MA needs to wake up.

I love when people is thread with "Withdrawals is up with 34% !!!!" without understand what they are reading. :silly2:

We have no clue if the withdrawals are up or down, we only know the pending withdrawals is up with 34% compare to 2014. That is in SEK, and around 7% of that increase is because a higher USD/SEK exchange rate, so the increase in PED is around 27%.

Yeah, that got covered by others, my ignorance is shining brightly through lol ;)

Rgds

Ace

They have until December to fix the following or I am done
1. Fully functional stable and taming features
2. Fully functional land plots and harvesting
3. Delivery of upgraded space
4. Implementation of the Galactic transport missions
5. Addressing the Explosive projectile issue
6. Better management of the micro economy
7. Return ingame babble and laying down
8. Allow more than 1 pet to be spawned at once
9. Advertise on television
10. Buy bigger servers

I'm glad I didn't post something similar about the missing ability to take screenshots in-game.

None of those 10 I suspect will be fully implemented by December, maybe 1) and 2) might be improved by then.

According to this thread :
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?282836-State-of-the-Universe-Address-2016

Space upgrades are coming shortly :eyecrazy:

[h=3]State of the Universe Address 2016[/h]

Space
Later in the year, we will turn our primary focus to the development of content and systems for space. Some of the space projects on our radar include:
Galactic transport & space missions.
Space vessels - improved balance, modules, upgrades and new ship classes.
PVE space content, including new space creatures.
Improved PVP space gameplay and balance.

Best regards,
Klas Moreau
CEO MindArk PE AB

Originally Posted Here

Deposits are down, withdrawals are up. They need to fix a tonne of stuff in this game and the number of bugs grows more and more entrenched. I am fed up with buggy graphics. My PC is top spec, it is a programming issue.

10. Buy bigger servers

You might as well start now, it will take 6 months to sell out anyways, and you have to know probably none of these will be achieved, let alone all eight.

Hahahaha, I mean, state of the universe? Since when did they ever do what they've said in any of those, in any given year? I say again. Hahahaha!

Bye? You are being impractical and are asking for too much in 6 months.

There is little dollars to advertise on television. That's extremely expensive. You know better.

They do need to finish what they have started. I will give you that but you are asking for the moon. Making a list of demands is poor practice.

LOL I demand as an invested player with real cash in this game that they fix the above issues and follow through on their promises!

Deposits are down, withdrawals are up. They need to fix a tonne of stuff in this game and the number of bugs grows more and more entrenched. I am fed up with buggy graphics. My PC is top spec, it is a programming issue.

10. Buy bigger servers

Maybe you should ask for 3 out of those 10. It's impossible for MA to do all those you demanded, especially TV ad. Which country's TV? All countries, I don't think even Microsoft can afford to do it constantly.... lol.

Bump it up.

Land plots, stables. YEars later and still waiting on features that were promised!

Rgds

Ace

I have to agree with OP atm i dont play because of the terrible icons i must se. I wonder time after time why MA cant fix the existing problems instead of adding new stuff. Luckily its summer and there is other things to do instead of wasting peds in EU ...
Hopefully they are fixing it untill the autum but i dont got high hopes on it tbh ...
All they seem to care about atm is compet lol

10. Buy bigger servers
mankini.jpg

Damn why does everyone forget Mankini's !!!

There is alot of small reasons why people leave, im suppriced that deposit is down, alot of people did depo who normaly dont do that becouse of strongboxes. Imagine the depo if there was no strongboxes added! :eek:

Sharpnell did remove alot of loot with MU. (MU did start to go up)

Explosive did remove the MU from the loot that still got looted. (MU went down more then ever)

Alot of UL gear and less players removed MU on L gear.

Select target and other bad things in PvP made pvp dead and alot of PKers left the game and sold out.

