The Swunting Elf

MarieWoodell

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Marie Elf Woodell
Inspired by the very awesome thread by Swampy about swunting to lvl 50 sweat gatherer, I've decided to start my own log on my quest for an adjusted restoration chip (estimated worth of 5k ped).

I plan to use the ped my sweat generates (minus healing costs) to save up for the chip and will invest the ped along the way to get some extra returns, either in Chiee's investment fund or AUD and maybe CLD. I've already got a few AUD I deposited for (I'm otherwise a non-depositor) to help cover ammo costs, but when I run out of ammo I'll just join the ambu circles at Royal Club.

Anything else I gain along the way like evade levels will be a bonus, as will any ped from animal training or other stuff I can sell.

Starting info:
Ped: 60.63 (all in Chiee's fund)
Sweat: 9,719
SG skill: 2474
SG lvl: 21.42
Evader lvl: 7.88

Useful equipment:
Fanoos for eco healing, ZX Sinkadus, M2100A1, Bukin's Spare Rifle, Vivo S10 and Aeglic Ring Adjusted

Progress:
Sweat: 917 (calypso), 25,000 (Fund) 342 (Arkadia storage) total: 26259
Ped: 14.23
Fund value: 61.44
AUD value: 1@57.5 = 57.5ped
Total ped saved: 133.17 (2.66%)

SG skill: 2709
SG lvl: 23.48
Evader lvl: 8.51

Fanoos left: 62

Sweat sold to date:
13k@1.55ped (20.15ped)
19k@1.6ped (30.4ped)
17k@1.65ped (28.05ped)
10k@1.75ped (17.5ped)
9k@2ped (18ped)
Average: 1.678ped/k

Mini-goal 1 - Carabok Culling
Mission status at beginning: 249/1000

Current Mission status: 315/5000

Mini-goal 2 - Ring Rustling - Complete
Save enough ped for The Aeglic Ring Adjusted ~ 100ped

Current Mission Status: Completed

No idea how long this will take me but a girl's gotta get started somewhere. Hopefully my little adventure will interest someone else!

Last edited:
Best of luck to you Elf.

Best of luck! Subscribed!

Looking forward to following this log and thank you for the shout out! Can't wait to see you reach your goals!

Best of luck. Looking forward to watching you progress.

now I really gotta make my own thread too...

what investment fund?

Last edited:
Update 1

Sweat gathered: 3536
Sweat sold: 13,000 @1.55ped/k
Healing costs: 0.46
Net sweating ped gains: 19.69ped
Ped gains from trading: 15.39ped
Investment fund gain: 0.14ped
New ped total: 95.85

SG Skill points: 2479
Profession lvl: 21.47
Fanoos consumed: 2

Had an absolutely amazing finish to today's sweating run and sold almost all my sweat even if the price could have been better. Also sold a few other bits and pieces, hence the reasonable gain from trading too. Now on my way to arkadia to swunt Caraboks! the remaining 255 sweat I had is now in Calypso storage.

Update 2

Sweat gathered: 5364
Investment fund gain: 0.13ped
New ped total: 95.98

SG Skill points: 2498 (+19)
Profession lvl: 21.62 (+0.15)
Evader lvl: 8.02 (0.14)
Fanoos consumed: 0
Carabok mission status: 785/1000 (+536)

It's been a mixed few days since my last update and I've spent them all swunting Carabok on Arkadia. I got to play more over the weekend than I expected so plenty of sweat gained which is a plus, and my evader lvl has gone up one which is great. I've also not even used a whole fanoos healing myself and only really used it a couple of times in over 500 Carabok. At this rate my fanoos would last much longer than originally anticipated.

The downsides are that it takes longer to gain 2k sweat from swunting the Carabok than I expected. I'm only getting about 26-270 an hour rather than the 320-330 I get from Sabakuma hatchling on Calypso. I've also eaten through quite a bit of the ammo I had put aside for swunting and loot returns have been sub 70% so far. I'm liking the skill gains though and the rewards for the Carabok quests should be good, which brings me to my main point of this post.

