End Of Season II feedback

gekkegerrit

Old Alpha
Society
Pets For Sale
Now season II has ended, a very short one too, I thought I 'd post my hopes on what will be fixed for season 3.

!. The ranking system, a complete mystery how that works, won 10 battles in a row yesterday lost nearly 100 points in total. This I find the most frustrating part of ComPet so far.

2. Raiding system. Very annoying to click on the raid button to be charged gold just to find there is noone to raid. Please change it so as to present the list of possible raids and then charge if you decide to raid someone.

3. Lack of arena battles. It's not fun to sit there for a half hour trying to find a battle. Perhaps have an AI option for an arena opponent?

please feel free to add to this thread...

Again i had most won arena fights - 375 in total with a high win ratio - had to climb the ranking ladder probably a dozend times and every time when i got to around 1400/1500 i started getting negative points while winning which moved me back down into the 1300->1200->1100point region from which i then tried to climb again.
Extremely frustrating - the winner of season 2 btw has 66 arena wins and a lvl8 pet which doesnt even show for my lvl12 pet in search anymore.
Had to level a second pet and keep it at lvl9 so i could find some more fights.

A new practise is now being performed by players - people keep fighting till they start getting negative points and then stop and wait for an extended time - afterwards they try another fight to see if they are getting positive points again. I think thats not really a betatest aproach that one would want - having the potential testers not doing any testing because they want to rescue their points to the season end...

Sometimes search function keeps searching and when you try to stop it after awhile you cant - you have to close the compet and restart just to find out that the autofight for which you were searching had already been started and is now a manual fight which you jump in somewhere depending on how soon you notice that the system did start that fight in the background.

Search only finds players within a certain devisionrange (+-1) and pet level range (+-2) - this will severely limit the amount of players that you can actually find and will end you up most of the time battling the same players over and over.

I'd just like to add a few thoughts to what you have written from the lower end of the ranking scale. I have found it very difficult to find opponents although this past day have found more once I changed my bet to gold rather than peds.

But I haven't managed to win a single arena fight. I haven't got a great deal of fights under my belt due to struggling to find a suitable opponent but when I started to find more opponents they were all at least 2 levels above me. Now I agree that that shouldn't be a problem. But when you are level 3, 4 or 5 it is quite a big deal especially when it seems to me that to win at this game in the lower levels all you need to do is throw all your level up points into your HP. The first fight I got my health points were 32 and my opponents were 60. Kind of a big ask at such a low level and with only access to the first 4 abilities and only 3 of them on the bar. I had 38 HP by the next opponent I found and what was their HP? 86. Now that is absolutely ridiculously and totally unbalanced. Out of all the opponents I matched up with all of them had HPs way above my level. But I had worked at using my level up points in to levelling up my pet across all its base skills assuming that that's how everyone else would be playing it. Not just pumping up the HP level which is obviously what is happening.

So what I want to know is what is the point of the ferocity and endurance skills at lower level - I can't speak for higher level matches - if all you need to do is pump all your points in to your HP which then pretty much guarantees you the win?

I would like to see some benefit from putting your skill points into the other options otherwise we might as well all just do the same and bulk up our HP just so you have a chance of getting somewhere.

The other thing I would like is some pet specific battle skills. From what I can see all base pets use exactly the same battle skills, even as they level up. I think more strategy would come in if you had to choose a pet based on its initial skillset. Or if they had on each level of battle skills a skill unique to the pet. One unique skill out of four on every level may be more difficult to achieve but to have maybe at least one or two on start up shouldn't be too difficult. Even if it is only a stat change on an existing skill.

I would just like to add that I agree with the length of waiting for an arena match which is I think unacceptable. I will wait for a certain number of attempts and if I don't get one then I give up. To sit doing nothing whilst you try to get a match is frustrating at best. It's supposed to be a game and you want to be gaming, not just sitting there twiddling your thumbs. You have suggested an arena AI and I just wanted to say how I agree with you as in a previous post I suggested an arena NPC as an option to what is obviously an ongoing problem.

