No ay in hell I would plat this game once it is for real

Lower Bane

Provider
Why?

Well currently if this game was live.

You buy Gold with PED. PED as you may recall is the game currency that you have to buy with REAL MONEY.

The vault is not a safe place to put your Gold. I have been "raided" the past two nights of well OVER 200k on each night of gold. Leaving my vault just about bone dry.

There is no way in hell that I would invest a single cent into this game just as long as someone else can come along and steal my money. That is what it will amount to, is you will be getting literally robbed.

Not even EU is that bad or brazen as to how it opens you up to theft. Think about it. In EU you have to chose to go into PvP areas. It is only in PvP areas that you can lose things that cost you PED or real money. So, it is your choice.

Currently the way Compet is set up you do not have a choice. You WILL get raided. And having a guard does not stop it. That is a joke because there are always bigger and badder guards than what you got.

So what needs to be done is the vault made unraidible period. Then a way to transfer gold bought with ped into the vault where it would be safe.Even if the ped is not bought, once it is moved into the vault it should be safe.

Until something like that is done I would not touch this game with a 10' pole. And once people start playing for real and they get popped I imagine they would figure out real quick not to play the game.

So, fix it, or this game will lead a very short life.

You buy Gold with PED. PED as you may recall is the game currency that you have to buy with REAL MONEY.

The vault is not a safe place to put your Gold. I have been "raided" the past two nights of well OVER 200k on each night of gold. Leaving my vault just about bone dry.

Wait a sec, you saying Compets is another form of lootable PVP?!

You are writing an half true ...

You can use ped to buy gold, but u can farm gold also with mines and dont use at all any peds.

You can be raided and lose your gold, but u can just spend it all before you are in lootable time.

there are several ways to not loose your gold and u have to discover how.

Too much drama about a free stuff u can get easly. .. (as gold)

No what I was trying to point out was that with EU you at least have a choice of whether or not to go into a PvP area. You have a choice in EU to put all the stuff that you bought with PED into storage before going into a PVP area. You have a choice. Currently with this game there is no choice on whether or not your going to lose your gold. It is gone, guard pet or no guard pet.

To Antrace. In the real world there are people that work for a living and can only afford to depo once a week or once a month. They would have to save their gold in order to afford that upgrade that they want. And even then after being able to save the gold that they had to depo to get there is always leftover gold.

Then there are people that live in mommy and daddys basement and have no bills. So they can level, teach, and build to their hearts desire. Those are the ones that will be able to loot on a whim the people that can't do that.

I'm sorry, there is no choice at all with compet. There is no "safe" area period that gold/ped/real money can not be stolen from. The Vault needs to be unlootable.

I can't think of another game that I have played like that. :p

You buy PEDs with your IRL money.

PEDs cannot be raided.

It′s only of your own will, if you convert any of your PEDs into gold. And since your mines produce gold, you′re not even forced to pay for any gold at all.

:dunno:

Just buy a shield if you can't accept loosing gold over night.

You buy PEDs with your IRL money.
PEDs cannot be raided.

Missing the point. Yes you can keep your peds until ready to purchase the gold to buy the upgrades. I have never seen change given as there at time will be huge differences between the cost of an upgrade and the amount of gold bought with peds.

It′s only of your own will, if you convert any of your PEDs into gold. And since your mines produce gold, you′re not even forced to pay for any gold at all.
:dunno:

Yes, my mines produce gold just fine. For other people. lolololol
Because of that fact, if you don't buy gold with ped you will do nothing except for what 10 forest battles a day will do. Then all that gold will get raided.

In every game I have ever played there was a "safe" spot. Even in EU you have storage. Where is the "safe" spot for this game. I will continue beta testing, but I reiterate. Will not play this game for real period unless gold in the vault or simalar is instituted. Even with the vault being "safe" there will still be plenty of gold for the greedy to raid. People have to sleep sometime and when you sleep you can not move gold to safe from gold mines. The higher the level the more gold there will still be left for the greedy to raid. :) Yes, I was raiding for a bit till this thought hit me. :p

I don't know what you are on about unless you spend a ton on gold no realising you can produce it from the mines, the soft and hard currency system works great with this game style in my view, the game is perfectly free to play, the PED just helps to do things fast if you so wish...

