keep winning the system tries to keep you in range to the lower players to avoid you climbing ranks out of reach to battle other players.
I also think there is a softcap build in to make sure that noone gets past prince rank at this point in time - guess no player would like winning peds from jackpot and then getting the data wipes with no compensation - so the jackpot seems to be currently just for show.

Kim also made a statement that they plan to demote players from existing ranks to lower devisions on each season change and then they start from a certain rank into the new season, possibly with the softcap for that season raised so players can reach a higher devision.

The current solution though is very discouraging for players and need to be revised - noone likes to fight and get points taken away for winning.

I'd like to know where aree the big increases that I see some claim? I get at most +10 for a win. lol

I'd like to know where aree the big increases that I see some claim? I get at most +10 for a win. lol

when you start, first wins goes for +100, then is lowering to +20, +10. I remember between 900-1000 there are only steps of +5
never been in the region of 1100-1200, but above 1300 it's a total mess. You just click and pray. There is no logic behind. I'm doing sometimes 10-15 battles in a row with same player and trying to understand how are points allocated. I'm sure not even the server is understanding what is doing there. I wish I could stop when I was 1700 points :))

Sheesh, if you lose points for winning at those upper levels then why in the world even arena battle once you get there? That makes zero sense.

Sheesh, if you lose points for winning at those upper levels then why in the world even arena battle once you get there? That makes zero sense.

Well, just for those 500ped I will not stop playing. I reached over 1700 points when pet was level 7 or 8. I have a good setup up to this level. Need to go further as same setup is not fine for lvl 8, 9, 10. So need to fight and get xp - the most easy way to level up your pet is arena battles. Just to further try different upper level buffs...

And, at the end, this is beta play, I do not care that much ranking & prizes.

Will ever be fixed this crazy scoring system? Why not easy programming:

+x points every won battle
-x points every lost battle

It supposed to be fun playing a game. Well, for this one, it isn't! And the scoring is one of the main issue.

Back