Last edited:
Now season II has ended, a very short one too, I thought I 'd post my hopes on what will be fixed for season 3.

!. The ranking system, a complete mystery how that works, won 10 battles in a row yesterday lost nearly 100 points in total. This I find the most frustrating part of ComPet so far.

2. Raiding system. Very annoying to click on the raid button to be charged gold just to find there is noone to raid. Please change it so as to present the list of possible raids and then charge if you decide to raid someone.

3. Lack of arena battles. It's not fun to sit there for a half hour trying to find a battle. Perhaps have an AI option for an arena opponent?

1 & 2 fully agree

3 - arena matches - don't go for ped bet in arena but 25 and 100ped. You have to find opponents. Imagine nowadays only a 200-300 players maybe? When fully launched should be much more then better chance to get a fast and closer match - same ranking, same pet level.

arena never has any opponents. how I would get higher on the leaderboard when this aspect doesn't work at all is beyond me

and there needs to be some skill based battle factor asap. right now, when I face an opponent with higher level, there's little I could do at all, other than hope for lucky rolls! how I'm supposed to level my secondary pet is a riddle without answer

Agree with 1-3; just hope new content and balancing are in the works.

Would be cool to log in and you get a free daily spin wheel and on that wheel has different free things that you could get depending on which one you hit. This can only be achieved if you win one Forest battle, one raid, and one arena battle. Example would be a free battle in Forest, or a free pack of gold/diamond, or you get what I mean. But knowing how things are, will take time and feedback from those who are beta testing.

When will the chat/or messaging in Compets become active?

Since top 3 players get awards, what about rewards for placing 25 or 50 to motivate players to continue beta testing?

Hope there will be more spells, bigger map(s) (besides the town you're given by default), and AI mobs in the future; who knows...even eventually allow EU pets to battle in Compets one day to.

Too bad the players aren't on the design team

Agree with 1-3; just hope new content and balancing are in the works.

Would be cool to log in and you get a free daily spin wheel and on that wheel has different free things that you could get depending on which one you hit. This can only be achieved if you win one Forest battle, one raid, and one arena battle. Example would be a free battle in Forest, or a free pack of gold/diamond, or you get what I mean. But knowing how things are, will take time and feedback from those who are beta testing.

When will the chat/or messaging in Compets become active?

Since top 3 players get awards, what about rewards for placing 25 or 50 to motivate players to continue beta testing?

Hope there will be more spells, bigger map(s) (besides the town you're given by default), and AI mobs in the future; who knows...even eventually allow EU pets to battle in Compets one day to.

I stopped playing after the first "season". Now, I'm wondering what to do with all my "real" pets in Entropia Universe since they obviously won't be used in Compets. That was where my hopes were in this.

1) It is using a rating system known as Glicko which was originally made for rating chess players.

2) Agreed, I'll make sure this is changed.

3) We thought about having an AI but it would be too risky for us in case someone managed to find a weakness that could be exploited. There should be far more players once the game goes live so we dont think it will be a problem.

1) It is using a rating system known as Glicko which was originally made for rating chess players.

So it is no bug to lose Points when winning Arena battles? Than.. have fun with real cash compet. LOL

Regardless whether its a bug or not it sure is pretty damn annoying which is why we intend to change it.

In chess you can rate players based on alot of factors like how quick or how clean they won, with how many losses on either side - but for compet to reduce it to a hitpoint comparison makes this rating tool kinda pointless.

Utilizing the experience/skill system of entropia and renaming experience to ranking points would do a much better job at slowing down players towards an intended softcap which will be lifted or increased in a later season.

Nice to see an informative response from Kim, but where did those useful suggestions in the thread go?

I know I suggested they maybe be moved to a better-titled thread, but if so can mods in future please put in a link.....l

Back