when was select target added???

Status
Since it now select target in game and people Cant miss they should do something about it.
They could remove and make it free to miss shoots the enemy. They would make same aMount of money and people will pvp more becuse its cheaper if u dont deacay ur gun when u miss a shoot.
They would Even make more becuse the enemy had time to fap the health up becuse they couldnt fire at full speed and hit u.
Like u showed u Did in ur video cloud. Is No pvp when u only hold a mouse button inside and it dont fire before u have him in sight. Is very eco like u call ur team but is No pvp.

Point taken, but surely you must admit that EU PVP is more about what gear and level you have, than your actual skill as a gamer, right? I mean compare it to any other FPS game, CSGO, Quake, Overwatch, whatever. If you do that, then isn't EU PVP more pay2win? Yes maybe I over exaggerated and said that not much skill is required. But buy skills and gear on AH, click select target, and you're ready to go. How is that not pay2win ?

i agree that you need gear and level to be successful in pvp but it doesn't matter because anyone with select target cheat can kill you so its basically no point fighting.I can agree you can kill him too but it doesn't matter because he knows in his mind that without cheat he is zero that's why he use it.
Just because this is a feature it doesn't mean all should use it because we all know its a cheat.
We just have lazy mega amateurs who doesn't understand game mechanics or too busy with other"games"

Okay, fine guys. I will admit defeat. PvP is not pay2win then. Main point how ever, which was to maiden and cloudyprotection, is that select target was not always in the game and to some of us veterans will still consider it a "new feature". I'm not saying I support it, I used to be a super hardcore FPS player and played official competitive tournaments. I am one of them who prefers if actual gamer skill is required and not some aim bot crap.

KULLXP -> one of best examples, he could explain for all of you.

how select target ruined pvp and forced people to sell out valued items.

that pay2win feature not fit at all , since guns and stuff dropped price so fast .

+notice -> vaporizer do not need select target to work and make people wing :

this is not pay2win :

a guy 20lvl with 1 rocket and no pvp gear can own pvp !

//mg

lol joda if he was Level 20 and vaporizer req. Level 32 to use it then by all logic with your hp he shouldn't be able to kill you useing a rocket he don't even have SIB for.

i'm not 100% sure either but i think Moe was the founder of Winterfell soc Winterfell based off a book title?

yes kull is was a small band of people who used it and keep that secret pretty hush hush for a long time maybe both sides had some people or just you never noticed becusae you teamed those who used it but if you try to fight a select target after awhile it just becomes obvious. but i know some of that group because i fell victim to it to many times in past and really no chance vs. it.

its about the correct time frame it started to get passed around though and more and more started to use it.

Okay, fine guys. I will admit defeat. PvP is not pay2win then. Main point how ever, which was to maiden and cloudyprotection, is that select target was not always in the game and to some of us veterans will still consider it a "new feature". I'm not saying I support it, I used to be a super hardcore FPS player and played official competitive tournaments. I am one of them who prefers if actual gamer skill is required and not some aim bot crap.

And why to point on me ?
I pointed that WSS members USE THAT CRAP ! And I pointed to Joda and Messi that they should clean their soc 1st for exploiters then ask this to be removed !
If you check my posts or at least was once @ rig since I am there you shoulded know I am against mob-trains, decay and I FUKIN HATE SELECT TARGET !
So ... again... what you want to point ? That a fukin cheat that ruined pvp is some-how intended to be good ?

Since it now select target in game and people Cant miss they should do something about it.
They could remove and make it free to miss shoots the enemy. They would make same aMount of money and people will pvp more becuse its cheaper if u dont deacay ur gun when u miss a shoot.
They would Even make more becuse the enemy had time to fap the health up becuse they couldnt fire at full speed and hit u.
Like u showed u Did in ur video cloud. Is No pvp when u only hold a mouse button inside and it dont fire before u have him in sight. Is very eco like u call ur team but is No pvp.

ECO is short for soc name, ask filip what he does and you have my answer ;)

i don't like select target if they made missed shots though not consume ammo and turn off select that could be fine i suppose. so that's an idea i can live with.

but then again with divine chip it would be a money sink.

