Open Letter for MA

Manique

Marauder
Society
In Da Pocket
Paulo Manique Santos
Dear MA/Devs,

For nearly 9 years I been a participate of this universe,
Its been the one taking most of my time, and its love for it that kept me always around.

I'm not here to bitch about select target, exploiters, or whatever, because honestly, if you cared, you would've done something by now.

It is depressing that as years pass by the game gets worse in stability and performance, i can run any new title pretty much maxed out, without any problem, however in EU that doesnt happens because of bugs that been around for many years. Without a fix yet.

Its upseting a game that evolves so much cash compared to others, has such poor care taken over time.

I've been struggling to even login for the past hour now, as long as some other people, getting timed out / crashed right away.

Dont you blame our connections.... i speak for myself, i got 100/20.
Dont you blame our pcs... I got decent enough pc to play anything at 60fps maxed out atm.
Dont you blame some settings or whatever else.

Take some responsability of the mistakes done it and fix them, instead of wasting time on some other secondary stuff, fix what you have at the moment, at the pace this goes, neg rep keeps spreading in EU.

It will be by far, a horrible idea to keep hosting events of any sort with servers with this current Stability.

My activity dropped cos of lack of motivation, when i see exploiters, alt users, bot users, all taking advantage, that, should be banned, and yet its fine because its a selected few group.
I always dedicated myself losing my time, and patience for the hobby i grew to love and is a part of my life.
I don't seek any reward, but to have the game enjoyable and with the environment we had pre VU10.

At this moment, i see less people on, more adopting dodgy methods, more using alts for economical advantage, more using bots to hunt afk to take lead over others, and quite a bunch more flaws that i pointed out... and yet keep being ignored.

I got patience, but a lot of people will not stay as patient and as long as I've been here
Any new game turns more appealing and works better, even for 60€ on release day, its probably far cheaper than a lot of EU players have as experience and also far funnier.

Over the years i've seen people i met leaving EU, some because RL, some because its not EU anymore,
when some come back, they find the same bugs, they find the market more messed up, they find what they called Entropia Universe once, slowly crumble, and why did we put EU aside, for a pokemon-facebook-like-app game?

Entropia Universe its been unique, and for that, it'll require work and polishing to keep its status over the years.
It doesnt look as amazing anymore, technology developed,

To sum up, what keeps us here is the mix of long term love for the game, and the social aspect
The social aspect, we can have playing other things with friends we met here.
The long term love... slowly fades away, and EU turns to be a secondary thing.

Please listen to players, and some opinions, be part of the comunity you bring to play the game.

Anyone that would like to share some toughts, be my guest.

There are some issues right now for everyone. Was having trouble executing trades, using TPs, and crashing a bit earlier.

Watching a mining stream right now and it was taking his finder 30 seconds to complete a search.

It happens sometimes I guess. At least these types of days are rare.

Is fine on Ark.

Here I thought we could go 1 week without one of these threads... right on time.

Is fine on Ark.

Here I thought we could go 1 week without one of these threads... right on time.

Seems to be limited to Caly atm, just had a friend try to log in for an hour and he just finally got in, also on caly.

Is fine on Ark.

Its not only planet related, its population limit or whatever, i dont know the terms.
I could also go a week without listening how your LAs is the best MU source in EU because it isnt ... right on time.

Its not hiding the problems that are going to make them go away, they got to be fixed...
I just politely asked enough on support to the point i got burnt out.
Proof, i gave them all they'd want, since its in terms of use to report if you know.

But the moment i know, for example, a guy using bots, that I reported, DID get banned..... for 3 days, then was asked not to do that again, but yet, did it, and np at all. its just mockery at that point

Seems to be limited to Caly atm, just had a friend try to log in for an hour and he just finally got in, also on caly.

Yea i could after 1h,

Thing is

How is this welcoming for others?

