The Swunting Elf

well the selling is the problem i guess... might change though as the economy on toulan got a little upswing so maybe more crafter = more sweat buyer. on cyrene u can sell quite frequently thanks to the daily. at leats in relatively low amounts (<10k sweat) but if its worth it on toulan for getting more sweat in a shorter time (and the hides sell quite good) then it might be worth the flight back to caly for selling

There is Dire Weed mobs on Cyrene to consider sweating if you going there.
Sprouted Dire Weed has 50 HP, and their bigger plant brethren 100 HP in noob area.

Things is they do ranged attack and for defensive skills they give Dodge.

I was swunting Sprouted Dire Weed there and I enjoyed it, had few decent drops, only bad thing is Cyrene is not populated enough. Most trade is done via auction. There is more NPC's then active players which is really sad because Cyrene is a nice place to play on.

Yeah, I may stick it out on Calypso until after migration then. I imagine the other planets will be even quieter over that period. After that we'll see I guess.

Update 10

Sweat gathered: 5054
Healing costs: 0.2
Sweat Sold: 0k
Net sweating ped gains: -0.2ped
Ped gains from trading: 0.13ped (sold a rare pet)
Auds purchased: 1 @57.5ped
Ped gains from Aud: 0.02ped
New ped total: -21.80ped
Fund value: 61.20ped (+0.28)

SG Skill points: 2615 (+16)
Profession lvl: 22.67 (+0.13)
Evader lvl: 8.36 (+0.01)
Fanoos consumed: 1

Another week over and I've now got over 18k sweat to sell, but everything else has carried on happily. I swunted kerbs for a little while with 4 fanoos a soc mate kindly gave me and managed to make a few pec profit on the loot so that was fun. Nothing much to really update on this one. I'll keep on keeping on.

Update 11

Sweat gathered: 5756
Healing costs: 0.4
Net sweating ped gains: -0.4ped
Ped gains from trading: 0.13ped
Ped gains from Aud: 0.01ped
New ped total: -22.06ped
Fund value: 61.20ped

SG Skill points: 2630 (+15)
Profession lvl: 22.80 (+0.13)
Evader lvl: 8.36 (+0.00)
Fanoos consumed: 2

Didn't play much over the weekend, but had a pretty good day Monday in terms of sweat gathering. I've now got 24k of unsold sweat though:eyecrazy: I think that's the most I've ever had, but I was hoping for a better offer pre migration.

If I get to 25k today which is highly likely I think I'll take Chiee up on the offer his fund does of accepting sweat at 2ped/k and paying out in sweat. As long as the sweat price doesn't plumet over night it should still be a way to make ped in the long run and who knows, MA might finally implement something that raises the price of sweat:laugh:

Sub'd & best of luck! :)

Update 12

Sweat gathered: 4672
Sweat deposited into fund: 25k
Net sweating ped gains: -0.2ped
Ped gains from trading: 0.05ped
New ped total: -22.20ped
Fund value: 61.20ped

SG Skill points: 2642 (+12)
Profession lvl: 22.91 (+0.11)
Evader lvl: 8.37 (+0.01)

Slow but steady progress the last few days. Other than putting 25k sweat into the fund to see what happens in that respect, nothing much has changed. Still chugging away towards my goal. Almost at the end of the month and I've got a busier month next month irl so we'll see if I continue to make the same sort of progress but I think I've got off to a good start :)

Update 13

Sweat gathered: 3296
Sweat Sold: 5k @1.6ped/k
Sweat in fund: 25k
Net sweating ped gains: 7.80ped
Ped gains from trading: 0.10ped
New ped total: -14.29ped
Fund value: 61.38ped (+0.18)

SG Skill points: 2653 (+11)
Profession lvl: 22.99 (+0.08)
Evader lvl: 8.44 (+0.07)

I decided to finish my Puny 1k rather than spend as much time sweating towards the end of the week, especially as I sold a little sweat. That gained me a little more evade, but more importantly it got me another hp, so yay for me getting healthier! :yay:

Update 14

Sweat gathered: 5222
Net sweating ped gains: -0.20ped
Ped gains from trading: 0.10ped
New ped total: -14.37ped
Fund value: 61.38ped

SG Skill points: 2669 (+16)
Profession lvl: 23.13 (+0.14)
Evader lvl: 8.44 (+0.00)

I've gone up a level in sweat gatherer! Not the greatest of achievements but still progress along the way.

