ALT's created to Loot Rings

I really think you (and not only you) need to stop thinking at conspiracy theories anywhere around.

In this specific case, an alt made for the sole reason of opening boxes and trying to loot rings would be plain dumb for a few reasons:

1) Presuming your theory with loot waves is correct about rings too, there's no guarantee they will get the rings, just like there's no guarantee you will get any loot if you hunt in the "good loot window".

2) Presuming your theory with loot waves is correct about rings too, what would stop them just buy and open boxes during the "good loot window" with their mains?

3) Vast majority of content of boxes is universal ammo, which has to be cycled before being transferred to mains; since you say these are alts made for opening boxes only, that probably means they don't have any skills, so cycling large amounts of UA would take ages and not be eco at all (not to mention that chipping the skills out of the ald and back to main after that would cost a little fortune too - or would involve just lose them).

4) There is a fair amount of untradeable and not TTable items in boxes (like pills, L rings, etc) and those items would remain stucked on a useless alt; again not very smart.

If, despite all that, someone would still like to do that and bring money in EU coffers, I would say hell yeah, why not...

Seriously now, I fail to understand why you (and again not only you) feel the need to do all this witch hunts and mind what everyone else is doing and not just focus on your own game-play and enjoy your own time in game.

I really think you (and not only you) need to stop thinking at conspiracy theories anywhere around.

In this specific case, an alt made for the sole reason of opening boxes and trying to loot rings would be plain dumb for a few reasons:

1) Presuming your theory with loot waves is correct about rings too, there's no guarantee they will get the rings, just like there's no guarantee you will get any loot if you hunt in the "good loot window".

2) Presuming your theory with loot waves is correct about rings too, what would stop them just buy and open boxes during the "good loot window" with their mains?

3) Vast majority of content of boxes is universal ammo, which has to be cycled before being transferred to mains; since you say these are alts made for opening boxes only, that probably means they don't have any skills, so cycling large amounts of UA would take ages and not be eco at all (not to mention that chipping the skills out of the ald and back to main after that would cost a little fortune too - or would involve just lose them).

4) There is a fair amount of untradeable and not TTable items in boxes (like pills, L rings, etc) and those items would remain stucked on a useless alt; again not very smart.

If, despite all that, someone would still like to do that and bring money in EU coffers, I would say hell yeah, why not...

Seriously now, I fail to understand why you (and again not only you) feel the need to do all this witch hunts and mind what everyone else is doing and not just focus on your own game-play and enjoy your own time in game.

DoA has a point. Doesn't really make sense for a person to have an alt just to open boxes.

off-topic, what is best way to dispose of L-rings? cant seem to tt them:ahh:

I also have to agree with DoA on this...its just another conspiracy theory.
Also i find it interesting that you have no problems with using waves to loot the rings...only the Alt avatars is your concern???

If you get rid of the loot waves, then there would be no need for Alt avatars for this sort of thing.

I have no issues looting rings despite not following any of these so called ring waves.

I see no point to use an alt avatar to loot rings either it would be a sheer waste of pills and ammo just to leave it all on an unsecured acc that sits and does nothing but open boxes.

The problem with the alts is if they are all logged in at the same time. Say 10 computers all running eu with different avatars in the same room And as soon as a ring gets looted all those avatars start opening boxes using a script.. all controlled by one person.
A ring goldfarm so to speak.

I guess that would be a problem, especially if the value of the ring is higher than the boxes opened. Ofcourse other players have to deposit to buy the ring from this farm, so no problem for Mindark there.. but the value of the boxes is higher than it's supposed to be if rings get looted more often than random.

goldfarming.jpg

The problem with the alts is if they are all logged in at the same time. Say 10 computers all running eu with different avatars in the same room And as soon as a ring gets looted all those avatars start opening boxes using a script.. all controlled by one person.
A ring goldfarm so to speak.

I guess that would be a problem, especially if the value of the ring is higher than the boxes opened. Ofcourse other players have to deposit to buy the ring from this farm, so no problem for Mindark there.. but the value of the boxes is higher than it's supposed to be if rings get looted more often than random.

goldfarming.jpg

Indeed. But as you said the rings in the boxes would have to be worth more than the cost of opening them. In the very beginning I could see it but now most of the rings are worth less than 100 boxes. Some only 100 PED. I don't think it balances out by the price most sell at now.

Lol? Making an alt to double box opening speed during waves is a good idea and I'm sure those who actually understand waves do it all the time.

It's extremely easy to get rid of universal ammo now. Take your alt to foma and gamble it away mining.

deactivated

Last edited:
deactivated

Last edited:
Lol? Making an alt to double box opening speed during waves is a good idea and I'm sure those who actually understand waves do it all the time.

