Starter Packs & Ammo Question

Hello. I am wondering about the Starter Packs. I'm having a difficult time deciding on which one I want. I see the armor as not being a very big deal, that will be replaced before very long anyhow. I'm basically debating within myself about between the Silver, Gold and Platinum packages. I've perused them all numerous times now.
Seeing as how I have no time in-game and I'm not sure of the value of really anything, other than what I've seen in some, mostly outdated YT videos, I am questioning the need of some of the items in the larger packages.
My real interest lies in the amount of skill boosters in the two largest packages. How hard are they to get in-game? How much do they cost in-game? I know they drop as loot in-game. Roughly how often does that happen?

I'm also curious about ammo and how far it goes. If you have say, 1000k ammo for your weapon, does it work depending on how many 'rounds' it fires each shot (i.e. 200)? Then, would it just be, for that gun, 1000k/200=5k shots for that weapon before expending all the ammo?

Thanks for your time reading this :D

Hi there Feonix,

I just started like a couple of weeks ago but I can help u somehow.

U already answered ur question about the ammo. 1000k/200=5k shots.

Im wondering buying a starter pack so hopefully some experienced player may help us.

But I tell u, as far as im concerned, u have to invest a LOT of time in this game to get ur things, so if u dont have enough time to grind, hunt, sweat, get fruits or whatever i'd suggest u to really think about whether playing this game or not. Just saying. If u want a game where u get the things fast, this is not the one u're looking for.

I wish u luck, feel free to add my avatar in game so maybe i can lend u a helping hand.

See u!

But I tell u, as far as im concerned, u have to invest a LOT of time in this game to get ur things, so if u dont have enough time to grind, hunt, sweat, get fruits or whatever i'd suggest u to really think about whether playing this game or not.

Thats also a reason why EU has alot of old players who played the game over 10 years and are still around and getting more skills each day.

I started the game in 2004 and im still here but with few breaks.

Personally I don't see them as great value if you get yourself a good mentor. Let's run down what's in the packs (I'll use the platinum as I can explain everything at once):

- Premium chardef - I don't know the difference between this and normal (as us "oldtimers" have always had full functionality). However, it must be noted that there are players who will perform beauty treatments in-game for free, just to gain skills in this area. If not free, then token amounts of PED is required...

- Adj. Harrier - This armour is almost useless; total protection (close) of 4 pts is so small. Add to this, you should be hunting Puny mobs when you first start out which hardly hit you, it's pointless. The only benefit of this set is the +8% run speed - but note, running speed in Entropia is not a particular boost - for non-combat, you have vehicles & teleports, for combat you still won't be able to out-run mobs you couldn't without the runspeed gain. Secondly, once you complete your discipleship, you'll get an armour (Adj. Pixie) which far outperforms Adj Harrier, and will last you for at least your first year in Entropia before needing to be upgraded (and even then, probably only with plates).

- Strongboxes - This is just a gamble. Best result is you get a ring which is worth 1,000+ PED, worst you get a bunch of totally useless and untradable pills. I'd avoid these until later in the game.

- Skillboost pills - These are really useful. But, your skills will raise very quickly anyway when you're very new. Skills are gained on a logarithmic scale, so the first 1000 will take as long as the next 500 etc. I would see the pills being wasted at low levels, but it depends how quickly you want to get to a certain level. You can't get the pills in-game; you can buy Strongboxes (above), you can get other sources of skill gains.

- Nutriobars & Pet-tags & Animal brush & whip - Depends if you want to get into Taming (expensive and basically a tertiary service). But can be obtained later in-game for very similar prices.

- Electric Attack Nanochip - this is something you'll grow out fast and is (L); you can get the same in-game for just as cheap.

- H-DNA - totally useless. You get free revival anyway.

- Mindforce Implant/Implanter/Synth.ME - all available in the in-game trade terminals, immediately.

- Teleport chip - this is useful, I would think everyone playing at above noob-level would own a TP chip. It's a very similar chip to the ingame "I" chip, however this is expensive in (L) and (unL) versions...

- Oil - the most common Enmatter in-game, and is used for vehicles fuel... very easily obtainable.

- Lupus 4x4 - a better version of the car you'll get through the newbie missions, but not significantly so.

- 100 PED (when you've deposited for 600, valuing all the other items combined for approximately 480PED (including deposit fee))

- Mining equipment - Mining can be very expensive when you start out. Mining is all about hunting for markup and collecting enough to sell in bulk, so without a significant bank-roll it is a good way to lose money.

- I0 Pulse (Fap) - this is actually pretty good, useful to have an unlimited FAP. But, you'll grow out of it and it's untradeable.

