My sweating challenge - 200,000 bottles in 100 days

Status

DoA

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Daughter of Anarchy
The discussion that lead to this was something like this (well, excluding some strong language that would really not fit on here):

<Me> I still have 450 PED to pay for my apartment mortgage, about 500 if counting interest for a couple of month and I play to pay it in sweat bottles.
<Him> Hahaha! Delusional kid! Sweating 500 PED... will probably take you a few years.
<Me> Neah, I actually plan to do it in 100 days; I have a friend who's matching SSI price for me, so 2.5 PED / k, so "all" I need is 200k... 2k per day... totally doable in 100 days.
<Him> BS! You'll never do it. What's your SG profession level? And when did you start playing?
<Me> 13.24 and exactly six months ago.
<Him> My point exactly... you call yourself a sweater, but you only gained in six months what a hard core sweater would gain in a couple of weeks... you simply don't have what it takes to grind... and not only sweating, but anything - hunting, mining, crafting; you're just a BEEPING attention-seeker-drama-queen-forum-warrior - at how much you pollute your forum with your BEEPING nonsense I'm surprised you still have time to even play at all.
<Me> Believe what you want, but I'll do it; not to prove you anything, but just because I want and I can do it.
<Him> BS! Here's a challenge... do it (and prove it with skill gains) and I'll match the price that your friend is paying you... so I'll give you 500 extra PEDs, allowing you to make 1k PED (500 from me and 500 from your buyer) for your 200k bottles. But if you fail to do so (or more exactly when you'll fail to do so) you just stop posting on forums and go play with the other kids in the sandpit. Take it or leave it! Wait, I know already what you'll do; fake an excuse and leave it... like you always do.
<Me> Surprise... challenge accepted!

Money are in "escrow" now at a third party player we both trust, my post is up on forums (so, if I fail, he has the "prove" that I should stay out of forums) and challenge is going on. I'll try to update this post with my progresses on a regular basis (although, definitely, not daily).

Any tips on how/where to maximize my gain per hour would be more than appreciated.

Last edited:
that's not much of a challenge

you can totally do that in 100 days. I suck out 3k a day solo swunting for 7-8 hrs a day.
You can def do this in 67 days if you suck out 3k a day as well. If you do a group sweat like at LA 24 you can do 5k a day.

Reactions: DoA
Last edited by a moderator:
3h a day at a right place, you will do it without breaking a sweat :yup:

not a challange at all, u can do 1k bottles in less then 2h..

2,5 ped/k is a gift and u stated you would not ever accept gifts, current sweat price is 1,6 ped/k

anyway about OP, easy win, and GL with your bet.

If only i had known in my starting period that pissing of people would reap such benefits :)

I only have 67 points in sweat skill, but when I tried I got about 1K bottles an hour doing it at royal club, so I think it's 100% doable. 2 hours a day, no problem.

Lmao, guy messaging is a moron. I'm thinking he dislikes you so much it is clouding his thoughts. 2k a day is easy peasy, not to mention if you wanted to you could probably do more like 4k a day and just take some days off. :p

I might have to travel to Calypso for that then, since on Arkadia my averages are much lower:
- 200-300 bottles / hour if solo sweating and turreting mobs
- 300-400 bottles / hour on normal sweating circles
- 400-500 bottles / hour on supported sweating circles

I never AFK, I always counted my bottles per hour and I never got more than 500 bottles, not even in ideal condition (supported circle, with healing, sync, puller, kill team, etc).

If anyone gets more than this on Arkadia I'd be grateful for any tips; if you only get more than this on other planets, again, I'd be grateful for any info as in where you're doing it.

And about price... indeed, I consider myself lucky for being able to sell my sweat at 2.5 PED / K (and I'm sure grateful to my buyer), but then again at the time we made that deal that was rather close to market price and if instead of going down price would have gone up (like it may happen if certain tokens will be introduced) we would have still sticked with this price, so I don't really seeing it mostly as a gift (although to a certain degree it sure is), but more like a long term deal.

Reactions: das
This serves as a textbook example for anyone who doesn't understand why keeping a clear sober mind in a conversation is a good strategy. Whoever loses his nerve and becomes overly emotional unavoidably ends up getting bagged.