It's extremely easy to get rid of universal ammo now. Take your alt to foma and gamble it away mining.

Keyword gamble IMHO. And Prophet, I've opened about 500 and not even gotten one UL ring? Sorry I may have missed what you were saying.

deactivated

Last edited:
Better way to say it is, you get almost all value for buying a box in TT.

So I think, you aren't a guy who has 2500 Loot Pills, 750 X and 900 Y Pills in your storage. Otherwise i hope you wouldn't speak of Profit when u loot any f*** ring.

yes you get all the loot from boxes back in tt but half of the crap is not tt'able. most of the pills you are stuck with along with all L rings below 10 ped in value. the pets are worth nothing.

I more wondering, how to find out when a wave hapen. does this means, if one a UL ring loot, then is wave time? how to check it out in mining or hunt ?

At least, using alts is not really allowed.. no matter for what ppl they use it. But MA don't care much about this, except they loose money on that. (remember old phönix spaceship wing, where a lot alts was at sweating)

• Use 3k USD on box's that return almost all in TT value with a good chance to loot a ring in wave,
  • or 3k USD on Hunting with a huge variance in TT returns with unkown chance to hof and extremely small chance to loot item.
  • or 3k USD on explosives with crazy unknown chances
  • or 3k USD in mining with limited MU returns over lenght of time. And very unknown loot

I see what you're saying and I could understand if a player was opening tons and tons of boxes to use them to profit since you do get almost all TT in return, sure. However, I do not see someone creating a brand new alt with the sole purpose of opening boxes to profit. A person's normal avatar can use all the TT that is returned other than rings much better than a fresh newbie will be able to (at least I hope so, I guess some players may gamble all away but that is a seperate issue - let's keep the mindset that MindArk laid out - Higher Skills + Higher Efficiency = Better). When is a newbie going to get good usage out of X2? :p

I'm of the mind that if someone is buying boxes to try and loot rings, they're not an alt. They're a paying customer.

deactivated

Last edited:
Go down through all the Ares Ring looters today and look at there EL account stats.

GL :)

I've heard of three of those five people.

At least four of five have EL accounts (three have avatar pics, another has society).

Only one of five is sort of new.

deactivated

Last edited:
deactivated

Last edited:
No ones stupid enough to not join a soc and try to get some stats on there. Do you research go deeper.. Look at there last hunt times look at there soc and its background, look at the other members. Dont click the link and say they ARE alt or not alt. You have to work and cover all the ends.

If they make alt ava and just loot ring then run up and trade there main ava or use a friend as a buffer its a huge red flag. Dig and research IF you truly want to prove me wrong then PROVE me wrong.

Keep going down the entire list of ares you wont have answers in 5 minutes...

Two of them are well known people with over 200,000 PEDs in loot; third one is a well known avatar (definitely not alt) on Monria forum; the other two seem quite new.

But look at loot times:

Ares Ring ImprovedFri, 27 May 2016 21:42:04
Ares Ring ModifiedFri, 27 May 2016 19:37:11
Ares Ring ImprovedFri, 27 May 2016 14:52:42
Ares Ring ImprovedFri, 27 May 2016 04:47:44
Ares Ring ImprovedFri, 27 May 2016 00:52:06

00:52, 04:47 (close to four hours later), 14:52 (more than ten hours later), 19:37 (almost five hours later), 21:42 (more than two hours later)

Definitely doesn't look like someone abusing a rare loot wave as you assumed; unless you think that such a wave takes a few hours and it is worth for someone to keep open boxes (on more than an avatar) for a few hours in a row...

deactivated

Last edited:
xD your going off the first 5?

I just did what you previously asked us to do (you said to look at today looters).

Go down through all the Ares Ring looters today and look at there EL account stats.

And, anyway, I don't think that EL is sooo relevant as you seem; look at my account, based on your logic, I must sure be an alt, yet I do play daily, four to six hours per day, just that I play at a low level so I don't global often. And I can darn assure you that I'm noone's alt. And there are a lot of people in my shoes.

like I said go deeper, pick apart everything, you have your opinion on the matter and thats fine. But others will find the proof if they just look...

I'd rather spent my time playing the game than witch hunting, but if that suits your boat, be my guest, keep doing it.

And, really, I don't mean it in a bad way - you are a nice guy and I appreciate you, but I just thing you get too involved and end up loosing time, getting pissed and stuff over things that, in the best case, don't really affect you and, in the worst case, are not even there.

deactivated

Last edited:
deactivated

Last edited:
Back