Info: ComPet Beta Season 2 Winners

E

Edgehog|ComPet

ComPet Beta winners season 2

Players:
Unity
DianaLOVEBrand
Pokemajstor

These players reached top positions at the end of season 2 and will all three receive 500 PEDs each on their accounts, at the end of the Beta period.
Send an email to support@competgame.com with your ComPet Beta registered email addresses and Device ID for us to verify your registration.

Well played!

The next round starts today and will end Sunday.

/ComPet team

Because we cant verify who was playing even though we got your name and score

It's so hard for us to program simple things when we are so busy making other games that don't meld with Entropia Universe. So, you can do the melding for us and if you forget, whoohoo that's how we make money.

Just take my $50 and pay a programmer to fix the stupid ranking score bug please!

Grats to the winners :)

Though all 3 of them combined had less arena wins then i did - still nice to be up there ;)

As Diana said, please fix ranking points - atm they are a farce and as much indicative as a lucky draw.

They actually make people stop playing to avoid loosing their points once they get in the top3.
Noone likes to get points taken away uppon a win...

Ranking points dont reset after the season?

Ranking points dont reset after the season?

No, the conecpt is that you get demoted by a number of points and carry a certain devision forward in the new season to work your way up from devision to devision with increased jackpots over several seasons - they just havent found the right way to deal with the existing softcap yet - giving negative points for winning is the wrong way to keep people from getting to high in rank early on.

What happened to your plans to disqualify the cheats?

No, the conecpt is that you get demoted by a number of points and carry a certain devision forward in the new season to work your way up from devision to devision with increased jackpots over several seasons - they just havent found the right way to deal with the existing softcap yet - giving negative points for winning is the wrong way to keep people from getting to high in rank early on.

Could you explain that a little more for me?
I dont understand how a 'season' can be competitive if the winner from the previous season already has all their points while a lower rank or perhaps someone just joining the game has 0?
Isnt the point of 'seasons' that the same person isn't always the winner?

(I am not playing to be competitive, so its not a personal issue for me, I just don't understand the logic)

Could you explain that a little more for me?
I dont understand how a 'season' can be competitive if the winner from the previous season already has all their points while a lower rank or perhaps someone just joining the game has 0?
Isnt the point of 'seasons' that the same person isn't always the winner?

(I am not playing to be competitive, so its not a personal issue for me, I just don't understand the logic)

The jackpot doesnt get paid to a single person, its merely a pool from which additional rewards get added to the normal rewards from arena fights.
The advantage for new players playing in a lower devision, is of course that they do not compete against those players who have already moved into a higher devision, but they can work their way up over time.
This should keep those players with advanced library research separated from those who are just starting out - a sort of balancing.

The library is already sorted/separated by pet level though........

Say you have a L6 library with everything possible researched..... your L1-L4 pets still can only use the lower level stuff since everything is pet level dependent right?

The library is already sorted/separated by pet level though........

Say you have a L6 library with everything possible researched..... your L1-L4 pets still can only use the lower level stuff since everything is pet level dependent right?

In the library of spells (Library bldg) it does show you what pet level requirement is needed when you click on a spell which tells you if your pet(s) can use that spell in accordance to the spell's pet level requirement; hope this helps.

In the library of spells (Library bldg) it does show you what pet level requirement is needed when you click on a spell which tells you if your pet(s) can use that spell in accordance to the spell's pet level requirement; hope this helps.

hehe :) that is my point.......

Your 'spells' are limited to pet level, no need for another limitation by ranking.

For example,
Level 1 bite requires an L1 pet, but L2 bite requires a L6 pet
Level 1 block requires an L3 pet, but L2 block requires a L8 pet
etc......

Therefore a 'pro' players L1-2 ped is limited to the same spells as a 'new' players L1-2 pet.
A 'pro' players L3-5 pet is limited to the same spells as a new players L3-5 pet.
etc......

There really isn't any difficulty (beyond what should be an honest challenge) in upgrading your spells as your pets levels increase, therefor I do not understand the point in separating 'pro' players and 'new players beyond what their pet levels already are.

suppose a 'new' player has a L6 pet and does not have all of the third row of spells researched, they will have a slight disadvantage vs a 'pro' players L6 pet with all of them researched, but in all honesty the 2 level difference in pets common in most battles would have a much larger impact on the outcome than rather or not they have every single spell researched, and that gives them something to work towards.

edit: to have it more interesting and 'dynamic' the pve pets could be drawn from the pool of real players pets (renamed of course) for a realistic variety in skills and spell selection.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerning the +- 2levels pet difference in arena battles, I have not seen any battles where the higher level didnt win unless there were connection issues. +- 1 level can be done depending on the individual pet setups with stats and spells, but 2 is insurmountable esp at the lower levels.

