MA needs to wake up.

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
I don't know if all the useless MA programmers have gone to compet, but the new financials are showing how people feel at the mo.

Withdrawals up 34%, deposits down.

Why? One reason, they make a yearly sell of big things, last two, plots for farming and stables. BOth of which MA have not given owners, who paid good money for these, promised useability. Hell, they even introduced a whole new freaking proffession for the land plots, which has been useless for a LONG time now.

People are taking money out, because you are not delivering on the basics when people invest heavily, they are losing faith.

This isn't even touching on your inability to keep textures the same in game. I seriously feel sorry for anyone that likes clothing. Why introduce customizable items, when you frack it up with an update.

I am not saying the sky is falling. But in my opinion this is NOT sustainable. You don't advertise, banners ads to people already playing, do not count. YOu do NOT TEST ANYTHING before releasing it. If you have a test server i would imagine it is covered in dust.

MA, please sort your offices out. Test properly. Actually invest in some servers that can handle large numbers of people. AND FOR GODS SAKE ADVERTISE.

EDIT: and make limited items worth crafting again, (Exp bp didnt ruin crafting, the number of unlimited items, and limited being uneco, have effected crafting)

EDIT2: Stop thinking short term, money windfalls and start thinking long term player retention and advertising!

Rant over!

Rgds

Ace

Last edited:
Simple fix for explosives. Instead of vendor mats to click, switch to:

20% animal oils (any type)
20% ore/ingot (any type)
20% enmatter (any type)
20% residue (any type)
20% robot parts (any type)

Suddenly hunting loot has markup value and gamblers can still throw their money away.

Simple fix for explosives. Instead of vendor mats to click, switch to:

20% animal oils (any type)
20% ore/ingot (any type)
20% enmatter (any type)
20% residue (any type)
20% robot parts (any type)

Suddenly hunting loot has markup value and gamblers can still throw their money away.

Explosives are not the problem. Crafting was screwed before they were introduced.

Rgds

Ace

Yep, I'm part of that 34%, to the tune of 100k. You won't ever see me with so much resource in this game again. ALL economies are built on trust, and I've got less than zero for MA. Plus, they only care about if their top 25 chosen succeed anyways. The way they treat the playerbase, it seems everybody else can go to hell as far as they're concerned. I hope it hits them in the pocketbook, just like they've been doing to us for years the greedy bastards.

This is a fix to hunting, not crafting.

Again, it would make bugger all difference, most hunting loot is shrapnel and ammo. Oils count for very little tt return. And a few % increase market value of a few %, is - bugger all.

EDIT: I just looked at someones log, and they got 27% thyroid from a particular mob. Lets say thyroid increases by 5% (at the most), that means for every 100 ped you get an exta 1.35ped or 1.35% from the increase of 5%. 27% is really high for any mob for a particular oil. It really would be bugger all. Most people will tt it anyways. I also challange people to find oils that drop in greater quantities.

Rgds

Ace

Last edited:
Does it state 34% more withdrawn OVERALL money(meaning for example from 6M they now have 4M liquid), or just an increase of withdrawals by 34% ???

We seem to forget that people buy strongboxes, cycle, and then withdraw.. rinse/repeat. So more withdrawls are no surprise to me.

What I think is going on, which could make the situation look worse than it might be is:

- if webstore is not classified as depositing => decrease of deposits

- people buy boxes to loot rings, shoot the uni ammo and withdraw => increase of withdraws

- people bought aud / compet deeds (from webshop) cheaper sold ingame => increase of withdraws

Could this be it?

True:bandit:

We seem to forget that people buy strongboxes, cycle, and then withdraw.. rinse/repeat. So more withdrawls are no surprise to me.

I hadn't considered that, although all that UA still needs to be cycled.

Rgds

Ace

What I think is going on, which could make the situation look worse than it might be is:

- if webstore is not classified as depositing => decrease of deposits

- people buy boxes to loot rings, shoot the uni ammo and withdraw => increase of withdraws

- people bought aud / compet deeds (from webshop) cheaper sold ingame => increase of withdraws

Could this be it?

True:bandit:

All possible, no idea if strong boxes are classed as depositing. Any way of checking?

Rgds

Ace

All possible, no idea if strong boxes are classed as depositing. Any way of checking?

Rgds

Ace

From the way I see it, anything from webstore is considered as "a bought product" , depositing is just putting money on the cards ingame. Therefore it would make sense that deposits are down and withdraws up :)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?285907-Mindark-Annual-Report-2015

Pending withdrawals are up from 4 284 077 to 5 754 541 (+34.3%) - see Note 22. (from haruto rat)

Rgds

Ace

Pending withdrawals means the amount requested but not yet paid at the point the accounts were made.

That does not mean an increase of 34% in total withdrawals. This part of the report tells us nothing about total withdrawals. I guess it must say something about that elsewhere.

From the way I see it, anything from webstore is considered as "a bought product" , depositing is just putting money on the cards ingame. Therefore it would make sense that deposits are down and withdraws up :)

To true, True Juan, (sorry couldnt resist :) )

I don't know if that accounts for it, but could quite easily account for a proportion of it. Doesnt take away, that people that invest heavily and are not given basic promises years later, are now withdrawing.