- 150PED UA - it's untradable ammo, does what it says on the tin.

- Z12+Amp+Scope+Sight - it looks cool, but you'll grow out of it fast. Plus, again, it's avatar bound.

____

I think overall, if you were to deposit 600 PED rather than buy a kit, you would have a better start in life with a good mentor. There's always the temptation to blow that 600 on an expensive item, or hunt/mine/craft above your level, but if you're sensible starting out, follow the newbie missions and collect the gear from that, I think you'd do better.

The armour may not but any good for hunting but if you plan to do any mining it's very useful, especially if you pair it with a small Hermes ring (also gives speed boost).

Get gold or nothing

Agreed

Get gold or nothing
The Sinkadus amp fits like a glove on the HK110 which is not only the best nubee laser weapon but is also a pretty dam fine finisher. This is the only set worth anything IMO.

Hello. I am wondering about the Starter Packs. I'm having a difficult time deciding on which one I want. I see the armor as not being a very big deal, that will be replaced before very long anyhow. I'm basically debating within myself about between the Silver, Gold and Platinum packages. I've perused them all numerous times now.
Seeing as how I have no time in-game and I'm not sure of the value of really anything, other than what I've seen in some, mostly outdated YT videos, I am questioning the need of some of the items in the larger packages.
My real interest lies in the amount of skill boosters in the two largest packages. How hard are they to get in-game? How much do they cost in-game? I know they drop as loot in-game. Roughly how often does that happen?

I'm also curious about ammo and how far it goes. If you have say, 1000k ammo for your weapon, does it work depending on how many 'rounds' it fires each shot (i.e. 200)? Then, would it just be, for that gun, 1000k/200=5k shots for that weapon before expending all the ammo?

Thanks for your time reading this :D

Skill boosters does NOT drop in game, ever. They "drop" only from boxes that you buy in the webshop. You can get small short time skill boost bonus in game. that last anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes. This skill boosts are gained from actual activity and is triggered randomly.

You can buy skill gain pills from the daily mission token trader.
Do not know prices or type/strength of pills

Hi there Feonix,

I just started like a couple of weeks ago but I can help u somehow.

U already answered ur question about the ammo. 1000k/200=5k shots.

Im wondering buying a starter pack so hopefully some experienced player may help us.

But I tell u, as far as im concerned, u have to invest a LOT of time in this game to get ur things, so if u dont have enough time to grind, hunt, sweat, get fruits or whatever i'd suggest u to really think about whether playing this game or not. Just saying. If u want a game where u get the things fast, this is not the one u're looking for.

I wish u luck, feel free to add my avatar in game so maybe i can lend u a helping hand.

See u!

Thanks. I will look you up soon :)

gold or platinium because of zinkabus or whatever :wise:

None of the packs are really worth it.

But if I was going to get one as a beginner, it would be gold or platinum. The amp is nice to have, as well as the speed boost armor. The pills are the best part (though you can get this from the reload pack now).

Still haven't figured out how to get rid of this animal brush lite that I can't TT...

Personally I don't see them as great value if you get yourself a good mentor. Let's run down what's in the packs (I'll use the platinum as I can explain everything at once):

- Premium chardef - I don't know the difference between this and normal (as us "oldtimers" have always had full functionality). However, it must be noted that there are players who will perform beauty treatments in-game for free, just to gain skills in this area. If not free, then token amounts of PED is required...

- Adj. Harrier - This armour is almost useless; total protection (close) of 4 pts is so small. Add to this, you should be hunting Puny mobs when you first start out which hardly hit you, it's pointless. The only benefit of this set is the +8% run speed - but note, running speed in Entropia is not a particular boost - for non-combat, you have vehicles & teleports, for combat you still won't be able to out-run mobs you couldn't without the runspeed gain. Secondly, once you complete your discipleship, you'll get an armour (Adj. Pixie) which far outperforms Adj Harrier, and will last you for at least your first year in Entropia before needing to be upgraded (and even then, probably only with plates).

- Strongboxes - This is just a gamble. Best result is you get a ring which is worth 1,000+ PED, worst you get a bunch of totally useless and untradable pills. I'd avoid these until later in the game.

- Skillboost pills - These are really useful. But, your skills will raise very quickly anyway when you're very new. Skills are gained on a logarithmic scale, so the first 1000 will take as long as the next 500 etc. I would see the pills being wasted at low levels, but it depends how quickly you want to get to a certain level. You can't get the pills in-game; you can buy Strongboxes (above), you can get other sources of skill gains.

- Nutriobars & Pet-tags & Animal brush & whip - Depends if you want to get into Taming (expensive and basically a tertiary service). But can be obtained later in-game for very similar prices.