And why to point on me ?
I pointed that WSS members USE THAT CRAP ! And I pointed to Joda and Messi that they should clean their soc 1st for exploiters then ask this to be removed !
If you check my posts or at least was once @ rig since I am there you shoulded know I am against mob-trains, decay and I FUKIN HATE SELECT TARGET !
So ... again... what you want to point ? That a fukin cheat that ruined pvp is some-how intended to be good ?

I was just trying to inform you since you asked. No need to go all keyboard thug on me.

I was just trying to inform you since you asked. No need to go all keyboard thug on me.

No thug against you. Against you supporting and promoting ST exploit ! That is not good at all. You should auto-mod yourself and remove what you said in other thread. You will lead all new players in doing that. Every new player see you as a public figure, since u're a mod and "u know what you talk":)scratch2:).

I stopped caring about PVP long ago. Not because of select target. The fact is, if you have PVP skills, you still aren't going to make a ton of money doing it. You're far better off hunting in EU and playing a different game to pK where skill actually matters for PVP. Yea there's a bit of skill in knowing when to fap and knowing different gear types; however, I don't see much point in claiming to be the best PVPer in a game where the obvious benefit of having 360 HP and the best armor+guns is too big an advantage to make it "fair" for the little guys.

This isn't to say I don't like pKing for fun sometimes. I do enjoy it once in a while but it is mostly some sort of ego boost that I don't really crave or need in my older age. It gets kind of boring being semi-immortal. I'd rather kill people when they have the same chance of killing me (this was one thing I liked about the HUB). In a game where you spend tons of time and money to make your character greater, it isn't exactly fun dying to someone who just started recently. Select to target or not, I found little challenge here when pK'ing.

I am not bashing MA or EU. I love this game. I just think that PVP in a game where you're shooting REAL MONEY to get little to nothing back, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Land grab hasn't been worth it to me since they made it less than 6 months of LA ownership. If you look at the overall scheme of things, a few top players pay like 2k PED to take and hold a LA. A few in the society spend 0-100 PED not being there at all or just fapping to stay alive. At the end, they claim the same taxes you do because there's no "100% participation bonus" like at the fort events (which would be a good idea to add to LG too). You get some or maybe all of your money back for having gotten up at 2 AM and holding a LA for 1-2 hours.

The oil rig gives you 5-10 PED once in a while but if you kill enough people to get it, you hardly pay your ammo. Any job IRL pays more than this job in the USA. If you are going to stand around waiting for 1 person per 10 minutes to slay, you could queue up for ANY OTHER GAME and play it for far more entertainment. PVP 3/4 looting of players can be somewhat profitable but it is typically a lot of running with no action. Space? That's probably your best bet for PVP for profit and has some enjoyment to it for lower levels. The problem is the down time there is worst of all. You could wait hours for 1 person and then they carry nothing (most people carry nothing as they typically get summoned and log out if they have anything).

At the end of it all, I found it easier to not give a shit about PVP. I'm not trying to deter those who do. I'm just stating my experience with it. Yes, I used to kill people very easily in a game where I had all the advantages. Yes, I have good FPS skill so I make my high level character even better. Do I care about select target? Not really, I'd still kill the majority of the cheaters. Sure, they may have HUGE damage rockets once in a while. If they want to spend 5 PED per shot to try to kill me, who gives a shit? Let them waste their money. If it makes them happy to do so, good. That makes them continue to buy huge decay, huge markup, and huge cost weapons just to have a little fun trying to kill me (and other high players). They are the "market" for people who hunt, craft, and mine. They are the type of player who make EU profitable for other players.

If you like pK and hate autoaim, don't enter. If you don't care if there are cheaters and want to have some fun, enter. I simply don't enter because I don't see the point in using $ to pK when other games let me do it for free (and are more challenging for me now - because of both my insane avatar and my years of experience).

No thug against you. Against you supporting and promoting ST exploit ! That is not good at all. You should auto-mod yourself and remove what you said in other thread. You will lead all new players in doing that. Every new player see you as a public figure, since u're a mod and "u know what you talk":)scratch2:).