Something I would suggest as an idea to consider which could solve 2 major problems:
If there is no match found within 1 level within x number of seconds start a pve battle vs a randomly selected pve pet +- 1 level. This should only be possible in gold battles (not ped battles since you cant have players 'winning' peds from the devs), and there should be no ranking points won, only xp and gold.

This will have the effect of encouraging people to play more as they don't have to wait around for battles which is extremely frustrating right now, and it will provide for fairer battles overall.
With fairer and more frequent battles, there will be more activity and in turn more actual pvp battles taking place.

The goal is to have the game as fun and seamless as possible, this means that while battles vs other humans is the goal, there must be ways to keep players in off time zones, or random slow times of the day busy or they will grow frustrated, bored, and move on to the next 'cool game'.

There is spellupgrades (of the lowlevel spells) which can be used by lvl8/11/13 pets which require a higher level library which in turn requires a higher level residence which in turn requires a higher level pet - so to get all the spells for lvl11 for example you already need to have a lvl15 pet in place - which requires a lvl14 pet and 2 lvl10 pets in the upgrade process.

There is spellupgrades (of the lowlevel spells) which can be used by lvl8/11/13 pets which require a higher level library which in turn requires a higher level residence which in turn requires a higher level pet - so to get all the spells for lvl11 for example you already need to have a lvl15 pet in place - which requires a lvl14 pet and 2 lvl10 pets in the upgrade process.

Yes.... that is what I explained in my last post.
It does NOT effect the strength of your lower level pets if you have maxed out abilities on your higher level pets.
I don't know how I can make myself any more clear.

If you have a L5/10/15 pet you have leveled up more than one pet.
If you have leveled up more than one pet you will have observed that your low level pet could only use L1 version of bite even if you had L2 or L3 etc of bite researched.
If your low level pet is limited to the low level versions of the spells then it is on an equil (fair) playing field as a new player with the same level pet.

Does that make sense now?

Last edited:
Yes.... that is what I explained in my last post.
It does NOT effect the strength of your lower level pets if you have maxed out abilities on your higher level pets.
I don't know how I can make myself any more clear.

If you have a L5/10/15 pet you have leveled up more than one pet.
If you have leveled up more than one pet you will have observed that your low level pet could only use L1 version of bite even if you had L2 or L3 etc of bite researched.
If your low level pet is limited to the low level versions of the spells then it is on an equil (fair) playing field as a new player with the same level pet.

Does that make sense now?

If you level up a pet to level 8 the first time with all the lvl8 spells from the respective lvl3 library - this pet still will be utterly destroyed by a lvl8 pet that is a second/third/fourth/etc pet to a player who has a lvl15+ main pet and access to the lvl5 library spell upgrades.
Thats why players who have been playing longer will be more successfull with a lowlevel pet then those players who work their way up for the first time.

I disagree.
There are no spells a L8 pet can use that are not avaliable with a L4 library.
Therefore your L15+ pet/library research holds no advantage over a player who's top pet is L8.

Yes when he first hits L8 he won't have it all researche'd. But that is also the time s/he needs to be leveling up several new pets which gives him plenty of time/gold to research his new spells for his L8.

I can agree that a stupid player at L8 will have a disadvantage, but he has lived with that disadvantage his entire life and most governments have rewarded him for it.

Last edited:
I see where you both are coming from and have valid arguments (JBK and Narf), but yeah the arena balancing of things will take time to conjure up any immediate plans to fix the long wait times and usual bugs. But I do find it important for us beta testers to verify and test, and come up with intuitive tactics and strategies to defeat our opponents even if they're two levels above us. Also, if non player arena battles take place, would only delay wait times and then it could even be possible to not even be called player versus player and just become player vs AI/NPC. So, all in all I think more dynamics in more pets (new abilities and/or strategies in talents and ofc new spells) could bring more fruition into an even more dynamic play when it comes to arena battles in the future. Forgot to say gratz to winners to, hehe.

Also, if non player arena battles take place, would only delay wait times

I see your point.
How about a list while you are waiting for your battle showing all battles currently taking place by opponents eligible to fight your selected pet and the round they are currently in?

If you saw that there were battles taking place you would be more willing to wait till one is over to get matched against someone as opposed to logging off out of boredom.

I see your point.
How about a list while you are waiting for your battle showing all battles currently taking place by opponents eligible to fight your selected pet and the round they are currently in?

If you saw that there were battles taking place you would be more willing to wait till one is over to get matched against someone as opposed to logging off out of boredom.

Big thumbs up for trying to think constructively/ for thinking constructively (is trying unnecessary... ahmmm not necessary to say it I mean?). Ok, I think my brain isn't working, so I'll keep it short.

Love the idea - maybe a simpler figure would be enough, though.
On the other hand, if you are the first person searching and get a "zero matched others have recently fought" result, you will stop the search right away again, missing a small but possible chance that someone will start looking a few seconds after you while your search is still active.
Maybe it should check for potential - just searching - battle partners too (not including your own looking). That way you can signal interest, do a round of something else (raid or so) if there is no-one to fight, then return and wait a little longer.

