Info: Win Trading

Kim|MindArk

Former Planet Calypso Official
Some players have been found to be using so called win-trading to level their pets in arena. This practice will disqualify the accounts involved from receiving beta competition prizes.

What is win trading you may ask? Its when you have one more more accounts that are set up to lose against a main account over and over again, thus feeding it experience, diamonds and PEDs.

I see everything

You see everything?!? What color underpants am I wearing? .... or am I wearing anything at all? :ahh:

You see everything?!? What color underpants am I wearing? .... or am I wearing anything at all? :ahh:

You are wearing white silk panties.... at least in my dreams...

But then those dreams didn't have the brown smudge in the back like yours do. :Of

Win trading happens in all games where it is possible. They're gonna have to limit playing against a person one time per day.

Some players have been found to be using so called win-trading to level their pets in arena. This practice will disqualify the accounts involved from receiving beta competition prizes.

What is win trading you may ask? Its when you have one more more accounts that are set up to lose against a main account over and over again, thus feeding it experience, diamonds and PEDs.

I see everything

thought u wanted us to test the game with multiple accounts.. of course not win trading...
... btw.. just include only linked accounts arena competitions while giving a general factor for village penalty.. don't ban them.. not like there is anything riding on beta.. its 50 bucks.. tie breaker goes to pure accounts..

though, would have been nice to have a heads up on 10 per day rule..
.. since I could easily use up all the ped diamonds and gold in 30 min. .. ergo lack of fair competition severely limits the game time
:cool::
Mach soon to be 4.0

I see everything

Thanks for explaining what the exploit is, it is nice to be in the know.

This is fantastic support from the compet team - well spotted, well handled and well communicated :wtg:

I see everything

world of warcraft arena & BGs wintrade since 2007 or around that time.Its an old concept.

I see everything

This can be avoid if 100ped value pack (20 ped and 16 battles pack) is to be allocated only when compet account is linked to a valid entropia email account. Some use to "skill" and transfer PED from unlinked account to their main account. When PED are available, progress is faster...
It is beta, nothing is "not allowed" until mentioned. Maybe a new reset will make thinks more obvious. Some people will get mad about a new reset but on the other hand that practice is bringing a big advantage to those players (skill & ped income).

OMFG.. now do that in EU pls!
Ban all exploiters, take the UA rewards back from mayhem.. then I'll be nice to you again :yay:

Why you guys never react this quick to similar shit in the main game? :)

Sadly because he is responding to what they are hoping will be their next main game, EU is old news now :(

This can be avoid if 100ped value pack (20 ped and 16 battles pack) is to be allocated only when compet account is linked to a valid entropia email account. Some use to "skill" and transfer PED from unlinked account to their main account. When PED are available, progress is faster...
It is beta, nothing is "not allowed" until mentioned. Maybe a new reset will make thinks more obvious. Some people will get mad about a new reset but on the other hand that practice is bringing a big advantage to those players (skill & ped income).
I certainly would have played my linked account differently had I known of these limits.. Really not sure, if we were informed of all the other changes, why not the forest battles. After all, only seems to direct us toward Arena comp.. Short and long games do require dif approaches .. now gotta consider unique surprises for the actual release.:cool:

as i can understand why they would limit the forest battles.. what am i now to do all day with this game? Is hard to find someone in arena.. at least with forest i was able to have some fun

losing ranking Points while winning is still not fixed

as i can understand why they would limit the forest battles.. what am i now to do all day with this game? Is hard to find someone in arena.. at least with forest i was able to have some fun

I like this change, instead of 10 per day it should be done via cool downs though if forest battles are done in succession, x number then increase cool down between battles etc. But the 10 per day is not a bad way to start steering more people into doing arena battles which is the bigger point of the game really.

We were told about the coming Forrest Battle limit of 10 per day. But now that I used up my 10 (very quickly) I grow bored. I can't raid because all I ever see is the "Wow! You have defeated all opponents" blurb. But yet, I get raided. Huge disadvantage. Tried Arena, and have yet to win a battle since I can't advance my pet.

During first stage of the open beta it was extremely fun for me. But yes, I have to admit that unlimited forrest battles should not happen. But 10 a day? Lets get real here now.

We were told about the coming Forrest Battle limit of 10 per day. But now that I used up my 10 (very quickly) I grow bored. I can't raid because all I ever see is the "Wow! You have defeated all opponents" blurb. But yet, I get raided. Huge disadvantage. Tried Arena, and have yet to win a battle since I can't advance my pet.

During first stage of the open beta it was extremely fun for me. But yes, I have to admit that unlimited forrest battles should not happen. But 10 a day? Lets get real here now.

Should have stamina that has to charge to dictate the amount of battles you can do. Also can pay to refill stamina or let it charge by time.

We are working one some kind of a method for actively re-generating forest battle attempts. The current thinking is that you gain 1 every 2 hours passively for a maximum of 8 stacked and you have a chance to generate new ones as a bonus reward from arena battles.

We are working one some kind of a method for actively re-generating forest battle attempts. The current thinking is that you gain 1 every 2 hours passively for a maximum of 8 stacked and you have a chance to generate new ones as a bonus reward from arena battles.

There is also a bug regarding forest battle reset time. Currently it says new battles available after 1D 2H... It should be only 2H in this very moment.