- Electric Attack Nanochip - this is something you'll grow out fast and is (L); you can get the same in-game for just as cheap.

- H-DNA - totally useless. You get free revival anyway.

- Mindforce Implant/Implanter/Synth.ME - all available in the in-game trade terminals, immediately.

- Teleport chip - this is useful, I would think everyone playing at above noob-level would own a TP chip. It's a very similar chip to the ingame "I" chip, however this is expensive in (L) and (unL) versions...

- Oil - the most common Enmatter in-game, and is used for vehicles fuel... very easily obtainable.

- Lupus 4x4 - a better version of the car you'll get through the newbie missions, but not significantly so.

- 100 PED (when you've deposited for 600, valuing all the other items combined for approximately 480PED (including deposit fee))

- Mining equipment - Mining can be very expensive when you start out. Mining is all about hunting for markup and collecting enough to sell in bulk, so without a significant bank-roll it is a good way to lose money.

- I0 Pulse (Fap) - this is actually pretty good, useful to have an unlimited FAP. But, you'll grow out of it and it's untradeable.

- 150PED UA - it's untradable ammo, does what it says on the tin.

- Z12+Amp+Scope+Sight - it looks cool, but you'll grow out of it fast. Plus, again, it's avatar bound.

____

I think overall, if you were to deposit 600 PED rather than buy a kit, you would have a better start in life with a good mentor. There's always the temptation to blow that 600 on an expensive item, or hunt/mine/craft above your level, but if you're sensible starting out, follow the newbie missions and collect the gear from that, I think you'd do better.

Thank you greatly for taking the time to itemize and explain all these items. It seems the skill pills and the teleport chip would be the only real advantageous items. There's also 150 ped in ammo and the 100 ped itself, but 570 ped greatly overshadows this, it would seem. So, I suppose it comes down to this, "Do I want to spend 60 on 30 skill pills; also receive 1500k in ammo and only 100 ped actual currency?". I'm definitely giving it some thought.
The info does leave me with a couple other questions, however. I know the Strength on the skill pills is 50%. How much of a boost is that exactly? Is it equal to a 1.5x (150%) boost, 2x, etc.?
Also, what is the price per UA (or per 1000k) in-game? It's $10 (95 ped) per 1000k on the WEBSHOP.

Thanks again :)

Skill boosters does NOT drop in game, ever. They "drop" only from boxes that you buy in the webshop. You can get small short time skill boost bonus in game. that last anywhere from 5 minutes to 15 minutes. This skill boosts are gained from actual activity and is triggered randomly.

Ah, I see! Thank you for the info. So, the 1h skill pills aren't a bad deal then? I've sort of divided the package offerings into varying categories, mostly just three, and separated the rest into a "trash" category. Even though they're not able to be directly bought by another means, would you say they're be worth 10.67 ped each, or ...?

Go for the gold or platinum :D

The extra armor speed/4x4 vehicle/fap/rifle amp/rifle scope/skill boost pills are awesome :yup:
And if you can get one of those UL 63 ammo burn rifle aka S.I HK110 you will have like >20.000 ronds to fire :cool:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=S.I._HK110

or this UL 83 ammo burn handgun which is also very nice to hunt with,
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=S.I._Scorpion

Doesn't seems like much 63/83 ammo burn but you can use them up to L5 mobs/Bots...not all of them since some mobs have very high hp ;)

And don't worry about higher stats armor for now like i did in the beginning, skills are more important since with higher skills you can hunt some bots/mobs with no armor and use that low stats harrier to hunt a bit higher monsters and add some plates for it even higher mobs/bots :cool:
This is what i'm doing now and it is going great and also i'm having way more fun and not having to worry about running oit of ammo quick :D

My 3 cents and ihope this help you out a bit :)

The best thing about the starter packs is the Zinkadus amp and the skill pills. Everything else is interesting but not necessary massively. I'd say put the amp on the M2100A1 you can get from the tt though for awesome eco low level hunting. That pistol is underrated.

Reactions: Aio
The best thing about the starter packs is the Zinkadus amp and the skill pills. Everything else is interesting but not necessary massively. I'd say put the amp on the M2100A1 you can get from the tt though for awesome eco low level hunting. That pistol is underrated.

This is a good shout :)

None of the packs are really worth it.

But if I was going to get one as a beginner, it would be gold or platinum. The amp is nice to have, as well as the speed boost armor. The pills are the best part (though you can get this from the reload pack now).

Still haven't figured out how to get rid of this animal brush lite that I can't TT...