I give up trying to get my point across. I guess the point will just have to slap you across the face once it goes live and there is no safe spot to park gold.

The gold mines, Yup, they produce a lot of gold. But every time I woke up for the past two days figuring this would be the day I build my lvl 10 stable (needed to get your lvl 25 pet) because there would be enough gold, only to find out that I had been hit several times and the amount of gold I have left is laughable. So yes, my mines produce plenty of gold FOR OTHER PEOPLE. My Lvl 24 guard needs to be slapped around some more. lol

I have pulled all my pets off guard duty and let them wander free in the village. So have at my gold peeps. I will just do the forest battles and work on my lower lvl pets.

Unless MA balances this somehow, I think raids will be a huge problem for people who play for free and try to save up gold from their mines.

They will just get raided over and over before they ever manage to save up the gold that they need for whatever they're trying to do.

Unless MA balances this somehow, I think raids will be a huge problem for people who play for free and try to save up gold from their mines.

They will just get raided over and over before they ever manage to save up the gold that they need for whatever they're trying to do.

Every time you get raided a shield gets put up, even when you successfully defend - thats alot of free protection time. On top of this one can do arena battles to win some dimonds and buy him/herself a weeks worth of shieldprotection for 250diamonds - enough time to safe up some gold from the mines.

Or just go out and raid the gold back that you lost ;)
My lvl24 pet got raided twice last night for 24k and 4k gold - i then went out there this morning and raided others for 750k worth of gold - enough to do some more expensive spell reasearch :)

It really does not matter so much if you loose or win when defending against a raid as long as your vault and mines are all guarded and your residence guard pet gives the attacker a hard enough fight.
The attacker usually will only get a fraction of the gold you have unless he can manage to defeat you while keeping his own health near max.

Why would you use PED to purchase mass quantities of gold if your not using it right away anyways?

That could be part of the strategy of using PED wisely. If you purchase 10k gold and spend 1k and leave 9k overnight without shield that is just negligence. You never needed to buy that much gold so why would you?

As I can see it gold mines should compliment any gold purchases just fine to do anything you need to do at any time. I only got up to residence lvl 6 last time but I never seen reasons to buy massive amounts of gold and wait to buy more to accomplish anything up to that point. Probably just wise to not pay for gold until last step to using it all to do something.

Also ped is used for diamonds which can be used to buy shields which can be used to protect your gold so if you do purchase massive gold with PED you probably want to buy some shields to go with it.

And no you are not required to buy gold to play the game, the game generates gold to play via mines, it is just an option to purchase gold with PED for impatience, use it if you want but probably needs to be used wisely and not foolishly.

Based on this and your previous posts about ComPet, I would say you're just not very good at playing the game.

Why would you use PED to purchase mass quantities of gold if your not using it right away anyways?

That could be part of the strategy of using PED wisely. If you purchase 10k gold and spend 1k and leave 9k overnight without shield that is just negligence. You never needed to buy that much gold so why would you?

As I can see it gold mines should compliment any gold purchases just fine to do anything you need to do at any time. I only got up to residence lvl 6 last time but I never seen reasons to buy massive amounts of gold and wait to buy more to accomplish anything up to that point. Probably just wise to not pay for gold until last step to using it all to do something.

Also ped is used for diamonds which can be used to buy shields which can be used to protect your gold so if you do purchase massive gold with PED you probably want to buy some shields to go with it.

And no you are not required to buy gold to play the game, the game generates gold to play via mines, it is just an option to purchase gold with PED for impatience, use it if you want but probably needs to be used wisely and not foolishly.

I was doing what everyone else was doing. :) Leveling and building as fast as I could to see if anything generated bugs to be reported. Was able to get my main pet up to lvl 24 along with several lvl 10 pets. Also built everything to the max it could be and learned and maxed out spells. I totally depleted all PED , Gold, and Diamonds doing this. Was it foolish? Ummm... no, that is what us beta testers are supposed to do. Poke along slow as possible and you will not uncover that many bugs. lol

I know that you are not required to spend your peds. But name another game where there is no safe spot AT ALL to put things? I am waiting..... lol

Based on this and your previous posts about ComPet, I would say you're just not very good at playing the game.

