Achievement: Half Of My Life

Aio

Elite
Society
Veterans
Aio Dakina
So, today is my birthday - no special deal, I'm 29 today (and still a complete mess in real life :ahh:).

But interestingly, as of June 2016, I will have been playing Entropia for 14.5 years - Starting back in the mists of time in December 2001 (second round of the Beta, pre-COT).

Absolutely amazed that the game has been going for literally half of my life; looking back it has actually be quite a significant part of it.

Looking forward to making the next milestone, 75% - when I'm 58 :laugh: :laugh:

deactivated

Last edited:
Happy birthday, just get rready life will change once you hit 30, I turned 30 this year and I miss 29 like crazy. I suggest you get wuld as possible before this time next year!

Ps I think a ring would be a good b-day present! Hint hint

gz on this :)

wait till you hit 40 and onwards :eyecrazy:

Happy Birthday :)

... as of June 2016, I will have been playing Entropia for 14.5 years - Starting back in the mists of time in December 2001 (second round of the Beta, pre-COT).

Absolutely amazed that the game has been going for literally half of my life; looking back it has actually be quite a significant part of it.

Looking forward to making the next milestone, 75% - when I'm 58 :laugh: :laugh:
Amazing, really amazing. You do realize there's very few ppl on this planet who can say this?

I believe in the future we'll be living in a mix of real/virtual reality. Not just games and entertainment, everything. Those 2 will be indistinguishable, we'll have obligatory "virtual-stamps" so that the customer can tell if the item s/he's buying is real or not... and we'll have hackers removing those stamps.... stuff like that.
We're the pioneers, what we have here is unique... The Shape of Things To Come!

:birthday:

Last edited:
Happy birthday, 14 years ago my partner was heavily pregnant with our first born. Out of interest how did you find out about the game back then?

Another 16 years before i reach that milestone! :)

Gratz

Rgds

Ace

Amazing, really amazing. You do realize there's very few ppl on this planet who can say this?

I believe in the future we'll be living in a mix of real/virtual reality. Not just games and entertainment, everything. Those 2 will be indistinguishable, we'll have obligatory "virtual-stamps" so that the customer can tell if the item s/he's buying is real or not... and we'll have hackers removing those stamps.... stuff like that.
We're the pioneers, what we have here is unique... The Shape of Things To Come!

:birthday:

I know a few from back then who would be in a similar situation, but unfortunately a lot have left from the old days (so many vanished when CE2 arrived). I just keep coming back like a bad smell :laugh:

I agree too - MA have a great opportunity to meld their RCE further and further into VR with HTC VIVE / Oculus Rift etc. My cousin works in IT at a university and they received their HTC VIVE's to test this morning, to facilitate e-lecture learning for distance learners. There are so many applications. As much as I'm (negatively) vocal about Neverdie, there is a huge opportunity for MA to push forward and create the first "VRMMO"; with the upper hand that not only is it visually "VR", it's also economically "VR" too. If only they forgot gimmicks like the "President" and instead sent Mr. Simmonds over to HTC to discuss creating a launch platform for the VIVE... just a suggestion.

Happy birthday, 14 years ago my partner was heavily pregnant with our first born. Out of interest how did you find out about the game back then?

I used to be a big Counter-Strike geek in my early teens, played CS1.3 to 1.6 competitively (and later Source). I was involved with a lot of swedish-speakers as they were the better players, as far as I can remember one of them mentioned it. There are many from the old days who were playing with Counter-Strike "careers" too :)

On a side note, I must thank MA for the last 14 and a half years - it's been (mostly) a fantastic experience. There have been ups and downs - I've sold out a few times but I think I can put that down to immaturity, now I just take a break (or deposit again). The game has improved a lot, there's a lot of problems but when you look back it's been such a journey. I implore anyone to go check out some of the (wonderful) player created museums - and read some of the histories of VUs to see what we didn't have back in the day (auction, construction, storage, SIB, L, even stats on weapons).

Gratz Aio. You've got me beat but 4.5 years. But still I have been playing EU 1/3 of my life.
I do believe one might call this a very unhealthy addiction. :eyecrazy:

Happy Birthday.

Pretty women too, remembering your pic from "show us your face".

Rick

Back