We should also note that there is supposed to be a chat section which isn't ready yet. That would be a way of signalling what sort of fights you would like to match up against.

This post might be more appropriate elsewhere (and preceeding comments), so I don't if it is moved and kept together as a suggestion!

There should be an arena building that you can upgrade which provides slots where you can put your pets and they are constantly searching for autofights as long as you are stocked with battle packs of the type that you selected to use.
Higher level arena buildings allow more pets to be simultaneously looking for autofights.

This allows you to manage your village and raid other players while your pets are searching for fights.

Maybe popup a 5 second timer each time a fight is found to ask if you would want to take over manually - this could also allow you to jump between several fights each time a new request pops up while you are already fighting.
The choice which fights may need your personal attention and which you trust your pet to win alone is entirely yours.
If you enter an autofight manually the respective other player will be prompted with the info that you took over control for your pet and he/she has the option again to do the same for his/her pet even if he just declined to take over on the first request.

This concept also would automatically solve the issue of finding players for a fight , because there would be pets searching for fights all the time.

Last edited:
Nods encouragingly :D
While definitely something the devs should consider, I think we are starting to see a rift between the two possible battle modes, namely auto- and player-controlled battles.

I don't know how high battles are expected to get, but even above lvl 10 in the 1st round I was wondering if an active fight was really worth the time. Pleasurewise I wasn't getting much of a kick of beating a clearly weaker opponent (or vice versa) anyway, and I could tell mostly by stats alone which battles against a human I would win or lose.

My suggestion is to open up the possible battle 'slots' you can play to maybe a dozen or more (and more attack types ofc), some of which have quite a long regen time or can only be used after round 15, something like that. Thus, you do not know at the start of a battle which skills your opponent has available for later on in the fight, or if he/she has gone for the more general cards. Maybe a card like bite only has 5 uses and if you want to have more bites available, you need to fill another slot with it.

NB: this thread is rapidly becoming a very good suggestions thread - I hope the devs are made aware of it, or can signal to us that they have seen it.... :)

Edit: I know in other threads I have also been a bit negative on my current expectations. This is partly due to my not liking the recent announcements with VERY limited connections across to EU, both of peds and pets! But I will also try and take part in positive community suggestions if we see some signs that they are being heard.

Last edited:
Enjoying learning this game :)

Is interesting to poke around a game where there is no rule book to tell you how to play. Same as when I started in EU - no rule books and figuring things out on my own until I finally was invited to join a soc :)

#space_flight - connecting travelers with space service providers

Hi everyone :D

I think both suggestions are very good - the wait list for the arena and an arena building. Both could be implemented as I don't see one excluding the other. The wait list for me I see as quite an important update that the devs should consider. To know that there are players online would be a great help. The problem with the arena at present is you spend your time waiting, you try again, you wait again and you end up feeling that there is no-one else online but you so you give up. Knowing that there are players online but they are tied up in matches would make you wait longer for a match up because you know then that it is just a matter of waiting. But just getting that searching screen and then the no opponents found screen time after time leaves you feeling that you are waiting in vain and that there is no-one around.

I know when the social side is implemented you will know whether there are ppl online or not but you will also find that ppl will just chat as they do in global chat in any game but it doesn't necessarily mean that they are actively doing arena matches.

And Jetsina I totally understand where you are coming from with regard to the EU/Compet link up that now seems to be being buried. I did believe initially that there would be a link through with regard to the pets in EU - a way for us to sell higher level pets than is available in Compet (and low level too). I don't believe it would be difficult to do. Selling rare and high level pets in an auction house in Compet should become part of the game as a matter of course and I don't see why this can't be linked to EU. I would also like to see rare pets being won not just in the forest but through events too - pets that could be one offs or time limited to acquire so there won't be too many to flood an auction house so as to keep the demand high. An auction house could be expanded to sell other items as the game grows. But if there doesn't end up being that link with EU I will be very disappointed as that promise of a link between the two games is what made me buy the Deeds in the first place. Besides that I would like there to be more we can do with the pets in EU. They take time and money to level up and there should be a better reward than just the odd buff. I think if pets were able to be sold this way from EU it can only benefit both EU and Compet.

Just one more thing as an aside - since the limit on forest battles has anyone got any pets from the forest? I haven't found one yet.

Just one more thing as an aside - since the limit on forest battles has anyone got any pets from the forest? I haven't found one yet.

I had one battle against a special mob so far, but not gained a pet from it yet - its hard to keep motivated doing forest battles though - they have become super boring (mobs are straightforward kills cause most of them have no heals anymore) and their rewards kinda suck when you already have the level5 buildings.

Back