MMMm... most my posts have been about bugs, and others answering questions. The biggest beef I have harped about is no safe spot to put things.

Yes, I have also mentioned that I do not like PvP much at all. But I do love beta testing new games and feel it is part of the job to point things out. This is far from the first game that I have beta tested. Am I a pro at this game? Ummm... no, and never claimed to be.

Have been waiting on Mind Ark to fix bug where ComPet does not recognize my login and password. From what I could play it was fun game for me.

I know that you are not required to spend your peds. But name another game where there is no safe spot AT ALL to put things? I am waiting..... lol

Wrong question in my opinion - and wrong approach to the question as well.
If I spend loads of money on bread one day, I don't complain that there is nowhere where I can keep it fresh until I want to eat it! The peds are safe - the diamonds are safe. Being raided should activate a safety shield for quite a few hours. I know the multi guard pets thing seems to be bugged, but that is what testing is for.

In terms of gameplay - convert peds to gold when you want to use them for a purchase. What I would agree with is that it is insane that you could convert peds to gold and be raided in the time before you can invest the gold.

Conversions should activate a short-term shield in my opinion!

Current structure of Raids

I think I somewhat understand the OP's stance.
And yes it is true there are ways to protect your gold, use it, shield it, etc. But it takes a bit of game play to figure all that out. In as far as player retention is concerned, how many new players will be lost after they sign up, depo $5, convert some of it to gold for leveling up structures, Quit the game for the evening only to come back the next day to find someone raided all your gold. MA needs to find a balance here for both sides. Perhaps limiting the amount of gold that can be raided and also rewarding successful raids with XP, tiering up points, or other compensation rather than wiping out someone's vault might be a better solution Or perhaps giving new players a 7 day shield and a tutorial on how to protect it?

Just a thought.

how in the hell can the op think raiding is final now, after it's been clearly changed during the beta multiple times :laugh:

think, then post

I'm honestly wondering why the OP (and several others who've posted) think the gold raiding is a problem when pretty much every other major app that has a village set up works in exactly the same way. If you've played any of them for more than 24 hours you know not to log off with gold you want to keep, and never use the premium currency to buy gold you're not going to spend right there and then.

Offering your feedback on a beta test is all very well but it definitely helps if you have some idea of the target markets expectations. This app isn't going to be anything like EU as it's not aiming at the same market so stop expecting it to be a pc game.

I'm honestly wondering why the OP (and several others who've posted) think the gold raiding is a problem when pretty much every other major app that has a village set up works in exactly the same way. If you've played any of them for more than 24 hours you know not to log off with gold you want to keep, and never use the premium currency to buy gold you're not going to spend right there and then.

Offering your feedback on a beta test is all very well but it definitely helps if you have some idea of the target markets expectations. This app isn't going to be anything like EU as it's not aiming at the same market so stop expecting it to be a pc game.

Ummm... from my perspective it is a PC game. I am playing it on the pc. I do not play games on my phone nor tablet. That is what my pc is for. If they do not mean it to be a pc game also then don't make a pc version. I used to be a hard core pc gamer and have beta tested many games. It is part of a beta testers job to find bugs and offer feedback. If you don't like my feedback then you are welcome to stay off my threads.

Ummm... from my perspective it is a PC game. I am playing it on the pc. I do not play games on my phone nor tablet. That is what my pc is for. If they do not mean it to be a pc game also then don't make a pc version. I used to be a hard core pc gamer and have beta tested many games. It is part of a beta testers job to find bugs and offer feedback. If you don't like my feedback then you are welcome to stay off my threads.

You can play all those other app games I mentioned on the pc too, just most play them as apps on phones, but that's beside the point, you're still getting angry about a mechanic that is normal for the type of game you're testing as if MA have made a crap game when they haven't.