Last edited:
the problem is, that many of the low level player have virtually no impact on the economy and for every uber, that cycled hundreds of thousands of peds each month, that leaves, there need to be at least 100 low level player to compensate for that. if not more. and to be fair... the amount of low level players doesnt rise and very rarely someone of these has the endurance to get to a level where he can cycle enough to stimulate economy.
one of the reasons for this is that the middle class gets fucked in the ass big time by MA.
imo there are 3 major things, that fuck up the game badly right now:
1. ep 4 BP (obviously) as for various reasons stated in various threads,
2. the low maximum multiplier of (maybe) 10k x. that kills the complete fun out of mining and out of low to medium level hunting. i dont see more stable returns due to many lower loots... i had more stable returns when there were more bigger loots on small stuff. that made the game enjoyable and boosted the bankroll. and every uber that complained about that fact wouldnt have gotten uber without these.
and 3. the gamebreaking bugs and unstable servers that are persistent since 10 years and still no fix in sight. i have to calc in around 0,3% per hunt that go away thx to armor decay and fap decay while i cant attack enemy but he can attack me thx to "system failed" messages...

as MA is not putting ANY work on fixing this shit up the game will die. without a doubt. nobody is investing big anymore as the trust is gone. bets option for MA is to go and give the game away to a company with a tiny bit of enthusiasm and EU could become great again. but i doubt that this will happen while in the hands of MA, the worst software devoloper on the world.

I agree with OP! But I need to add some thoughts. MA need to "re-invent" Entropia, because as it is right now isn't working as intended anymore.
Also I need to add another aspect. MA can't give up this platform with ease, because Entropia it is a RCE and as such the next investor is like getting in a bank (if we accept such scenario). I don't know if any corporation it will be able to do something like this!
So, I think very soon, MA will forced to start fixing this platform again. It is a one way road.

Last edited:
Maybe the plots are for the in game pet battles and feeding them somehow with buffs?

I agree, sadly Either MA wakes up, or the customers do.....the numbers indicate the customers are waking up.

I personally have grown to my end of caring. I will likely liquidate everything soon, and whatever I don't, I just don't care to mess with it....it can rot, or with some luck sit until this gets run properly.

I love this game and the playerbase, but it is time to move on when the company cares so little for the product or for the customer base. Pisses me off even more to know I finally have the ability to inject more than ever into the game, have a ball for a really long time at top end content and really want to, but cannot support the management as it stands.

It is truly heart wrenching to make the choice between playing the game I love, and the choice to not support the poor management of it.

But it is what it is, I state my opinion here on the forums so they know exactly what caused the problem. They should have no excuse in my case to know where they went wrong.

My family and our partners invest in companies, the ones we own and operate are the ones with customer service and effective management as a primary part of the plan. All of them are profitable, and business grows year after year. Shame some of these quarterly checks wont be going to entertainment via Entropia, cause I really didn't mind wasting my life away inside it.

Having returned after a long break, I must say that EU looks great with kind of fresh eyes.

Better life than ever for newbs in what regards info and integration.

For the rest.. To be honest, ever since MA introduced vehicles, they washed like 90% of their sins in my eyes.

Resource gathering in combination with estate dev I think will be the next big thing, parallel to the classic three professions and we're now only witnessing the pre-alpha stage. I don't expect a decent picture of it faster than some good years, 2-3 maybe.

I know how routine and some imperfections of the game can eat the enthusiasm away. But I hope for the best :)

I personally could do with some road maps, I would really like a clear picture of MAs intentions in the next 5-10 years, at least I would like to get a feel for what the long term vision is. We used to get periodic road maps and I always thought that was nice (even if the time scale was usually off by a couple of years lol).

EU was great, then VU 10 came a long which killed places like PA and sweat camp, places with real senses of community. Then the planets came along which further watered down the community. Then EU took the direction towards grinding which killed off everything else imo.

I liked the new VU10 graphics but the city re-designs and the planets were massive mistakes imo. Having 1 person create the planet and 1 person create the platform has led to a confusing mess of ideas and a ridiculous amount of fragmentation. I can only hope that I am wrong and short sighted in the matter. MA really needs a new CEO who can take back the reins and bring everything back to the glory days.