I play Eu for long enough to know what to expect
Other people that got major basic problems, will just ignore EU and move on
That is whats more concerning, my concerns are more of public reason other than my own personal cases.

the lag is from the latest update

they need a solution to the lag and it looks to me as if the cause of the problems across the board is because we are downloading inventory images every time we open the inventory . there is no need for that even if the graphics cache needed clearing. the solution is to call this data FROM the USERS COMPUTER ONLY. they would save a million dollars a year in bandwidth alone - the players would be happy er happier lol and more money would flow everywhere.

they need a solution to the lag and it looks to me as if the cause of the problems across the board is because we are downloading inventory images every time we open the inventory . there is no need for that even if the graphics cache needed clearing. the solution is to call this data FROM the USERS COMPUTER ONLY. they would save a million dollars a year in bandwidth alone - the players would be happy er happier lol and more money would flow everywhere.

For me, those rendering problems are not much of a problem, but speaking for the general population, some people will play on average PC, that would lag like hell with that,
To add those improvements they should be properly tested and not make people be beta testers costing PED to all for someone else's mistakes.

But you also recognize that, at certain times of more population, or events, the servers cant hold on at all.
Its just the wrong policy to try to make the best events without a way to allow players to enjoy them.

Sorry guys, seems our hunt in waves lags servers, if it is so, we will see just now since started again

that would be super problem if whole server cant handle 5 people hunting.

keep in touch till end of hunt

https://www.twitch.tv/jodaeu

people please help track problems on lag meanwhile
//mg

Sorry guys, seems our hunt in waves lags servers, if it is so, we will see just now since started again

that would be super problem if whole server cant handle 5 people hunting.

keep in touch till end of hunt

https://www.twitch.tv/jodaeu

//mg

Thanks for the post
Im curious if this is the problem, because if it is, how are we supposed to have "1 million jobs" if the servers cant even handle 5 people hunting in the same area.

EU, a place that has such high records for highest purchases and yet has such weak servers. thats depressing to say the least.

Seams the server cant handle our teamhunt of 4 people, we did stop the skilling now..... (was it 3 jobs?)

seems all right, we stop, will wait ma for fix.

Seams the server cant handle our teamhunt of 4 people, we did stop the skilling now..... (was it 3 jobs?)

So tested
few people on radar hunting the same heavy dense spawn = whole server lag

Who's excited for migration now ? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It's reasonable to assume PP's can dynamically change the overall capacity of their planet by adding or removing virtual servers.
Like, at low population periods they could use, say, 5 virtual servers for all the area servers that make up the Planet Collapso. If online population increases they could divide those area servers between 10 servers and for mass events like LG and Migration some area servers may get their own dedicated virtual server (1 area server = 1 virtual server).
If thare's any truth in this theory then those performance problems on certain planets are result of bad planning and slow reaction time when trying to adapt to the changing population numbers? And too greedy policy trying to save on fixed costs prolly as well?
Idk, just a theory. :smoke:

How about listening to your customers , sorting out promised upgrades which are long overdue , ( including mothership upgrades , space revamp, promised long ago) fixing existing bugs , before going down the road of even thinking about TP fees and spending time on graphical updates which really were not necessary and cause more bugs to pop up.

If you cant do this then let us know , you never know maybe we can help.

There are some issues right now for everyone. Was having trouble executing trades, using TPs, and crashing a bit earlier.

Watching a mining stream right now and it was taking his finder 30 seconds to complete a search.

It happens sometimes I guess. At least these types of days are rare.

Most of the lang today on Calypso had to do with an event going on near TPs where a few were talking on Daikiba with their grenade launcher and loot pill just slowing the server down to a crawl all while streaming it live. It was kind of crazy with them going well over event #110 before I gave up and stopped watching.

Is fine on Ark.

its totally NOT fine on arkadia have you been there lately the lag is worse than when the graphics cache was too full...

. and why did we put EU aside, for a pokemon-facebook-like-app game?

Right here, right there !

Compet was, is and will be bad for EU.

They said somethin like that : " we are developping content " .

Sorry to say but Compet is no way bringing content to EU.

So much things could have been done in EU, that is frightening..

But here is an idea : you should rename Compet as "Castle Compet", does it rings you a bell ?

:deal:

Right here, right there !

Compet was, is and will be bad for EU.

They said somethin like that : " we are developping content " .

Sorry to say but Compet is no way bringing content to EU.

So much things could have been done in EU, that is frightening..