Rgds

Ace

Pending withdrawals means the amount requested but not yet paid at the point the accounts were made.

That does not mean an increase of 34% in total withdrawals. This part of the report tells us nothing about total withdrawals. I guess it must say something about that elsewhere.

Also a fair point. And would go towards possibly describing why there is a profit this year. (Although, i had the impression that was solely or nearly solely becuase of the VAT situation. I am not an accountant and this is complete and utter guess work on my part.)

Rgds

Ace

Withdrawals up 34%, deposits down.

That +34.3% pertains to the stock of pending withdrawals at a specific moment in time, 31-Dec-2015, compared to 31-Dec-2014. That may point to MA becoming less brisk in processing withdrawals, but might as well be a coincidence. The source of this figure is note 22 on page 35 of the annual report. (google-translated version)

The flow of withdrawals per period is not shown in the annual report anymore.

Comparing stock to flow has no real meaning.

edit: oh, Oleg put it more succintly while I was typing.

That would be a very odd way to do things as are not PED also "bought product". Could be why though as I was really surprised to see deposits down with the amount of strongboxes that have been opened.

Rgds

Ace

It would have to be accounted for on a different line. So, it's a matter of finding something like purchases or item sales or something.

That would be a very odd way to do things as are not PED also "bought product". Could be why though as I was really surprised to see deposits down with the amount of strongboxes that have been opened.

Deposits are down 6.1% right? That's fairly marginal. If it was 30% or aomething.. I would be concerned.

I had said to some friends that I would have sold out if mindark didn't make a profit after all these years.. because in reality.. going into the black is very important to make sure the game doesn't up and disappear. They did.. and I'm happy with that.

Withdraws are part of an rce. It's actually healthy for people to get money out of the system. It's why many of us play. There were a lot of activities that led to player windfalls. Hitting big explosives, looting pricy rings, etc.

Higher withdrawals can mean a lot of things.. good and bad. Players could be doing well or are jaded and pissy like pickle and want to reduce investments. We have no way of really knowing and our disposition will be based on our own bias.

Explosives are not the problem. Crafting was screwed before they were introduced.

Rgds

Ace

Is not the problem with crafting, that there is not a high demand for craftable items. Look at medical compress, it used to be in high demand, now with free vivo 10 and upgrades via mushrooms etc players dont make fabs. Players dont craft guns as material was removed from loot pool and the flood of elm weapons. There is so many diffrent ul and L armour in loot pool, not poit crafting. Only mining tools and amps are regurlry crafted as they still sell. Something I been bugging ND for over year now is to give RT finders bp, to use up many RT resources, but to no avail.

Deposits are down, withdrawals are up. They need to fix a tonne of stuff in this game and the number of bugs grows more and more entrenched. I am fed up with buggy graphics. My PC is top spec, it is a programming issue.

They have until December to fix the following or I am done
1. Fully functional stable and taming features
2. Fully functional land plots and harvesting
3. Delivery of upgraded space
4. Implementation of the Galactic transport missions
5. Addressing the Explosive projectile issue
6. Better management of the micro economy
7. Return ingame babble and laying down
8. Allow more than 1 pet to be spawned at once
9. Advertise on television
10. Buy bigger servers

Deposits are down, withdrawals are up. They need to fix a tonne of stuff in this game and the number of bugs grows more and more entrenched. I am fed up with buggy graphics. My PC is top spec, it is a programming issue.

They have until December to fix the following or I am done
9. Advertise on television
10. Buy bigger servers

Bye? You are being impractical and are asking for too much in 6 months.

There is little dollars to advertise on television. That's extremely expensive. You know better.

They do need to finish what they have started. I will give you that but you are asking for the moon. Making a list of demands is poor practice.

Last edited:

I think its a very logic way to do things. Peds are not bought, they are exchanged from other currencies and exchanged back when you withdraw. You dont buy and sell them and even though it might seem the same its not, just like if you rent a car, you dont buy it and then sell it back :)

Im pretty sure deposits are up atleast as much as withdraws if you count in the boxes.

But its hard to know for sure ofcourse :silly2:

This isn't even touching on your inability to keep textures the same in game. I seriously feel sorry for anyone that likes clothing. Why introduce customizable items, when you frack it up with an update.

thanks, at least someone is sorry then! :ahh:

Making a list of demands is poor practice.

making proposals and promises, while not keeping most of them, is poor practice too, in my humble opinion. i know, bitching around doesn't help at all, so i tend to depo less, play less, and bitch less - easy as that, and best practice for me.

:handjob:

I want my plot content so bad I need that money

From all the above the only thing I learn is that! Few Scars A.K.A. --> "Bjorn Longstaff" is going to stop playing at the end of the year. Nothing other is new.

Yeah no way they could do it in 6 months but u have to admit the first 8 is a really nice list!

I love when people is thread with "Withdrawals is up with 34% !!!!" without understand what they are reading. :silly2:

We have no clue if the withdrawals are up or down, we only know the pending withdrawals is up with 34% compare to 2014. That is in SEK, and around 7% of that increase is because a higher USD/SEK exchange rate, so the increase in PED is around 27%.

Back