Yep, I'm part of that 34%, to the tune of 100k. You won't ever see me with so much resource in this game again. ALL economies are built on trust, and I've got less than zero for MA. Plus, they only care about if their top 25 chosen succeed anyways. The way they treat the playerbase, it seems everybody else can go to hell as far as they're concerned. I hope it hits them in the pocketbook, just like they've been doing to us for years the greedy bastards.

you hit the nail on the head.How can you invest in game when they make your investment worthless

you hit the nail on the head.How can you invest in game when they make your investment worthless

When you rush and sell something specifically titled as cheap, they didn't make your investment worth less, you did.

That's the problem with markup in general in this game. People get in a hurry and drop the mu rather than wait to preserve the price. With some exceptionsort of course, a lot of this is all self inflicted.

Besides, there are many hunters who are doing fine on just limited gear. Investing in gear in general is like buying a new car. It's just a tool. It allows you to skip markup and lack of supply if that is the case. Most times, it's never worth it to buy unlimited gear and yet many do it anyway and then resell when they outgrow it in 5 levels.

This is a new Era. Plenty of L options. Time to wise up. Stop being a victim.

How MA could fix their problems (and make a ton of moola without trying too hard.

Well if Mindark wants players to stay and in fact they want to keep their so called "Gravy Train": Going, maybe what they need to do is a few simple things, and in fact Here are some "Out of the box" ide4as...

Explosives (not Projectiles) -

L:et's be honest, Explosive Projectiles are great when you craft them, as they now give you skills, but let's be honest, Putting explosive projectiles into the crafting mx really wasn't a well thought out idea.. I mean granted the explosives generate Cheap metal residue, but it's the explosives themselves that are the issue here..

With too many explosives and not enough Grenade launchers (either Looted or crafted) the end result is that Explosives will never get abovcee 105% and for good reason.. There's a glut on the market so most people take those Explosives and toss them in "The Blue Bin" (The Trade Terminal as we all Call it), then they take their returns buy nanocubes over and over again, just a simple waste of energy just to craft for a big Hof (What I call a Big Banana... So what to do with them? Improvise, and change the end result..

The Problem with Explosives is that the only thing they are good for is in fact, just Grenade Launchers nothing else.. (just like Sweat was back when I started in 2008, and that was Mind Essence. SBut now we have Explosivve as being the main culprit here, and in fact just like the 90 or so sweat sinks we have in the game now which has helped stabilize sweat prices a bit (albe it low), the same thing needs to be done with Explosives, and the answer is... Missiles..(not just missiles for Motherships mind you , but missiles for quads and some of the so called "New Vehicles" that are going to come out (if and when they get space upgraded again)

IN fact Mind ark hasn't thought a lot about this angle, and a lot of their income not only comes from the auction huose, but from the crafting terminal as well. So why not make craftable ship missiles to use in space combat.. different types and varieties I might add... and put basic Engines into the mix..(Basic Engines were long before 2009, and in fact why not put them into the missile mix, would give all those worthless blueprints new life..

and speaking of missiles, why not use the same idea that Nano cubes are being uses for making explosives but in fact, in this case you use the Decoy's that are in the TT, (Wanna know why? You gotta use those to help craft the anti-missile Countermeasures..(Decoy drones, etc..) of course when you fire a missile you get projectile related skills, as well as if you are trying to defend against a missile coming at you and you drop a decoy, well, then you get decoy dispenser skills..(Decoy Dispenser skills should be revamped for these decoys to thwart missles afte4r all how many people go out and buy decoys from the TT and Drop them in front of mobs? Very very few if any.. So give your decoys a purpoise MA and give the explosive crafters a new lease on life.. might be able to draw in a few more people as well as give explosives a real purpose.. other than grenade launhchers..

If it's broke, Fix it.. (or the solution for L guns or you can have your cake and eat it too!)

Limited Guns are okay as they are disposable but jsut tossing a good gun in the TT and get pec back is a bit of too much material waste.. but then it'll take more materials to repair a gun then just tossing a UL gun in the TT and paying the tooll..

So why not make all guns Limited but here's where the half twist comes in..

You take a limited gun and you take it not to the Trade terminal but rather to the repair terminal, and when you put it in, the repair terminal tells you that it's brokwe, and you n eed parts to fix it..

Wait, Parts?