The counter 0/10 - sounds more logical to count the battles not the remaining attempts.

This 10 battle limit discourages new players, should be rethought.

I agree it is necessary involve players in pvp, but we need a way that doesn't let ppl with nothing to do at all.

After the 10 battle (all win) i have a lvl3 pet, i try to do some pvp but.... i can do nothing with so low HP against a lvl5.

second battle, i was against a lvl 4, it was a little more challange but also a no way to win. to big the difference in hp (we had same mana and same turns).

So, now, i have nothing to do, so i sent pet in mission... i'll come back to the game in 2hours.. or perhaps tomorrow because i'll go to sleep.

Cheers

PS... a little Off topic, i apologize .

I hope that is 8 stacked on top of the current 10 per day. Otherwise unlucky people like me will go from 10 Forest battle a day to 8.

There has got to be a better way. I enjoyed the Forest Battles, that and the working on my village were my favorite parts of the game.

Why cant there be some mobs in the forest which give only exp and no gold (or less gold then healing costs) and are available unlimited ?

The game suddendly has lost a great deal of activity, because it doesnt allow its players to play.
There is no point doing arena battles when you get matches against 2 levels higher in the early levels - it should be possible to set own search criteria - like seek only battles with pets of the same level / +1 levelrange / +2 levelrange / +3 levelrange / etc. - it is very possible to overcome 5 levels difference later on in the game, but certainly not 2 levels when you get matched lvl1 against lvl3 or lvl2 against lvl 4.

Why cant there be some mobs in the forest which give only exp and no gold (or less gold then healing costs) and are available unlimited ?

The game suddendly has lost a great deal of activity, because it doesnt allow its players to play.
There is no point doing arena battles when you get matches against 2 levels higher in the early levels - it should be possible to set own search criteria - like seek only battles with pets of the same level / +1 levelrange / +2 levelrange / +3 levelrange / etc. - it is very possible to overcome 5 levels difference later on in the game, but certainly not 2 levels when you get matched lvl1 against lvl3 or lvl2 against lvl 4.

Thinking the same thing.. +-2 early on is discouraging

The game's previous round left a feeling of both a console (ie street fighter) and pvp (ie pokemon).. too bad u decided not to merge these aspects... I doubt the game will become as widespread a mobile app now that unlimited forest play has been abandoned...
btw.. I'm not sure of the Farmville dynamic and thus have little idea what Compet now resembles ...

+1

I have read this thread and wanted to add my thoughts to the recent changes in Compet. The 10 day battle thing I really don't agree with. 10 battles a day spread over all pets you may have is way too low. I understand that the forest battles as it was before was too imbalanced but that was down to the auto fight feature. It takes a lot longer to complete fights when played out normally and just removing the auto feature would have cut down drastically on the number of fights that people would be able to do in a day. To me it just seems that the game has gone from one extreme to the other with the result that there is now very little to do in the game and I am left wondering just what is going to keep people playing this game when there are so many others out there.

I know that the limit on the forest battles is to force people to fight in the arena and yes that is all well and good if you can actually get a fight. I have tried a number of times since the update and have yet to get a fight. All I keep getting is the message that no opponents can be found which is extremely frustrating. Not only frustrating but it leaves you with very little to do. Yes, I can send my pet off on a quest. I can't really do much with regards to upgrading my village because I have so little gold and even if I have the gold once you set something to upgrade then you are left with nothing else to do.

So what do I do in this game now? Before I must admit the draw to keep trying to level my pet up and trying to level my village was hard to resist. Even if I couldn't find an arena match I could still battle something. But now I go in to the game, my 10 battles have been done, I can't find an arena match so all I can do is send my pet on a quest which leaves me with nothing to do except log out. There is no point staying in a game where there is nothing to do. And what you want is for people to be spending a decent amount of time in the game - you want to get them hooked.

I think you need to rethink the 10 battles a day in to something a little more realistic. That or at least make sure that whenever someone wants an arena battle they are able to get a match up. I do not believe that there has been no-one eligible for me to fight every time I have tried. I struggled to get an arena fight before the update. Now it just seems impossible. How about if there genuinely is no-one to fight in the arena then you are allowed a forest battle instead - that or you create an arena npc to fight. Because without the arena at the moment this is a fighting game where I am being told I can only fight 10 times per day - what's the point in that?

24 hours is a long time to go with very little to do in a game. If I installed this game as a new player who didn't have the interest of being a deed holder or from an EU background as the game stands now I would find very little to keep me coming back.

This.. :lolup:

Totally agree, it is what i said, but explaned in better words :)

would be nice if we could see everything too. e.g. lifetime statistics of battles against other players. if the data is already being stored, why not give us access too...

The limit on forest battles makes the game much more interesting because it means you have to actually think about what you're doing.

At the moment it also, unfortunately, means that the multi-account cheats have a great advantage in being able to level up faster, but that should be less of a problem when we're not given free (fake) PEDs to play with.

I would strongly suggest you don't bother with the real PED rewards for now, as they'll only go to the cheats that you haven't detected.

It would help greatly if there was a better system for arena matching, and perhaps if you fixed the raid system which I'm not at all convinced is working properly at the moment.

Back