I did some maths over the weekend and realised if I assume I'll make 20ped of sweat per week then this is going to take me another 245 weeks to complete my main goal (a conservative estimate of 2k per working day of sweat at 2ped/k without adding any ped from trading and deed payouts or investment increases). Realistically it will take less time than this. With any of these sorts of things it gets easier the further in you get, but it's made me aware I'm going to need some goals along the way to keep motivated.

Mini-goal 1

So my first goal is quite simply to complete the Carabok missions so that has now been added to a new section of my original post. I reckon I can get part way into the 5k mission before I'll need to sell loot and wait for my deeds to replenish my ammo supply. While waiting it seems there are sweat circles on Arkadia like the ambu ones on Calypso, but if I can't gather enough sweat per hour I'll head back to Calypso in between and come back to Arkadia every time I have enough ped for at least another 1k run.

I'll update again Wednesday and hopefully by then I should have the 1k Carabok done (If I don't manage it tomorrow). Definitely can't complain about my progress!

Update 2
I've also eaten through quite a bit of the ammo I had put aside for swunting and loot returns have been sub 70% so far.

have you considered using a less powerful weapon? Or keeping tabs on your overkill? I had really stinky returns on my carabok mission as well, but then once i started using lower damaging weapons my returns improved a bunch due to less overkill.

have you considered using a less powerful weapon? Or keeping tabs on your overkill? I had really stinky returns on my carabok mission as well, but then once i started using lower damaging weapons my returns improved a bunch due to less overkill.

I'm using the tt pistol unamped. Not sure I can get my damage much lower easily.

I'm using the tt pistol unamped. Not sure I can get my damage much lower easily.

crazy idea but u could get this PISTOL from RT TT. it does 2 dmg. would be a solid finisher.

warning: 1 its not able to be sold bound once purchased
warnign2: it doesnt last very long and the tt is low and uses special ammo.

If you are crazy enough tho you could buy just 1-2 and exactly enough ammo for it to break.
I go to RT everyday and back to caly so next time u are on rt hitch a free ride there and back - tho u would be stuck on RT for like 8 hrs

a crazy idea - but there it is - a way to lower overkill haha

crazy idea but u could get this PISTOL from RT TT. it does 2 dmg. would be a solid finisher.

warning: 1 its not able to be sold bound once purchased
warnign2: it doesnt last very long and the tt is low and uses special ammo.

If you are crazy enough tho you could buy just 1-2 and exactly enough ammo for it to break.
I go to RT everyday and back to caly so next time u are on rt hitch a free ride there and back - tho u would be stuck on RT for like 8 hrs

a crazy idea - but there it is - a way to lower overkill haha

I may well take you up on that offer. The medikit that's super eco can be bought there too can't it?

Either way I've got some more ammo to run through and some loot to sell on Arkadia so I'll think about the best course of action from here and work out how I want to play it.

very easy solution: use the Piron PBP-0 (L) the caraboks themselves drop as finishers, I got like 100 of them in my storage now, lol

at least with swunting carabok you don't necessarily have to have the spawn for yourself only, with hunting them that is always a big problem

I recently finished the gallard iron, swunted quite some, got 100k sweat out of them. I'm on NI now (cause the trip was free...) but after that I'm doing carabok too

Seems I looted the piron gun at some point since I started (and didn't notice) so using that as a finisher as suggested. Seems to be helping a little. Should at least keep me going a bit longer. Think I'll get to the 1k done and then see what the sweat circles are like.

Update 3

Sweat gathered: 5567
Sweat sold: 10k@1.75ped
Healing and other costs: 5.72 (mostly flying costs I forgot in the last update)
New ped total: 107.76

SG Skill points: 2516 (+18)
Profession lvl: 21.81 (+0.19)
Evader lvl: 8.19 (0.17)
Fanoos consumed: 1
Carabok mission status: 82/5000 (+297)

The last couple of days have been much better. I got my 1k Carabok mission completed and gained the extra athletics, boosting that by about 50 skill points and my evade by several percent. I also managed to find a very friendly buyer for 10k sweat who wanted their Arkadian Passport so the ped has gone up a fair bit. I must admit though swunting Carabok alone is a teensy bit on the boring side so I joined the sweat circles a couple of times which is why I made less progress than the previous update.