I've also noticed that the price of Mind Essence has gone up a lot with the introduction of migration mobs. Unfortunately it seems Force Nexus has gone up in price as wel. I think the maths works out that it's now better to make ME and auction it than to accept anything less than about 1.8ped/k for the sweat though. I'm going to look out for a small batch of reasonably priced Force Nexus and have an experiment.

Update 15

Sweat gathered: 4098
Healing costs: 0
Net sweating ped gains: 0.00ped
Ped gains from trading: 0.00ped
New ped total: -14.36ped
Fund value: 61.38ped

SG Skill points: 2683 (+14)
Profession lvl: 23.26 (+0.13)
Evader lvl: 8.47 (+0.03)
Fanoos consumed: 0

I've not played quite as much over the last few days as I had a midwife appointment and then today's update ate a couple of hours of normal play time. Mostly swunted Sabakuma Hatchlings while online and had a 10ped global yesterday which was pretty cool. Had a few good loots today that included a couple of sollomate Azuros. They'll make good taggers and finishers going forward.

What I find interesting here is that your evader lvl raised about the same as swunting different mobs earlier on. Despite you getting hit less. Also a 10ped global? :O Well I got animal muscle oil yesterday which was suprising too. It has never dropped before from these lvl mobs.

What I find interesting here is that your evader lvl raised about the same as swunting different mobs earlier on. Despite you getting hit less. Also a 10ped global? :O Well I got animal muscle oil yesterday which was suprising too. It has never dropped before from these lvl mobs.

Yeah, the increased evade gains is pretty much from solo swunting. I'm being hit more times than in an ambu circle but not really having to heal at all thanks to the evader lvl and regen speed I've got.

And, yes Sabakuma hatchling loot has changed. There's now some other stuff besides ammo and shrapnel

It was actually quite often from saba hatchlings before ( around the VU they changed the broodmothers )

migration needs to hurry up and be over so I can go back to sweating :)

I a lvl 23.60 now - u are about to put me in the dust!

migration needs to hurry up and be over so I can go back to sweating :)

I a lvl 23.60 now - u are about to put me in the dust!

You'll catch up and overtake me again once I've given birth. Due in 8 weeks now.

You'll catch up and overtake me again once I've given birth. Due in 8 weeks now.

oh wow congrats and idk - my wife just had our daughter 7 weeks ago, and she mainly spends her day watching tv and holding our little girl while she is on maternity leave.

I can see you chugging hard on the sweaty goals :D

oh wow congrats and idk - my wife just had our daughter 7 weeks ago, and she mainly spends her day watching tv and holding our little girl while she is on maternity leave.

I can see you chugging hard on the sweaty goals :D

That's definitely a possibility. I suppose it depends how sleep deprived I end up. I'm not sure it would be wise to let me near my deeds or anything of high value just in case.

Update 16

Sweat gathered: 4944
Net sweating ped gains: 0.00ped
Ped gains from trading: 0.46ped
New ped total: -13.89ped
Fund value: 61.44ped (+0.06)

SG Skill points: 2702 (+19)
Profession lvl: 23.42 (+0.16)
Evader lvl: 8.50 (+0.03)

Another week done and dusted and I've made steady progress. Been swunting sabakuma almost solidly again. Seems there's muscle oil in the loot now which is a nice change to all the ammo and shrapnel from before. An iron mission for them would make them almost perfect given how I only have to heal on the odd occasion I get overwhelmed by several spawning close.

Update 17

Sweat gathered: 16646
Sweat Sold: 17k @ 1.65ped/k (28.05)
Net sweating ped gains: 28.05ped
Ped gains from trading: 0.05ped
New ped total: 14.23ped
Fund value: 61.44ped

SG Skill points: 2709 (+7)
Profession lvl: 23.48 (+0.06)
Evader lvl: 8.51 (+0.01)

Didn't get online at all over the weekend and had a shorter day Monday than normal as well so not much of an update, but I did sell 17k sweat so ped wise I've made great progress. Another step closer to that chip :yay:

ten characters

Last edited:
Haven't given up on this, just haven't played much at all the last few weeks so no point updating.

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and finding these last few weeks super tough. I hoped I'd have plenty of time to just sit on the sofa and play while waiting for the bub to arrive but turns out sitting on the sofa with a laptop is actually really awkward when you've got a football stuck to the front of you.:laugh:

we miss your updates! Hows the baby?

I will get back to this sometime soon. I have a publishing contract to deliver for and combining that with looking after the bub is taking up all my time right now. I should find friday mornings I can play a bit again soon and then some evenings again once the bub can be left to sleep alone. Progress will almost definitely be slower though.

Back