Mana Bomb + Ambush is OP

Timp44

Guardian
With current library levels of almost all people, the mana bomb + ambush combo is pretty much a death kiss to those that get hit first, 44-66 damage out of the gate in the first 2 rounds is something that cannot be overcome. I think personally i've only seen ambush not take initiative 1 time. If healing gets a longer delay on turns I think one or both of these should be set back a turn also. You could even add to the fact that even if you do heal the person using claw pretty well negates that every time.

I see it as an element of tactic - heals are pretty strong too - you can offset those big hits with them and some buffer health - building pets with less then 100hitpoints for high levels is risky.
My best manabomb crit has been 53 and my best ambush crit 45 i think...

At lvl30 there is a spell in library which does manadifference in damage - that can theoretically be up to 120dmg and as crit maybe 180 - if a player manages to dry out his opponent with playing all defensive - though each of the players could use that ability...

I see it as an element of tactic - heals are pretty strong too - you can offset those big hits with them and some buffer health - building pets with less then 100hitpoints for high levels is risky.
My best manabomb crit has been 53 and my best ambush crit 45 i think...

At lvl30 there is a spell in library which does manadifference in damage - that can theoretically be up to 120dmg and as crit maybe 180 - if a player manages to dry out his opponent with playing all defensive - though each of the players could use that ability...

Heals only offset partial damage, currently a level 2 claw attack often does more damage than a level 3 Lesser heal. It would take then a level 2 Cure AND a level 1 quick recovery to offset the 53 damage from a mana bomb you talked about which by that time you take an additional attack in between. Which illustrates the point even more. Cure has a cool down of 7 turns meanwhile can you mana bomb every 5 and Ambush every 4.

As for level 30 spells I think we can agree that nobody is currently that high in library levels or will they be for quite some days.

PS: This also make stamina a wasted stat at higher levels as no matches exceed 15 rounds

Last edited:
Heals only offset partial damage, currently a level 2 claw attack often does more damage than a level 3 Lesser heal. It would take then a level 2 Cure AND a level 1 quick recovery to offset the 53 damage from a mana bomb you talked about which by that time you take an additional attack in between. Which illustrates the point even more. Cure has a cool down of 7 turns meanwhile can you mana bomb every 5 and Ambush every 4.

As for level 30 spells I think we can agree that nobody is currently that high in library levels or will they be for quite some days.

PS: This also make stamina a wasted stat at higher levels as no matches exceed 15 rounds

Take lick wounds (when its been fixed and boosts healing by 50% like it should) and combine it with the +45cure, the 20+4+4 quick recovery and the +30 lesser heal as well as regeneration all in combination with meditation - and i can assure you that it will be very hard to overcome that defence - it will definately take more then 15 rounds if you use it on a strong pet.
What im saying is that this is an option, noone is forced to do it - if your pet is strong enough to take this double hit noone is stopping you from handing it right back and try to beat the opponent low enough to switch from offence to defence ;)

If you see someone with 15 stamina expect them to attack and keep yourself max-hp. If your max-hp is low enough to die in two rounds then spam block and battle cry. If you have higher mana regen or higher stamina but lower hp then you should always be using block when your heals are on cooldown or if you are baiting a poison.

he is just mad that he lost vs me twice in a row and one time with a 2 level higher pet :D u need either a little bit more hp or fit in a block / battle cry rather than ur poison and venomous bite. that lost u the game.

he is just mad that he lost vs me twice in a row and one time with a 2 level higher pet :D u need either a little bit more hp or fit in a block / battle cry rather than ur poison and venomous bite. that lost u the game.

I couldnt care less really, not really sure why you think so highly of yourself. I've seen more than just you use this tactic which is why I brought it up in the first place.

Back