But here is an idea : you should rename Compet as "Castle Compet", does it rings you a bell ?

:deal:

Mindark is the only company whose players are so crippled by their stockholme syndrome that they would let them get away with completely ignoring development of their game for years on end :laugh:

I noticed I have had 10 more ms in ping than usual. From ~30s to ~40s, but no big lagg or such.

just do it like i did. stop playing or at least stop depositing. if most of the people would do that they would have to change something. if people only complain but keep playing and depositing they dont see the need to change something. because honestly, they dont care a single dipshit bout what is written in the forum. the only thing that makes em change something is lack of money flow. maybe some ubers should withdraw a few million peds to make the system crash so they can restart.

I noticed I have had 10 more ms in ping than usual. From ~30s to ~40s, but no big lagg or such.

Maybe 30 "ms" to 40 "ms" because if it's 30 seconds thats not playable at all...

Last edited:
So tested
few people on radar hunting the same heavy dense spawn = whole server lag

Who's excited for migration now ? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Pretty sure the issue is not the number of people on the same radar or area, the issue as seen on several occasions since 2004 is the number of queued events. Remember the old term "loot lag"?

Edit:
Ok, let me clarify. Queued event is: Damage Dealt, Damage Taken, Looting (and the equivelent action for the other professions. )

Some stability would certainly be nice :rolleyes:

The funny part is. MA would benefit from Bot hunters.

As with speedbuffs etc introduced most players hunt without the need for armor decay or fapping. A bot however could not manage that. So it would increase decay income for MA.

Quite ironic :D

Thanks for the replies so far
And please keep personal attacks off
This is ment to be 2 sides comunicating

Players with Devs, for a greater good possibly

I pointed out what i felt EU is lacking feel free to do the same and can only hope something will come out of it

One thing i forgot to mention on my main post and i'd like to see fixed for the sake of a lot of ppl and incoming depositors

Pills, they are nice, some of them
People should be given the chance to refine them or TT them for uni ammo or tt them,
Its their PED and its not being used or turned into the system, anyone agrees?

One thing i forgot to mention on my main post and i'd like to see fixed for the sake of a lot of ppl and incoming depositors

Pills, they are nice, some of them
People should be given the chance to refine them or TT them for uni ammo or tt them,
Its their PED and its not being used or turned into the system, anyone agrees?

Yes please. I have 5k in neuro Ys. Also same should go for any starter pack item too. I don't even care if it's 80% of tt value back as universal ammo.

I did ask them about this and they told me they couldn't swap the pills for Peds. Ill never use these red pills.

With boxes, in terms of TT you get what you paid for, but they are actually a lottery;
- you may get exactly what you paid for (like UA)
- you may get less than what you paid for (like certain pills or L rings which you can't trade/tt)
- you may get more than what you paid for (like UL rings or legendary pets)

If you feel uncomfortable with this kind of gamble (like I do), then just deposit normally / buy UA, is as simple as that.

Otherwise, with what you're asking for - only pros (like I didn't heard anyone complaining they got a nice UL ring), but no cons (since you say you should TT all you don't like) it will actually mean a devaluation of PEDs, since your $10 may give you 100 PED in the worst case scenario, but much more in the lucky scenario.

With boxes, in terms of TT you get what you paid for, but they are actually a lottery;
- you may get exactly what you paid for (like UA)
- you may get less than what you paid for (like certain pills or L rings which you can't trade/tt)
- you may get more than what you paid for (like UL rings or legendary pets)

If you feel uncomfortable with this kind of gamble (like I do), then just deposit normally / buy UA, is as simple as that.

Otherwise, with what you're asking for - only pros (like I didn't heard anyone complaining they got a nice UL ring), but no cons (since you say you should TT all you don't like) it will actually mean a devaluation of PEDs, since your $10 may give you 100 PED in the worst case scenario, but much more in the lucky scenario.

You're missing the point
I do buy shrapnel cos its easier to track returns that way for me
However this means less ppl buying boxes, less income for MA's side

Im not a MA's sent soldier, but its not a positive thing, people, should have the chance like the full TT (L) Rings to convert what they dont want to uni ammo, that way at least, its garanteed to be cycled again

Back