10 forest battles/day counter proposals

gotto43

Guardian
Gotto LuckyStrike Gotto
Hello all,

We have seen one big issue is this 10 battles/day (in the forest). Also developers agreed to have a redesign in this issue. I would suggest placing our proposals about this topic.

My idea:
After those 10 battles in the forest to have a countdown at 15:00 minutes. After this 15 min you can have another one bonus forest battle. Once done the countdown start again. This is not about accumulating 1 battle every 15 minutes, so if one will stay 35 min doing some other stuff, it will not have 2 battles but a single one. Let's say a battle forest cooldown of 15 minutes.
This could motivate players to stay connected for another 15 min, getting some gold, doing some upgrades, etc. When checking again the counter they might realize they have to wait another 5 min for a new battle so they will wait... and so on.
A rough calculation, for a 4-5 hours connected there will be those 10 battles and maybe additional 10-12 battles. Those will not generate so much XP or gold, but keep people connected. There are missions bringing more XP in this 4-5 hours...

As mentioned already too many times, in this very moment, after about 1 hour you have no option... Imagine new players will start with no PED & PED battle packs.

I think people just need to adapt their strategy. Obviously a completely different approach is required now that there's a forest limit. It was mindless before, now you have to think.

Forest Battles and building the city were my favorite parts of the game. Just keep the auto battle system removed. Keep forcing the players to participate in the battles. That by itself really slows the pace of the game down. The higher the level of the pet the longer a manual battle is going to take. Reduce the gold amount given for wins to discourage the gold miners of the game. But my gosh give people something to do.

I play many other cell games and maybe come up with a regenerating token schema like they use.

example:
-Tokens can be Nutrio Bars to coax a pet into exploring the Forest.
-You generate tokens at x amount per hour based on residence level.
-Each level in the forest costs different amounts of bars.
-You can earn extra tokens as random rewards in arena and raid battles where you actually fight. Maybe even in Forest battles as a bonus for a win.

With these few factors you can space out over a day how many battles are done and also reward extra battles to people spending the time to upgrade village residence. As extra rewards it will draw people into more arena and raid pet battles for a chance to win some extra tokens for forest raids.

Some of this is a mix of other ideas I've read all put together into one little simple system that would make more people happy about this particular issue I think.

It´s obvious that the intention is to stimulate pvp in the game, as that is the main revenue source. It´s also quite apparent that you most likely will be able to either purchase more forest battles for real money or diamonds, or purchase a premium feature which unlocks more battles. also to increase revenue.

This will come at a cost of losing some of the less "hardcore" players as they will have nothing to get out of the game. A balance must be found, and i´m quite sure that the current setup is a test of that balance. I´m also pretty confident in saying that they will probably find a good balance for this as they seem to be allocating quite a bit of resources to communication and feedback for compet.

Kim also mentioned in another post that there were thoughts about adding a system in which you can "loot" more forest battles in arena, this would also stimulate pvp.

Needless to say, this is all just speculations, but this is where i would go from here from a business standpoint.

Alright, back on topic.

The proposed system is not bad, but I don´t think it would clash well with potential "casual gamers" who are used to the candy crush way of having your lives replenish up until a max over time. They would simply, probably, just think it was a bug or bad design.

What K-max proposed sounds like a well thought out idea. And also very easy to moderate.

I think it should be 1 battle available EVERY 1 hour(or every 2 hours), with a buffer depending on the amount of the residence upgrade. So if you are lvl 5, you will have 5 battles available after 5 hours time. After another 5 hours, you have 5 more. This makes people log in more. Those who want, could upgrade the buffer up to lets say DOUBLE the amount with real cash a.k.a. PEDS :)

Why not just heal your pet with diamonds instead of gold? Since the auto battle is removed there is no way to grind the whole game in one day.

I like the buffer idea. It should be possible to buffer several days' worth before maxing, so that people are more likely to want to catch up if they have lost time over a couple of days....

I think it should be 1 battle available EVERY 1 hour(or every 2 hours), with a buffer depending on the amount of the residence upgrade. So if you are lvl 5, you will have 5 battles available after 5 hours time. After another 5 hours, you have 5 more. This makes people log in more. Those who want, could upgrade the buffer up to lets say DOUBLE the amount with real cash a.k.a. PEDS :)

+rep on this.

The game should have is own forum . Also this game should be posted on some gamers/developers forums(ex. http://androidforums.com/ or http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games etc.) so some "outsiders" should beta testing too(some new ideas etc.) , after all some of us are only PC gamers not so in to this app games .Add a video trailer to Youtube even if is beta ...

I am ready to be boo'ed and hissed off the stage.

I have never really enjoyed PvP. Even in EU I avoid it like the plague. My favorite part of EU was the pets. I enjoyed leveling other peoples pets for them. Business was brisk when the rumours of compets started flying. lol But the pet aspect is what I enjoyed.

I know I now what the heck am I doing here since this game focuses on PvP?

The first open beta was fun for me. Lots of forest battles. PvE I really enjoy. Leveling up the pets and also working on the village I really enjoyed.

10 Forest battle is BS plain and simple. I did not mind one bit at all that the auto fight feature was removed from Forest battles. In fact to me it slowed the game down and made it more interesting. As then you started really having to pay closer attention as to what is going on. Plus also the higher you level the longer the battles are going to last. Just remove that 10 battle a day cap and keep the auto battle feature gone.

Anyway in the future to level other people pets for them? lol

Back