Question: Thyroid, Adrenal

Aio

Elite
Society
Veterans
Aio Dakina
Hey all,

For the mission galactica grind, where's the best sources of Thyroid & Adrenal?

I know Phasm, Gokibusagi, Morsusilex drop Thyroid and Estophyl drop Adrenal, but hilariously rarely for all (a few ped of oil per 1k ammo).

I'm assuming I'll have to visit Ark/Cyrene, but an idea of a mob would be great. Even better would be sources on Caly.

Mob wise I can hunt anything so I just need a quick source of both (dropping ~10% of loot).

These days on Ark, thyroid drops in very small amounts.

Adrenal + Thyroid = old alpha paneleons on Cyrene, drop it like 10-20% of the loot total. i cylced 8k on them to finish the kill point missions and 3 stages of the iron mission, ended up with 1.5k TT of each

There's an answer but u won't like it. Phasm, yes ;)

Also Brontes Cyclops in AG (couldn't try Steropes yet).

Edit: Cyrene, Young Empis Wasp just now. Almost one unit per kill.

Last edited:
Old tide claw on Cyrene drops thyro, 10+% of total loot (on a weekday afternoon, YMMV on a Saturday night). Provider AFAIK drops adrenal but not tested lately.

I've heard ambu on RT drop a lot of adrenal

But as people have said your best bet is any planet that's not Ark/Caly

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions all :) Gives me some ideas to work off. Panelons sound like I could do both at once which is useful.

I'll try out the ones on Ark + Cyrene; won't be going to RT because I disagree with its owner.

There's an answer but u won't like it. Phasm, yes ;)

Don't mind em, to be fair... and I need a new pair of Vain gloves...

Adrenal doesn't drop on ark after gold rush. Interesting that after last two gold rushes, adrenal and thyroid stopped dropping or are dropping in very small amounts. Both are replaced by oil residue.

Adrenal doesn't drop on ark after gold rush. Interesting that after last two gold rushes, adrenal and thyroid stopped dropping or are dropping in very small amounts. Both are replaced by oil residue.

thats weird, i understand if they made the oils a little rarer to increase MU, but surely this is a bug when you can kill 100's of mobs and loot just a few.

thats weird, i understand if they made the oils a little rarer to increase MU, but surely this is a bug when you can kill 100's of mobs and loot just a few.

Quite likely to be some kind of "dynamic" item limit. Perhaps planet partners have "oil quotas" now - I know that's one of the goals of the Galactica - get people moving around the planets.

Thawr/Duhol on Toulan rain both. There is barely any ammo in loot.

Had a feeling Toulan might be a shout..

Undisturbed planets like rock, cyrene, toulan don't get their oils exhausted because few visit it. I had hoped there wasn't a planet partner quota with their loot tables but apparently there is.

Undisturbed planets like rock, cyrene, toulan don't get their oils exhausted because few visit it. I had hoped there wasn't a planet partner quota with their loot tables but apparently there is.

I get Thyroid from Big Cats on Rock - doing that mission now .. the small ones drop one piece here and there, big ones drop bigger amounts

plus u allegedly get a stamina at the end of this mission chain so might be worth it if the tigers and panthers drop more oil.

Adrenal + Thyroid = old alpha paneleons on Cyrene, drop it like 10-20% of the loot total. i cylced 8k on them to finish the kill point missions and 3 stages of the iron mission, ended up with 1.5k TT of each

Amazing shout on this. Done 4x 106amps which is about equal to 1200ped ammo, and got 3k thryoid + 500 adrenal.

25% oil return was more than I expected, so thanks :) plus, globes give oil dumps which makes me feel like it's 2010, a semi-less shit period of PE ;)

I hunted rocktropia (seemed strange hunting these mobs there) for both those oils and got enough for the galactic mission in just a couple hunts. Thyroid from phasm and adrenal from sumima and mermoth.

Back