Ooh, forever brush? Haha :laugh:

What I was thinking about, between the two options you mentioned, is this:

30x pills to help when skill gains hit a large slowdown
1500k UA
100 ped
+a few other whatnot's
= $60

vs

30x pills to help when skill gains hit a large slowdown
10800k UA
= $120

Not sure I completely like either option, really. Although, I have the option to buy the latter in smaller orders, interspersing my purchases with the occasional ped order.

I'm seeing where both yourself, and others, are saying the amp with the starter pack is very good for noobs. What does it cost if bought in-game?

Also, what's up with the forum post time delay? Is there a default delay time for users under a certain post count, or is everything just manually read before being posted, or a combination of the two? ~ Nevermind here! It seems ten or so is the "magic number" ;p

Last edited:
Go for the gold or platinum :D

The extra armor speed/4x4 vehicle/fap/rifle amp/rifle scope/skill boost pills are awesome :yup:
And if you can get one of those UL 63 ammo burn rifle aka S.I HK110 you will have like >20.000 ronds to fire :cool:
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=S.I._HK110

or this UL 83 ammo burn handgun which is also very nice to hunt with,
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=S.I._Scorpion

Doesn't seems like much 63/83 ammo burn but you can use them up to L5 mobs/Bots...not all of them since some mobs have very high hp ;)

And don't worry about higher stats armor for now like i did in the beginning, skills are more important since with higher skills you can hunt some bots/mobs with no armor and use that low stats harrier to hunt a bit higher monsters and add some plates for it even higher mobs/bots :cool:
This is what i'm doing now and it is going great and also i'm having way more fun and not having to worry about running oit of ammo quick :D

My 3 cents and ihope this help you out a bit :)

Thanks for the great tips! :D I'll have a definite game plan figured out soon!

Thank you for the tip! :)
I'm curious, is the M2100A1 better for a noob than the S.I HK110? If so, why? I can definitely see pros and cons to either of them, and they both seem good to me, so I'm curious what a much more experienced person can tell me about it. ;)

Thanks for the great tips! :D I'll have a definite game plan figured out soon!

Compare tool link,
http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx
Do use and abuse it and don't do like i did by not using it in the beginning.:laugh::silly2:

S.I HK110
Using the compare tool you get a whopping 2.974 eco number
Damage/PEC: 4.17 / 1.402 = 2.974

With the Barbella carbine you get a 2.938 eco number,
Damage/PEC: 7.65 / 2.602 = 2.938

The Ozpyn chon pistol is another good one @ 123 ammo burn
Damage/PEC: 5.56 / 1.883 = 2.953

These 3 above are all with the amp you get in the starter package and are SIB weapons :cool:

But don't use the Barbella yet, leave it for L5 and above or the high HP <L5 mobs ;)
And if possible, don't go for globals but go for fun and skills and the globals will come eventually ;)

Cheers

Feonix Rizeng said:
The info does leave me with a couple other questions, however. I know the Strength on the skill pills is 50%. How much of a boost is that exactly? Is it equal to a 1.5x (150%) boost, 2x, etc.?
Also, what is the price per UA (or per 1000k) in-game? It's $10 (95 ped) per 1000k on the WEBSHOP.

Thanks again :)

Skillpill gain is based on the normal skill rate. This is gonna get complicated...

In entropia, skill is counted in TT - real dollar value. So 1000 skill points will be worth approximately 3.1PED. 1500 will be worth approximately 6.2PED (thus the logarithmic scale). So when you gain a single skill point, you gain a bit of TT (PED). This is the best way to think of everything in entropia, in value.

Skill pills work thusly; if you were to gain 1PED skill, under a 50% buff you'd gain 1.5PED.

So, while the benefit is always equal, noobie levels go so fast it's not worthwhile using skill pills at low levels. You will likely reach level 10 within a month or 2. Level 20 could take another year,depending on your depositing habits.

Personally, at my level, a skill pill will make a big difference. At brand new, the speed of gain is so high I would wait to use them.

Skillpill gain is based on the normal skill rate. This is gonna get complicated...

In entropia, skill is counted in TT - real dollar value. So 1000 skill points will be worth approximately 3.1PED. 1500 will be worth approximately 6.2PED (thus the logarithmic scale). So when you gain a single skill point, you gain a bit of TT (PED). This is the best way to think of everything in entropia, in value.

Skill pills work thusly; if you were to gain 1PED skill, under a 50% buff you'd gain 1.5PED.

So, while the benefit is always equal, noobie levels go so fast it's not worthwhile using skill pills at low levels. You will likely reach level 10 within a month or 2. Level 20 could take another year,depending on your depositing habits.