Loot was much better in general and the finisher helped lower costs a little bit, putting me back towards a decent returns percentage for the whole run. I've still got some ammo left but I imagine that will be gone by the end of the day Friday.

As much as everything has definitely gone in the right direction the last couple of days I think I may have to head back to Calypso and it all comes down to why I swunt and sweat so much really. I'm an author and often write while playing EU. Ideally I write in 15 minute bursts, known as a sprint. A technique my local writer's group all like to use. Swunting Carabok doesn't allow for long enough to get into a sprint so I'm finding my writing productivity has decreased over the last few days.

So I've decided that long term I can't swunt Carabok :( Although I will continue to swunt them now and then when I'm not working so I'll leave finishing their missions as a Mini-goal

Mini-goal 2

After a chat with Swampy about swunting while working and the mobs on Caly we've come to the conclusion that Kerberos Young should be a great mob for me with one adjustment to my current gear. This very handy little ring, that Swampy already uses. The Aeglic Ring Adjusted. With it I should be able to spend about 15-20 minutes on each Kerberos. I may have to heal a little as my evade is lower than Swampy's and he still used his chip a couple of times, but that's much less of an issue when my writing document fits neatly over my EU window and I can see health on one side and chat on the other. It shouldn't break my writing sprint anyway near as much to press a couple of buttons, heal up and then go back to writing. Then I can get a fresh mob in between sprints.

So the goal is to save up the approx 100ped needed for the ring and buy that before returning to my main goal. In theory it should make it much quicker to get to my main goal as I should get more sweat per hour and need to heal less whatever I'm sweating or swunting going forward. Given I have 46.86ped not in the fund, that already puts me about half way there.

I'll update again Friday and by then I should have run out of ammo and be thinking of flying back to Caly. Assuming I can sell my loot!

Update 4

Sweat gathered: 3648
Trading and other gains: 0.21
New ped total: 107.97

SG Skill points: 2527 (+11)
Profession lvl: 21.91 (+0.10)
Evader lvl: 8.27 (0.08)
Carabok mission status: 315/5000 (+233)

Didn't get to play for very long on Thursday so my averages are a bit down, but I've gone through my ammo and killed over 1k more Carabok. Going to sell up my loot, sweat and then head back to Arkadia. While I'm waiting I'll sweat Gallard near a turret or join the various sweating circles. All in all, not a bad run for how many hours I was online.

Update 5

Sweat gathered: 5551
Sweat sold: 9,000 @2ped/k
Healing costs: 0.40
Travel costs: 3.84
Net sweating ped gains: 13.76ped
Ped gains from trading: 0.13ped
Investment fund gain: 0.02ped
New ped total: 121.88

SG Skill points: 2539 (+12)
Profession lvl: 22.02 (+0.11)
Evader lvl: 8.28 (+0.01)
Fanoos consumed: 2

So I finished up everything on Arkadia during the day saturday, including selling 5k sweat for 2ped/k to a very lovely soc member. I flew back to Calypso early Sunday morning when I couldn't sleep and had an absolutely amazing day today, gathering about 4k sweat and selling the same amount, also for 2ped/k :yay:. I also gained lvl22 in Sweat Gatherer :wtg:.

At this rate I should also have the shiny Aeglic Ring Adjusted in about another week, maybe ten days, depending on how easy I continue to find it to sell sweat.

Excellent thread boss :)

I'm glad Swumpy's cool thread has influenced more good ones to come. :)

I am not sure about returns, but I use Isis BL100 CDF Edition (L) on Carabok. It has 1.5-3.0 damage and making less overkill then TT weapons. I am satisfied with it. It can be obtained in Twin Peaks for 20 daily tokens. Bonus side BLP sounds are awesome.

Maybe try that one on green dogs.

Looking forward for more updates, keep up with good work and best of luck in your efforts. :)

Update 6

Sweat gathered: 5981
Healing costs: 1.20
Aeglic Ring Costs: 90ped (tt+80)
Net sweating ped gains: -91.20
Ped gains from trading: 0.30ped
New ped total: 30.98

SG Skill points: 2552 (+13)
Profession lvl: 22.14 (+0.12)
Evader lvl: 8.29 (+0.01)
Fanoos consumed: 6

Mini-Goal 2: Complete!:yay: Okay, so I spent about 30ped more than I technically had lying around but I borrowed it from my hunting budget. I'll pay it back to myself over the next week or so.