Yes, Parts... after all Look at any real life gun, it has a stock, it has a chamber, it has a bearrel as well as a trigger and trigger guard.. and what happens when you take a real life gun to a gun smith? He gets the parts (or crafts them himself and puts the gun back together..

This right here would allow players to craft parts that are needed to keep a gun alive and in aspect the gunsmiths would be able to sell the parts (either to other players or though the auction house.. once you get all the new parts for the gun, you slap it inthe repair terminal and then click repair and the gun is good as new.. (though there is a catch.. Low quality materials to craft the parts mean that it wears out soon (as it will show the gun has a less then full TT, only quality parts will give you back the full TT value.. and if you ahve the Gun smithing skillls..

This makes crafters want to befcome gunsmiths, and rather than just crafting Limtied Guns, they aloso craft the parts for said guns so that when a Player wants to have it repaired, they can.. and they can keep going...

so yes here's a win win situcation, playr who is crafting parts to put gun toghether uses mateirals that are on auction, they then craft parts and then sell on auction the parts necessary to do the repairs, players then can have the gun smith do the work (and pay them ) or do it themselves..

So yeah a lot fewer Guns going to the TT, and a lot more materials being used as Miners try to keep materials flowing in for the gunsmithes to make the parts to keep them repaired..

(This also could go for limited Armors as well...)

And speaking of Armors...

(Time to drop those blueprints on the Older looted armors..)

That's right you heard me, make all the armors from Pixie to Supremacy crafable.. remove them from the loot, and thus you make armor smiths out of some folsk.. who will buy said mateirals to make armors for the players..

but what about the Limited Armors? See the Gun example above.. and get the nexessary parts to craft to repair the armor.. more materials = More money in your pocket MA..

Make all the clothes Customizable.. as well as items that can be customized.. be it vehicles or clothes.. heck even make the armors customizable as well (doe the word Jarhead ring a bell here MA?

I mean textures would be used for players to m ake their own armos look great and will get more hunters out into the field for the texture crafters..

and speaking of vheicles.. make some of hte quads (that are limited0 customizable too. (Sure the sleipnir is okay but what about a customizable quad? After all if they did that, I bet a lot of Space PVP'ers / Pirates would love to want their ships nearly invisible to the naked eye, and the only thing that will make them detectiable is in fact the pain or texture job..

And let's talk space weapons..

Particle Beam Technology? Whee are those darn partcle beams as well as the missiles? sure mines are good, but let's be honest, we have a skill that is not bein used atm.. make a particl beam weapoin, and make it so we can craft it and attack it to our space vehicles..

See what I am getting at MA?

If you really want to make money, you hae to be a little less tight and a little more flexible.. these are ideas that could be implemented quite easily and players I know would lvoe them... More materials used to keeps guns and armor in repair higher repairable limited armors and guns, and a ton of materials being bought and sold off the auction..

Kaching kaching Kaching...(Money Money Money)

Now at tha point thoe are good ideas, but then the players would need to stop being greedy and focus more on sales rather than desperation buysing..I continue to recycle my ped as I craft out components people need, and in fact a lot of these components go into other tiems..(Fuel cells and ball bearins for Finders and faps.. as well as ores and enmatters into weapons and weapon parts to make weapons..

but now that we got all these blueprints all this veriety and abo e all , all these materials sitting idel on the market.. maybe it's high time MA learns a lesson.. Get people to use the auction , (and oh yeah fix the auction so that the prices can be set now to jsut 10 pec intervals

(you can take that nice good looking gun for 17.50 ped... not 17 or 18.. but 17.50.. or at least make yourauction fees more affordable for players who put up titems ..

But hey if MA doesn't want to listen to ideas, then keep getting less and less, don't make your money, don't care and abov e all lose in this game..

After all Entropia Univers is a form of Entropy.. and right now that's the way it's headed.. you want new life in this game/ Change a few things and you could make a mint.. Or not.. It's really, your choice.

(Sgt) Benjamin Ben Coyote, IFN Marines
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper" (and) "His Dog Spot"
(Head of Arkadian Arknights.

MA need to "re-invent" Entropia

The re-invention already happened.