You can play all those other app games I mentioned on the pc too, just most play them as apps on phones, but that's beside the point, you're still getting angry about a mechanic that is normal for the type of game you're testing as if MA have made a crap game when they haven't.

To play phone/tablet app games on a pc I think you normally need "helper" software like Bluestacks or something. If you don't need the "helper" software then they had to do coding specifically for PC or it should not run. If that is done then that version is a PC game.

I am however enjoying beta testing this game, I usually do enjoy beta testing games. But I will continue to beef about the vault being raided. I mean if it is going to be raided do not call it a vault. Call it a Gold room or something like that. Do not give it the name of something that signifies safety.

My suggestion would be to just increase the gold cap on the mines and remove the "vault" all together. Gold mines I can understand being raided, but not a vault. The word Vault makes one think of a safe storage place, does it not?

Now is that better? :)

Please enlighten me :)

Marie,

Can you please tell me which games you are referencing to that are the same where we will be able to deposit and withdrawl REAL money. Because in my book that does make a difference on how the game play is.

Ty.

Reactions: EMW
Marie,

Can you please tell me which games you are referencing to that are the same where we will be able to deposit and withdrawl REAL money. Because in my book that does make a difference on how the game play is.

Ty.

LOL..... Out loud.

At the moment when you have done all your forest battles and can't find arena match raiding is all you can do if you want to play the game and not passive skill your pets in gym or quests.

I think there should be somekind of cooldown period after raid so one player can't do all available raids in a row.

attachment.php

My best raid so far, too bad vault was only 30k capacity so 40k gold was vanished.

I was doing what everyone else was doing. :) Leveling and building as fast as I could to see if anything generated bugs to be reported. Was able to get my main pet up to lvl 24 along with several lvl 10 pets. Also built everything to the max it could be and learned and maxed out spells. I totally depleted all PED , Gold, and Diamonds doing this. Was it foolish? Ummm... no, that is what us beta testers are supposed to do. Poke along slow as possible and you will not uncover that many bugs. lol

Well you can always keep your shields up every hour by doing a raid, that will protect your gold and you can always buy the shields from the shop even though they are bugged atm.

lets see Game of War, Clash of Clans to name a couple you time out your protection barriers you pretty much loose everything. That is the way these games are designed and for a reason, it generates cash for the owners because people have to keep depositing to keep their shields up or they suffer major losses at all times.

Confirm, There can be raided multipler times - Bugged/not protected

Just tested

Had shield ...

I did broke it by trying to attack anothother - = Had no oponent - Shield identification still on ...

Then I entered Forest - to check, does I have more attempts there - None (was missing some Gold to upgrade)

Return Main view - opaa ... Gold reserves dimished (Shield identification = None)

Checked Research ... again Gold reserves dimished 2nd time *(got raided ) No Shield added

Checked mine and took some Gold out of it .... Gold even less 3 times raided= >

Got raided 3 times in Row ... And still not shielded ....

Today earlier I did use some PEDs to by Gold (managed to make that upgrade)

And Can confirm I also would in Real NOT use PEDS to buy Gold.... under such mechanism (PS. was PVP miner in EU not anymore as not using Macroes - was just putting lootables to Storage b4 entering PVP lootable... and risking only Toxic + Looted and not stacked to storage in run - was exciting lootable often to clear inventory,...)

Last edited:
Another comment on PED-> Gold

Its Scales up .... lol

Min purchase is its 10% of treasury .... so on lvl 1 treasury min purchase ir less than on lvl MAX ....and that all can be rided even Gold needed for upgrade are few coins ....

Min purchase for me now is 3k .... but I am missing ~900 Gold for research.... and I am expecting to be raided for 2.1k Gold..... and got no Acitvity to do @the moment for like 1 h + ..... and of course got no shield

Another interesting notice on this

Mines are emptied upon click on them (PC version)

So I when trying to check and plan how much I need to be AFK to collect for research .... moved gold to trasury ... and Whollaa

now its even less ...

Sidenote

I got stationed guards on City/ each mine and Treasury .... they have been fighting .... (hopefully ...) BUT no xp - will post this on suggestions

Back