Lesson to learn... ;)

I might have to travel to Calypso for that then, since on Arkadia my averages are much lower:
- 200-300 bottles / hour if solo sweating and turreting mobs
- 300-400 bottles / hour on normal sweating circles
- 400-500 bottles / hour on supported sweating circles

I never AFK, I always counted my bottles per hour and I never got more than 500 bottles, not even in ideal condition (supported circle, with healing, sync, puller, kill team, etc).

If anyone gets more than this on Arkadia I'd be grateful for any tips; if you only get more than this on other planets, again, I'd be grateful for any info as in where you're doing it.

And about price... indeed, I consider myself lucky for being able to sell my sweat at 2.5 PED / K (and I'm sure grateful to my buyer), but then again at the time we made that deal that was rather close to market price and if instead of going down price would have gone up (like it may happen if certain tokens will be introduced) we would have still sticked with this price, so I don't really seeing it mostly as a gift (although to a certain degree it sure is), but more like a long term deal.

I was doing 5k bottles in 8 hrs @ royal club in a team. if you want to gather quickly that would probably be the place to go.

I hope you clarified what level in skill gains he is expecting you to be near in the end?
Otherwise he could just say you purchased it elsewhere if he doesn't think you have enough in SG level....just so that you don't waste your next 100 days sweating for no additional gain other than paying off your apartment.

I hope you clarified what level in skill gains he is expecting you to be near in the end?
Otherwise he could just say you purchased it elsewhere if he doesn't think you have enough in SG level....just so that you don't waste your next 100 days sweating for no additional gain other than paying off your apartment.

Yep, all details have been ironed and money are already in escrow on a third-party person we both (or at least I) trust 100%, which we both agreed will also act as a "judge" in case any disputes rises.

Anyway, worst and worst case scenario, sweating these 200k bottles was anyway my plan in the first place, even without his proposal, so not like I really have anything to lose. :)

i suggest RT, even if u will not find anyone u can sweat heaters, low damage and big hp

anyway all times i went there i found someone.

Cheers

i suggest RT, even if u will not find anyone u can sweat heaters, low damage and big hp

anyway all times i went there i found someone.

Cheers

Any idea about an hourly average on sweaters?

you can totally do that in 100 days. I suck out 3k a day solo swunting for 7-8 hrs a day.
You can def do this in 67 days if you suck out 3k a day as well. If you do a group sweat like at LA 24 you can do 5k a day.

We all do love your sucking skills. Giggity.

No, sry i usually sweat for relaxing or when i'm busy with RL, so i dont track the bottle gathered.

And i never been at LA24, perhaps is better than RT, but i prefer a place where i can go ahead alone if i don't find anyone.

So, in my opinion, the best mobs to sweat alone are §Heater on RT and Yog in monria cave, near turrets (i've ever found someone sweating here also)

With these 2 mobs you can afk sweating while doing something more interesting :)

GL!

So there are like my go to sweating mobs. They have 300 HP and do 1-2 damage.
I can dry them in 45 mins to an hour solo.

NO turret around tho for the good spots so u got to swunt them.

Love these mobs I do them when I am at work - i just come back every hour on the hour to kill em and pull another.

They HIT VERY fast - so I would suggest using a regeneration ring - or check your avatar every 20 mins u might need a heal.

so 300 an hour worst case here

So there are like my go to sweating mobs. They have 300 HP and do 1-2 damage.
I can dry them in 45 mins to an hour solo.

NO turret around tho for the good spots so u got to swunt them.

Love these mobs I do them when I am at work - i just come back every hour on the hour to kill em and pull another.

They HIT VERY fast - so I would suggest using a regeneration ring - or check your avatar every 20 mins u might need a heal.

so 300 an hour worst case here

First of all, thank you for the answer.

If they are 45 to 60 minutes for you, considering your evade rating, I doubt I can dry one in less than one hour, so probably that would be 300 an hour best case here (and atm I try to just sweat, not swunt, so not keen on spending money on shooting).

And since that is lower than my current average on a sweating circle on Ark, guess I'll pass - I see them as a good option only if you like to AFK sweat, which is not the case for me - I always hang around when sweating.

Still going strong on it (day 40 and have a bit over 80k sweat), but still not sure if I'll manage to complete it or not (making 2k per day is totally possible, but it starts to get tiresome after a while and covering up for a missed day or something is really taking an extra toll on one's sanity).

Note to mods: Anyway, since I'm trying to pretty much withdraw from forums, please do close the thread since I don't think I'll keep it updated.

Status
Back