Unfortunately it didn't have quite a good enough effect on my ability to swunt Kerberos. While I can swunt them and survive with a reasonable rate of return, it will run out my fanoos at a rate of almost 2 per hour. I've now only got 75 remaining, so I need to re-think swunting Kerberos, or come up with another piece of kit that helps bring down my healing. I'll look into more things like the rings while continuing to sweat ambu.

Update 7

Sweat gathered: 6746
Healing costs: 0.6
Net sweating ped gains: -0.6ped
Ped gains from trading: 1.84ped
New ped total: 32.22

SG Skill points: 2567 (+15)
Profession lvl: 22.26 (+0.12)
Evader lvl: 8.30 (+0.01)
Fanoos consumed: 3

So the Aeglic ring is helping me heal less, although I suppose it doesn't entirely look like it. I've also managed to gather more sweat than I expected. Had some good circles going on lately and plenty of time. Now If I could just sel the almost 14k I've got stockpiled that would be awesome.

I've looked into something else that might help me swunt Kerberos solo and the Athenic Ring adjusted may serve the purpose, especially when combined with the ring I have already. I think I'd like to test this one out before I buy, however. If anyone has one they'd lend me for a few hours to try in a short test then please pm me. I can provide some sort of collateral for the duration of the test. At this point I think that would be my best way forward.

Update 8

Sweat gathered: 8582
Healing costs: 0.6
Sweat Sold: 14k @1.6ped/k
Net sweating ped gains: 21.80ped
Ped gains from trading: 0.53ped
New ped total: 54.55

SG Skill points: 2588 (+21)
Profession lvl: 22.44 (+0.18)
Evader lvl: 8.32 (+0.02)
Fanoos consumed: 3

Spent more time online at the weekend than I anticipated so I've made some good progress into paying back the last of the ped needed for the Aeglic ring. Quite nice to see the difference it's making to my survivability as well. I'm still getting through fanoos faster than I'd like but every little bit helps.

Update 9

Sweat gathered: 4877
Healing costs: 0.2
Sweat Sold: 0k
Net sweating ped gains: -0.2ped
Ped gains from trading: 42.32ped (sold a rare pet)
Auds purchased: 1 @57.5ped
New ped total: -21.75ped

SG Skill points: 2599 (+11)
Profession lvl: 22.54 (+0.10)
Evader lvl: 8.35 (+0.03)

So, I bought another ring (using some of my taming budget) and found it has helped even more. It's the Athenic Ring Adjusted which gives an 8% boost to evade and an 8% reduction to critical damage (among other things that aren't worth mentioning here). This has reduced healing costs on kerberos another 5-10%, which still isn't enough, but I've noticed since starting this that I can now swunt carabok puny mobs a lot more effectively than before as well. Still nothing I can survive against with no healing except the Sabakuma Hatchling, but it's nice to see the increased evade making a reduction to costs and gaining me more sweat per hour.

I also tried the ring out on some taming, which was my other reason for buying it and got lucky with a global and picking up a Sapphire Devil, which was one I didn't have in my collection yet. The only downside is that I spent less time sweating and went below my previous worst of 2.5k per day.

Given the extra global and the pet sold I also went ahead and bought my first AUD to start adding payouts to my progress, so there's 1pec per day ish I don't have to sweat for now!

u should be able to sweat tabtab on toulan without healing. they r like carabok. and the other small mobs on toulan shouldnt be a problem as well

u should be able to sweat tabtab on toulan without healing. they r like carabok. and the other small mobs on toulan shouldnt be a problem as well

Thanks. I did try Carabok for a while but they dry too quickly really. It's why I'd like to get swunting Kerberos to work. Drying them takes about the right length of time (15-20minutes)

thats the nice thing about toulan. there are lots of low dmg mobs with around 50 - 150hp. so something nice between kerbs and carabok :D

you could try swunting/taming weak Paneleon on cyrene. should be able to go for quite a while with no heals and can easily drown if not feeling loot.

Thanks for the advice. Do you know how well sweat sells on Toulan and Cyrene, and roughly what sort of price?

Back