I have never said I support the feature, nor have I ever promoted it. In fact I said I am against it. You need to read better before you post.

I have never said I support the feature, nor have I ever promoted it. In fact I said I am against it. You need to read better before you post.

Not sure if you are trolling, or you are just new to the game. The "select target" is a feature they added to make PVP "almost" work again. MA has encouraged for the "select target" feature to be used since the manual aim and shoot doesn't work in the game because of high latency. It's not cheating, nor will anyone be frowned upon for using it. PVP is not for everyone, perhaps this activity doesn't suit you

Which part you deny from what u posted more exactly ? You already forgot what u did ?

Not sure if you are trolling, or you are just new to the game. The "select target" is a feature they added to make PVP "almost" work again. MA has encouraged for the "select target" feature to be used since the manual aim and shoot doesn't work in the game because of high latency. It's not cheating, nor will anyone be frowned upon for using it. PVP is not for everyone, perhaps this activity doesn't suit you

Which part you deny from what u posted more exactly ? You already forgot what u did ?

And where in that post do you read that I support it and that I promote it? I am just informing you what it is, why it is there and that it is considered a feature by MA, not a cheat.

Also, could you please use proper quotes, what you are doing now will cause A LOT of confusion, it looks like it is what you wrote, not me.

And where in that post do you read that I support it and that I promote it? I am just informing you what it is, why it is there and that it is considered a feature by MA, not a cheat.

By: PVP is not for everyone, perhaps this activity doesn't suit you
So if I don't exploit ST I shouldn't pvp at all... like Filip say : only Pk'er ST ! ?
Really ? Now you play innocent and if u saw WSS pointed too that u mistake and mislead you pick on me ?

By: PVP is not for everyone, perhaps this activity doesn't suit you
So if I don't exploit ST I shouldn't pvp at all... like Filip say : only Pk'er ST ! ?
Really ? Now you play innocent and if u saw WSS pointed too that u mistake and mislead you pick on me ?

I have no clue what you're trying to say, or why you somehow believe I am picking on you. I only responded with information regarding the topic. That is it.

Also, I believe that calling "select target" an exploit is wrong. It's there as a built in feature, intended for usage, and used as it was intended. Once again, I am not saying I like it nor support it, but it's there.

Noooooo ! NOOOOOO ! Is like you say remove comedy from RL !

An Adviser btw is nothing but a player like us with the adviser account.

Also why you want pvp so much, so you act like a clown? crying you got broke from shoting us?

And fun how with Cloud, none, but him, is ever right, now even challenging the forum mod :laugh:

I fought like hell to bring awareness to what Select Target did to PVP in General.

Then you add how it devalued and nerfed a lot of PVP gear which people who loved PVP were happy to spend thousands to get and tier.

I busted my a** to collect a nice setup and tiered it up and over night all of it turned to ash and was worthless because none of it mattered... I skilled on Explosive / Support skills, Cryo, Blades hours and hours peds after peds to become good in PVP. Over night that all ment nothing...

All the gear and skill in the world mean nothing against someone using Select Target

Thats just what I did, take all of the other players who did the same and much much more with thousands of dollars in PVP skills and skills that give more HP and bigger more costly weapons tiered to T10...

All worthless and meaning less against a guy with a 20 dollar cryo chip and a few enhancers and there select target

I made lengthy threads, reached out to everyone and provided soooo much info in detail about the devestating effect this one little thing has had on the game and the people in it.

If Mind Ark doesnt care about you guys which its very clear they do not... Then im done with it, its there game I went ahead and sold all my pvp gear and dont PK anymore. They wont it that way well they got it, cost me nothing not to PK, cost them income for me not to PK. Whos the smarter one?

An Adviser btw is nothing but a player like us with the adviser account.

Also why you want pvp so much, so you act like a clown? crying you got broke from shoting us?

And fun how with Cloud, none, but him, is ever right, now even challenging the forum mod :laugh:

Kid, do you know anything else except stupid trolling? Go play with u're mum and STFU !