Personally, at my level, a skill pill will make a big difference. At brand new, the speed of gain is so high I would wait to use them.

I somewhat disagree... if your goal is to gain skills, you might as well do it 50% faster. It may not be the most efficient way to go about it, but it's worth it IMO especially since you can buy pills to your heart's content via the Reload pack on web shop.

However if you don't plan on buying pills in the future, then I agree with the above. Save them for when you can get an actual bang for the buck.

Okay, sounds simple enough. Everything trade-able is a commodity. It seems that the "1PED skill, under a 50% buff you'd gain 1.5PED" does indeed equal the 1.5x boost. That's good to know! And yes, I definitely wouldn't use them right away, only after skill progress slowed very noticeably. Apparently, since you offered the information, the first major slowdown in skill progression is after level 10 or so.
My depositing habits would be simple, but dependent, of course, on how much I end-up playing the game. I would think something nominal like $20-60 a month usd for me at the beginning would work, at least until I get far enough along to get a much better idea of things regarding the big picture of it all.

Thanks for the info once again :)

Compare tool link,
http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx
Do use and abuse it and don't do like i did by not using it in the beginning.:laugh::silly2:

S.I HK110
Using the compare tool you get a whopping 2.974 eco number
Damage/PEC: 4.17 / 1.402 = 2.974

With the Barbella carbine you get a 2.938 eco number,
Damage/PEC: 7.65 / 2.602 = 2.938

The Ozpyn chon pistol is another good one @ 123 ammo burn
Damage/PEC: 5.56 / 1.883 = 2.953

These 3 above are all with the amp you get in the starter package and are SIB weapons :cool:

But don't use the Barbella yet, leave it for L5 and above or the high HP <L5 mobs ;)
And if possible, don't go for globals but go for fun and skills and the globals will come eventually ;)

Cheers

Ah, nice! I shall abuse the weapon compare tool well :silly2:

Do you have any suggestions for really good noob melee weapons as well?

I somewhat disagree... if your goal is to gain skills, you might as well do it 50% faster. It may not be the most efficient way to go about it, but it's worth it IMO especially since you can buy pills to your heart's content via the Reload pack on web shop.

However if you don't plan on buying pills in the future, then I agree with the above. Save them for when you can get an actual bang for the buck.

Hmm, alrighty. I'll probably go the "best bang for my buck" route, unless I bow to impatience for a time. :silly2:

What's the in-game cost of UA ammo anyhow? Or, if you can't purchase it in-game, how about weapon cells? Just a rough idea or likely fluctuation range would be great.

To answer a question that seems to have been missed you can only get the amp from a starter pack and it's avatar bound (so you can't ever sell it to another player) so you'll have to buy a pack to get the amp.

What's the in-game cost of UA ammo anyhow? Or, if you can't purchase it in-game, how about weapon cells? Just a rough idea or likely fluctuation range would be great.

UA can't be traded but the ammo from ingame trade terminals (TT) have the same value. 10 ped ($1) buys 100k ammo, the starting guns use 50-100 ammo but later guns use hundreds, then thousands of cells per shot, so you can't tell the ammo cost without knowing what gun one uses. The only advantage of UA is that it can be used for almost all kinds of weapons AND for mining, but it's a subjective advantage as any ammo is freely available at TTs for fixed price. UA ammo is good for people who like to precisely track their returns, as looted ammo doesn't mix with UA, and if you plan to do, say, a 100 ped ammo run - you do exactly that.

To summarize: the Gold is the smallest pack that has armor with 8% running buff and the ZX sinkidus laser amp, which you can't acquire in game. The Platinum has more stuff but doesn't offer anything unique over Gold, nothing you couldn't buy ingame. If not Gold+, then you are better off depositing raw peds and buying stuff in game.

If skills pills are what interests you, the Starters Pack Refill offers more steady supply than starters packs, let alone the strongboxes. But, frankly, skill pills are a waste for a beginner. A progress of a newbie is blazing fast as it is, you gain levels by days, not by months. Since skillgain depends on amount of peds cycled, a skill pill gives a tremendously greater bang for a buck much later in game, when you cycle in a hour (that a pill lasts) more than you currently cycle in a week.

BUT, in the end all depends on how you are going to play. If you consider a starters pack a big investment then of course you need to nit-pick. Low budget players value that amp because it serves them for months and years on low level mobs. But if you plan to shove in money and progress fast, then you indeed will outgrow all the gems of the packs in a blink, as Aio stated. If you see yourself depositing $50+ a month early, you can either safely skip the packs altogether or consider a gold/platinum pack your first month's supply, even if you won't have a use for its items a month later.

Back