It went from "dynamic virtual universe", "make your fortune", "be a part of the exciting colonization of Calypso" to things like... Planet Partners, ComPets, President of VR, Web Shop, User-bound items...

We went from an interesting idea/sandbox with unlimited potential to a boring/lifeless grind. It's starting to feel like every other game. Except, instead of gameplay updates we get new iron missions.

To top it off we are stuck with an unsustainable sinking ship of an economy. Instead of plugging the holes MA is constantly creating new ones.

Still, I have hope for the future (why else would I be here?). MA has made some positive changes lately. But I'm getting tired of waiting for the good stuff.

Honestly... this game's economy was at it's strongest from 2006-2009. Then an eventual decline started.. but the economy was still booming until 2012 when drops really started. then shrap, CLDs, and EP bps killed whatever was left.

Now you have 1) No more need for the trinity. Crafting was broken before EP bps... now it's broken beyond repair without a massive crafting overhaul..... 2) TOO MUCH GOD DAMN PASSIVE INCOME. CLDs were "short fixes" for income for MA.... now players with the most resources to invest basically log in to pull out CLD payments or they can hunt/mine without deposits thanks to the passive income..

This kind of income used to be reserved for LA owners and the like. The whole deed program was a mistake from the get go that MA can never take back.

Really we need a crafting overhaul, EP bps need another resource that's hunted/mined... and we need to cool it with the gay as decay events (Migration, EM, HM, MM, and whatever the hell else is out there). These are again... short term money makers. They inject UL weapons/armors into the game and devalue those already held by players.

Basically MA needs to just give the players the tools and stay the f*ck out of the economy. That's the way it was in 2006-2008. Players controlled all.

They've made a few steps in the right direction recently.. so there's hope. They just need to learn from their mistakes apparently.

Still.. Crafting overhaul plz.

its been almost 2 years for me since I did something notable like globalling in this game, that means actually spending/earning ped, and had some thoughts about coming back but read through the forum threads and not really happy.... did MA still not woke up ? :(

should i check for this game after 2 more yrs? or 20 to be sure ? I love(d) this game but wth happened to you MA/Entropia? :)

Last edited:
its been almost 2 years for me since I did something notable like globalling in this game, that means actually spending/earning ped, and had some thoughts about coming back but read through the forum threads and not really happy.... did MA still not woke up ? :(

should i check for this game after 2 more yrs? or 20 to be sure ? I love(d) this game but wth happened to you MA/Entropia? :)

MA is a small company so I don't blame them. But with the pace of development lately, I think cryogenics is the only option.

Don't let the whiny bitches detour you from this game. They rather attract attention and feel important on the forums rather than attempt to play what is otherwise a challenging game.

Many of them are beyond sensitive and rage at any little thing. Yea some of them have valid complainta, like support times for example, but most just suck at this game. It isn't easy.

Don't let the whiny bitches detour you from this game. They rather attract attention and feel important on the forums rather than attempt to play what is otherwise a challenging game.

Many of them are beyond sensitive and rage at any little thing. Yea some of them have valid complainta, like support times for example, but most just suck at this game. It isn't easy.

Totally agree!

But there is still some things MA needs to deliver, or even more people will lose their trust in EU and MA.

Transport missions (promised long ago, never delivered)
Landplots for 9 CLDs (promised long ago, never delivered)

MA did a lot improvements, especially for new players.
Thats good but MA has to deliver what was promised years ago!

The problem I see on MA side is, that they advertise a lot nice features but never manage to implement this features in a reasonable timeframe.

I'm glad I didn't post something similar about the missing ability to take screenshots in-game.

I've always hated in-game screenshots. I usually end up having a few dozen (or more) screenshots I didn't want to take when I accidentally map one of my other functions to the key that does screen capture. :dunce:

I prefer {Alt-print screen} to copy the window screenshot to clipboard and then paste to GIMP.
Or just {Print screen} if I'm playing something in fullscreen, which is almost never.

I know this game is not easy, even before there were whinners, even I whine, everyone does... but the thing is this month I will watch streams on twitch to see how it goes, I already seen some of the streams in last week, dont want to comment about that but i will continue to watch so i can make an idea of how things are in-game...
GL 2 all out there....

Back