I fought like hell to bring awareness to what Select Target did to PVP in General.

Then you add how it devalued and nerfed a lot of PVP gear which people who loved PVP were happy to spend thousands to get and tier.

I busted my a** to collect a nice setup and tiered it up and over night all of it turned to ash and was worthless because none of it mattered... I skilled on Explosive / Support skills, Cryo, Blades hours and hours peds after peds to become good in PVP. Over night that all ment nothing...

All the gear and skill in the world mean nothing against someone using Select Target

Thats just what I did, take all of the other players who did the same and much much more with thousands of dollars in PVP skills and skills that give more HP and bigger more costly weapons tiered to T10...

All worthless and meaning less against a guy with a 20 dollar cryo chip and a few enhancers and there select target

I made lengthy threads, reached out to everyone and provided soooo much info in detail about the devestating effect this one little thing has had on the game and the people in it.

If Mind Ark doesnt care about you guys which its very clear they do not... Then im done with it, its there game I went ahead and sold all my pvp gear and dont PK anymore. They wont it that way well they got it, cost me nothing not to PK, cost them income for me not to PK. Whos the smarter one?

What you have to say about WSS that when they can't decay they just ST ?
https://youtu.be/pqvyCJZQ0mU

i already starting to think you all your arrows about wss goes to Del . since u post all videos about him. And name of video -> WSS exploit , when you record him when 2 naked guys flame them selfs. And you call it exploit :)

As i know, it is every day experience in rig. And nothing special.

Last edited:

Um? Can you explain to me what im looking for? :scratch2:

I see DEL and Tiffany, they flame each other for a bit... Then DEL starts shooting at Tiff and missing a lot so hes fighting fair...

If anything you just gave DEL a ++++rep as its truly a rare sight to see anyone missing shots in pvp now days.

Well I really cant have to much to say seeing as I dont see WSS out there in this video at least. I see DEL, out PKing. But I dont see WSS?

He might be in WSS but god I hope 1 guy doesnt account for the whole soc... As much as I used to PK and ZEN a soc of 200 being labeled under one name esp if the guys a recruit not the General...???

Really guy?

Well he talk trash all the time saying he is against ST but still he use it !
And all WSS say are against ST still at least 1 of them use it !
I am talking about hipocrit here !

Kid, do you know anything else except stupid trolling? Go play with u're mum and STFU !

I do fact is, look at your skills, look at mine,
And mom jokes, tought I was the kid and not you :)

I do fact is, look at your skills, look at mine,
And mom jokes, tought I was the kid and not you :)

I missed that...

Ill tell you this much, you start talking bad about anyones mother... esp Paulos...

Please for both of our benefits, and to save the forum mods a ton of work. Dont do it. You have a mother you love your mother and if you dont or dont understand why it would enrage someone for you to even speak about there mother then please take my advice and not mention someones mom.

I missed that...

Ill tell you this much, you start talking bad about anyones mother... esp Paulos...

Please for both of our benefits, and to save the forum mods a ton of work. Dont do it. You have a mother you love your mother and if you dont or dont understand why it would enrage someone for you to even speak about there mother then please take my advice and not mention someones mom.

? I didn't said anything bad about he's mother. I just said he should go play with her and not troll me . That's all.
No mistake here... now what's you point ?

Maybe get rid of the Mountain Gorilla pet as well??

Well he talk trash all the time saying he is against ST but still he use it !
And all WSS say are against ST still at least 1 of them use it !
I am talking about hipocrit here !

ffs clean up your own soc.. o wait, you can't kick your leader..
select target is 1 thing, spamming it with a macro is another..

Sorry guys, for an on-topic post.

If this page is correct, select target has been in the game a LONG time, longer than select next target and some of the others like team target:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Action_library

vu 10.2 and select target already? Even the release notes, etc... at the entropia universe news page only go back to 10.8

EDIT: quick quote from Jan, 2008:

Switch to first person and dive... If you use the button for select target (dunno whats the standard for it), the one where your target gets a green square around it, its no problem getting it.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-The-underwater-claim&highlight=select+target

Last edited:
Status
Back